PDA

View Full Version : Tires

Silver03MM
02-01-2006, 05:54 PM
What kind of tires are some of you running? I have stock ones on my Marauder and I want some tires that will last longer than 20k miles!

blackf0rk
02-01-2006, 07:12 PM
What kind of tires are some of you running? I have stock ones on my Marauder and I want some tires that will last longer than 20k miles!

Well quit standing on the brake and gas at the same time.... duuuhhh.. :cool:

:beer:

StevenJ
02-01-2006, 07:23 PM
You got your OEM tires to last you 20k miles? Wow, I only made it to 8k on my rear set! LOL!

MENINBLK
02-01-2006, 07:48 PM

If you pump up the rears to 38 psi, you'll get almost 30k out of them...

jabird56
02-01-2006, 08:26 PM
I'm running with BFGs KDW2s since 22K, I'm at 40K now. I love these tires over the OEM KDWSs. They handle great and stick to the road better than the KDWS. Some people on the thread don't like them, but I have not had any problems with them.

sweetair
02-01-2006, 09:53 PM
I allready have Nitto's 555 Extreme Perf 255/45's for the front and my new widened rims came today for the 555's 295/45's in the rear. They should be installed in about a month or so. No hurry, waiting for the cool weather to pass. I'll let you know how they are. I hear that I will not be disapointed.:burnout:

MarauderMarc
02-01-2006, 11:20 PM
Currently running KDW2s. Look better and handle great. Not for wet or snowy weather. I mean they are decent during a rain storm, but I wouldnt reccomend them if you lived in Oregon. Im upgrading to widend rims and Nittos here very soon.

ctrcbob
02-02-2006, 04:26 PM
I'm thinking of going with the tire that comes on the Chrysler 300C, which is a 225/60R18. Pirelli P6 I think. Checked in TireRacks Website, and I noted two things of interest.
1. I can be put on an 8 inch rim. (our rims are 18x8)
2. Total revs per mile are 727 which is very close to our stock 245/55R18.
Also lots of brands that are in that size, but I think I like the P6 best. If it can take the power of a 300C, it can take whatever I can throw at it.

The only question I have is: With this tire on all four corners, will it screw up my ABS? My 03 does not have TC, so I don't worry about that.

QWK SVT
02-02-2006, 05:10 PM
I'm thinking of going with the tire that comes on the Chrysler 300C, which is a 225/60R18. Pirelli P6 I think. Checked in TireRacks Website, and I noted two things of interest.
1. I can be put on an 8 inch rim. (our rims are 18x8)
2. Total revs per mile are 727 which is very close to our stock 245/55R18.
Also lots of brands that are in that size, but I think I like the P6 best. If it can take the power of a 300C, it can take whatever I can throw at it.

The only question I have is: With this tire on all four corners, will it screw up my ABS? My 03 does not have TC, so I don't worry about that.

Have you driven in a 300C? The stock tires a quite sloppy. They don't really 'take' the power of the 300C, so much as try to 'cope' with it. I'm quite sure you will lose handling and probably straight line ability, if you were to go to this tire.

ctrcbob
02-02-2006, 05:43 PM
No, I have not driven a 300C. Much too ugly :puke: and would not want to be seen in one. :baaa:

I tend to drive my MM easy, in that I very seldom "tromp" on it, and have never tried to lay down a patch. I do like to go around corners faster than what most people would want to go.

I worry more about what will happen with four tires all the same size, with the ABS.

I doubt that DC would put lousy handling tires (P6's) on their muscle car. Perhaps the 300C that you drove did not have enough air in the tires. Dealers don't check the tires for air when you go out for a test drive.

1KFTLBS
02-03-2006, 02:09 AM
You can put a P6 or whatever other tire on your car but like QWK SVT said you will definately suffer if you put a 225 on it. I am gonna go with a 255 on mine soon IMO...

No, I have not driven a 300C. Much too ugly :puke: and would not want to be seen in one. :baaa:

I tend to drive my MM easy, in that I very seldom "tromp" on it, and have never tried to lay down a patch. I do like to go around corners faster than what most people would want to go.

I worry more about what will happen with four tires all the same size, with the ABS.

I doubt that DC would put lousy handling tires (P6's) on their muscle car. Perhaps the 300C that you drove did not have enough air in the tires. Dealers don't check the tires for air when you go out for a test drive.

Marauderjack
02-03-2006, 04:30 AM
Nitto NT-555's are MUCH smoother than the BFG's ever thought of being and the rears hook much better than the OEM'd did!!

My steering wheel had a harmonic type shimmy at 70-75 MPH that went away or at least got better at higher speeds!!!:mad2: :argue: Could not balance it out of all THREE sets of fronts I ran......The Nittos are as smooth as silk at any speed!!:beer:

I just wish someone made a tire with the exact OEM dimentions as the BFG's.....What was Ford thinking???:confused: :mad:

I'm putting same size all around on Monday...Stay tuned for TC/ABS update then!!:bows:

Marauderjack:rolleyes:

miamisilvermm
02-03-2006, 04:37 AM
I ran the original set 30,000 miles, which my mechanic had never seen before. I could not get KDW2s, so I replaced with the OEM's.

SID210SA
02-03-2006, 07:22 AM
I have the original oem tires all around...22K now on the clock and I still have plenty of tread life left...no wear issues with the front or rears. The tires are only checked every 5K or if they look low...I have a plug in the front pass side from a nail...other than that...smooth as can be... :cool: