PDA

View Full Version : Trunk Organizer & Splash Guards

gto69home
09-10-2002, 07:31 PM
Hi Guys,
Has anyone ordered the Trunk Organizer from the Dealer yet? My guys can't seem to get the right item or price. There is a new one out for the MGM w/o the lid and it comes w/a golf bag holder - not what I wanted. Looking for the item # and price so I can help my dealer (thanks). Also, I like the splash guards look (not mud flaps), but noticed the front for a MGM are the only match - nothing for the rear since the bumper is a new style - any updates out there?

Thanks!
Jeff.

Logan
09-11-2002, 06:41 AM
Geez, make me get up and go open my trunk why don't ya... :)

The Marauder trunk organizer is Part # 2W73-19G438-BAW

Worth every penny. :)

lshultz
09-11-2002, 07:38 AM
My dealer here said that the trunk organizer had to be installed at the factory, it was not a dealer install option...
leon

GarageMahal
09-11-2002, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the part number Logan. I have been trying to order one as well but my dealer is a bit clueless. Going in for my first oil change today so hopefully I can get it ordered then.

jta

mensrea
09-11-2002, 08:50 AM
Factory installed, come on. It's a flat piece that drops right in the trunk, you can even take it out if you want. The only difference is it supposedly deletes the trunk net.

I put mine in myself.

Logan
09-11-2002, 11:12 AM
It's available via ford parts, just like any of the other 8 trillion ford parts... You could practically build a car just from the parts counter.

Dave Compson
09-11-2002, 12:16 PM
I just ordered a trunk org. for my car. The part number i have is

f8mz54115a00aaa

I hope this is right. Ill let you all know when i get it.

I dont want any grandpa golf club holder in my trunk...

Dave

Logan
09-11-2002, 04:39 PM
F8MZ is a 1998 part number, that can't be right.

The part number I provided is literally off the trunk organizer in my trunk. :)

03 Merc
09-11-2002, 05:00 PM
Dave,

That is number is wrong, or at least I have the same number as Logan. I suspect that may be the one for the Town Car or the GM with golf clubs. BTW the 03 Town Car one fits fine but it is a very light grey and does not have any dividers like the Marauder. Plus it's lid is one big part, rather than two covers, and they don't fold up. When my dealership gave me my organizer they intially pulled one out a 03 Town Car since they didn't know the difference...

You might try having your parts guy look up one of the lids / covers for the Marauder and then chase that back to the main part number...

GarageMahal
09-11-2002, 05:06 PM
My dealership is clueless. I gave them the part number Logan supplied and they still can't find it. They are not even aware of the option on a new factory order. This from the dealer with the largest allotment in the Twin Cities.

I have the parts department working on it tomorrow. Hopefully they will get lucky.

On a side note, I had my first oil change there today and the car came back full of greasy hand prints. Needless to say this did not impress me considering I spent over an hour washing it last weekend.

Time to find a new dealer I think.

jta

Dave Compson
09-12-2002, 10:32 AM
Well, i dont know. Ill just see. If anybody has any pictures, send them. I have one that logan took. Can you guys describe the organizer? I see that is it grey to match the car, with two lids and dividers. Anything else?? Thanks

Dave

Oh, and i am sure the part number i have is wrong. Ill just have to ***** when the wrong part arrives.

03 Merc
09-12-2002, 11:22 AM
Dave,

Send me your e-mail address, as a private message or whatever, and I'll take some digitals of mine and e-mail them to you.

Your description is correct BTW...

Dave Compson
09-13-2002, 02:49 AM
Im not afraid to post my email address to this group. So here it is, and thanks in advance for the picts.

dcompson@sisna.com

Ill look forward to seeing them.

Dave

JT03
09-13-2002, 04:41 AM
I will be selling my trunk organizer to anyone interested. Brand new and in the box. Also will part with my leather jacket - new and still in the box. Size L.

GarageMahal
09-13-2002, 10:48 AM
Doh! Wish I saw this sooner. I finally got one ordered from my dealer. Its gonna cost me around $290. Wish I ordered it from the factory.

jta

03 Merc
09-15-2002, 12:26 PM
Dave,

I just e-mailed you some photos of the trunk organizer..

Hope it helps,

Dave Compson
09-16-2002, 09:27 AM
Well, i got the call that my spec. order item was in. Well, as you all know, it was the wrong one. It was in fact the Grand Marq Golf Club trunk thingie, man was that cheap!! Needless to say, i didnt take it. The dealer cant find it, and now i need to go around with them to find one. Ill give them logans part number, and see if they can make heads or tails out of it. By the way, i got the photos, thanks alot. That will help when i am trying to show them what it is supposte to look like. Ill let you all know.

Dave

03 Merc
09-16-2002, 10:37 AM
Dave,

One of those photos has the sticker with the PN for the lid on it. You might want to have them run it to try and link to the right one...

My dealer cannot validate Logan's PN for a spoiler ...ah computers they make life so much simpler..:rolleyes:

Logan
09-16-2002, 11:26 AM
The part number on the lid and embossed on the main plastic bottom piece are the same number as I originally posted.

Dave Compson
09-16-2002, 04:43 PM
Well,

I gave the parts number to the part guy again.. And he still couldnt find it. Am i wrong, or all parts employees *******s?? Sorry, but i paid alot of money for this car, and is it too hard to ask for good customer service when i am buying an OPTION!??

Anyway, i am off of my high horse. That parts guy told me he couldnt find the part number, and he would have to call ford.

A couple of hours later, he called back and asked me if i wanted it carpeted or clear?.. I told him i wanted it carpeted. Ill let you know.

signed.... empty trunk, empty wallet

D

Logan
09-16-2002, 04:55 PM
From the sounds of it, the parts have been mis-filed in the system...

I'm going to try and find out why the parts counters are having such a hard time finding the part in their system.

JT03
09-16-2002, 07:41 PM
The part number I read off the box of the trunk component kit (trunk organizer) is 2W7319G438AAW. I believe the dividers were shipped in that box. Anyway, I have one trunk organizer new as delivered with car that I am selling for $125 plus shipping. Also, one MM03 leather jacket, new and in the box - size L, $225 plus shipping. Last and not least, I have one Reinhart chip, $200 takes it.

JT03
09-19-2002, 07:28 PM
Sold the trunk organizer. Will drop the price on the jacket and the chip to $150 each - bottom line. Beats just sitting on the shelf.

GarageMahal
09-27-2002, 08:22 AM
Finally got one and it is truly a nice option. I wish I had found one of these years ago. (Been driving CVPIs for over 15 years)

Not sure that I got the exact one that comes with the Marauder but it is close enough for me.

It has clear plastic doors. I thought the MM option had carpeted doors. I am guessing it is the police piece. Either way, I really like it. I actually think the clear doors are a nice thing as you can tell what is where without having to open the doors.

I must say they are charging a bit of money for a chuck of molded plastic however.

jta

(edited for spelling hehe)

Dave Compson
09-29-2002, 10:08 AM
I just got mine. It only took three weeks to get. And now that is here. I am happy. It is the carpeted one, and fits pretty nice. I havent organized anything in it yet, but it is nice.

I wont bore you all with the bad details of the two parts guys who dont work at the dealership after the ordering incident, but they finally got it right.

Anyway, take care.

Dave

Cooper
09-30-2002, 08:07 PM
Found a photo of the actual cargo organizer label with the part number stamped on it...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/p8cfba0a26ac8cb00a085ea7822942 3cf/fd6f9448.jpg

Hope this helps anyone who is still trying to order one.

Geo
10-01-2002, 11:52 PM
I personally think this item should be free as it is a protective protocal for Interceptors to prevent gas tank explosions upon high-speed impact from the rear.

As it is generally agreed, it would take quite the large and fast-moving vehicle to do this to a Marauder (unless it is being used by a police agency) but the principle is that perhaps you all should save some money by claiming that they should be installed for free as a bad lawsuit might make it on their table instead (hypothetical ofcourse). I am assuming that the the Interceptor updates (which include the organizer and differential/gas tank modifications) are free (applicable to 98-current Interceptors); see the 04 Marauder section.

Geo

Cooper
10-02-2002, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Geo
I personally think this item should be free as it is a protective protocal for Interceptors to prevent gas tank explosions upon high-speed impact from the rear. Geo

Geo- I'm not sure if you meant this in humor but... I have one of these trunk organizers in my Crown Vic- it was on the car when I bought it. It is just a big piece of plastic (like a child's wading pool). I can guarantee that in a high speed rear impact it would do nothing more than completely crumple up in the trunk and offer no protection against an explosion. :(

NYSP618
10-02-2002, 01:35 PM
Talked with my dealer about this, he had two on the lot with trunk organizers and I would like one so he is offering to see if one of the new owners would like to delete the organizer and he will sell it to me. Easier than getting one ordered.

Flash
10-22-2002, 09:49 AM
Stleath,

That Trunk organizer picture with the part #, is that one with two lids?

Thanks,

Cooper
10-22-2002, 07:04 PM
YES... To the best of my knowlege that photo with the part # is the same as the trunk organizer in my Crown Vic LX Sport and it has two lids. One lid is a bi-fold, the other is a tri-fold.

MM03
10-23-2002, 01:02 PM
Just got my trunk organizer today. It took a couple of tries from the ford dealer but the counter man did a little research.
The part # for the carpeted version with 2 lids, 1 bifold and 1 trifold to open under spare tire is 2W7Z-54115A00-AA list price $235.00.
The open version, no lids with golf bag acessory is #F8MZ54115A00AAA $146.86.

Geo
10-23-2002, 02:08 PM
IN THE SECOND PARAGRAPH BELOW IN THIS EXCERPT FROM AN NHTSA STATEMENT THIS MONTH IS WHERE I HAD JUSTIFIED THAT THE TRUNK ORGANIZER SHOULD BE MADE FREE (ALBEIT THE ONES IN THE CROWN VIC INTERCEPTOR MAY BE DIFFERENT AND MADE OF KEVLAR) AND SHOULD BE OF THE SAME QUALITY THAT OF THE POLICE CAR'S. HENCE, WHY SHOULD THE CIVILIAN CARS' ITEM BE LESS EFFECTIVE AND COST MORE WHERE THE POLICE CARS' IS BETTER AND IS FREE.

GEO

" In its summary Thursday, NHTSA said the Crown Victoria meets federal standards that require a vehicle to withstand a rear-end crash at 30 mph without leaking fuel. The agency noted the car did not leak fuel during a test at 50 mph conducted by Ford. NHTSA's decision comes less than a week after Ford agreed to pay for the installation of shields around the gas tanks on some 350,000 Crown Victoria police cars to reduce fire risk after a rear-end crash.

-The world's No. 2 automaker also will provide a special container to hold sharp objects in the trunk that could puncture the gas tank and set up a Web site for police communication about avoiding punctures and accidents.-

NHTSA said Ford's move could reduce the likelihood of fires in Crown Victoria police cars, but the fix was not a factor in its decision to close the investigation. "

RCSignals
10-23-2002, 10:44 PM
I'm not sure that special container they mention will be the same as the current trunk organiser.

Also, here is the part # for the Police trunk-organiser. It should be the one with the clear lids

1W7Z-54115A00-AA