PDA

View Full Version : aargghh put in chip, car stalls HELP!!!

darebren
04-12-2003, 02:52 PM
i just installed the RPC chip, I have not yet put in the plugs or thermo, but the car stalls out even if i try to keep the revs up a little. I do not know which position to put the toggle switch on the chip in, but I've tried all three, I wonder if it will get better after I install the plugs and thermo, but I can't imagine that would have too much to do with it. I will now try to take off the chip and clean the connectors better, but I really did that well the first time, and at least the car starts up????? anyone have this happen yet????

Dennis Reinhart
04-12-2003, 02:59 PM
side one is in the center side two is by the machined groove in the switch unplug the switch put the chip in the car and see what happens

darebren
04-12-2003, 03:17 PM
i took the chip out, cleaned it again, and all seems to be fine. actually more than fine, thanks Dennis!! to confirm, switch in the middle is first program mods, switch opposite the groove is off, switch on the groove side is the second mod program if i had one, otherwise is the groove side the same as in the middle if only one program was added?

CRUZTAKER
04-12-2003, 04:16 PM
Definately clean the card edge of the chip assy. BETTER.

The plugs and stat not being installed will have absolutely no humanly noticable effect on your chip installation.

You have to clean the shat out of those gold card edge pins on the PCB. Finish off the cleansing with alchohol and a q-tip each time you use a piece of scotch brite before re-installing the chip.

It is possible to carefully remove and reinsert the PCB into the EEC box while in the car, this will allow quicker re-tests. You should probably pull the neg. bat. cable on each removal-reinstallation.

I easily spent 30 minutes cleaning, and inspecting with lites and a magnifying glass. That stuff is difficult to get off.

darebren
04-12-2003, 04:46 PM
can you toggle the switch on and off while the car is runing and in motion? or does it have to be turned off to reset it?

Logan
04-12-2003, 04:51 PM
The vehicle needs to be turned off before switching programs.

CRUZTAKER
04-12-2003, 04:57 PM
:up: I assume all is well in Cinci?

Dennis Reinhart
04-12-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by darebren
i took the chip out, cleaned it again, and all seems to be fine. actually more than fine, thanks Dennis!! to confirm, switch in the middle is first program mods, switch opposite the groove is off, switch on the groove side is the second mod program if i had one, otherwise is the groove side the same as in the middle if only one program was added?

If you dont have a Dual program the switch is not supposed to be used. Put it in the glove box

CRUZTAKER
04-12-2003, 06:17 PM
Touche! :up: