PDA

View Full Version : got my SCT Ecalibrator SF!!

sabtaj1
02-02-2006, 04:38 PM
I just got my excalibrator 2 sf from lonnie at blue oval. I cant believe the difference. Its like night and day. I highly recomend it. I am installing my 4.10 gears next week. I cant wait. I have heard many good things. I just got my marauder about 3 weeks ago. You guys are a great help for decideing what to do to my new ride. Still cant decide on mufflers though. Thanks again Jason

merc6
02-02-2006, 04:43 PM
Find someone with them and ride inside ;) Level of drone may be more of a opinion than an actual db level.

sabtaj1
02-02-2006, 05:00 PM
I have a 99 p-71 with an off-road h-pipe and 2 chamber flows. and I really thought it sounded good but the dohc is alot louder than the sohc. So I am not really sure. and there arent many marauders in my area. would like to get the kooks but dont wanna spend that much money. Any ideas on what else I can do. I found a place that sells the eibach pro-kit for $133 shipped. So I am gonna order those in the next couple days.

GEEMAN
02-02-2006, 06:28 PM
Merc6,
Are Those Black Police Rims On Your Marauder? I Like Them...what Size Are They And Where Did You Get Them....

Rider90
02-02-2006, 06:36 PM
Merc6,
Are Those Black Police Rims On Your Marauder? I Like Them...what Size Are They And Where Did You Get Them....
You can get them from either "The Dealer" (Ray) or your local FoMoCo dealer, but Ray will probably be cheaper. He got me mine at an excellent deal. 16"

StevenJ
02-02-2006, 06:49 PM
I just got my excalibrator 2 sf from lonnie at blue oval. I cant believe the difference. Its like night and day. I highly recomend it. I am installing my 4.10 gears next week. I cant wait. I have heard many good things. I just got my marauder about 3 weeks ago. You guys are a great help for decideing what to do to my new ride. Still cant decide on mufflers though. Thanks again Jason

That guy tunes Marauders? I thought he only touched regular Vics and GMs. I was going to buy a chip from him if I decided to go with an LX Sport. Well, good to know but I'm happy with Lidio's tune.

sabtaj1
02-02-2006, 07:35 PM
Yes, lonnie used to do alot of stuff for rienhart. He is great to work with. Highly recomended. SF comes with a bunch of stuff already loaded and has end user adjustabilty. It just came out. You can adjust alot of stuff inside the car instead of on the computer. its awsome.

Todd
02-03-2006, 04:40 AM
That guy tunes Marauders? I thought he only touched regular Vics and GMs. I was going to buy a chip from him if I decided to go with an LX Sport. Well, good to know but I'm happy with Lidio's tune.

The SF contains basic tunes for a number of different cars... So it was a basic tune from SCT.

It can however be loaded with custom tunes as well but from what SCT told me when I called to ask that specific question, you would start with a Xcal2 if you we going custom from the start.

He said they both have the same adjustability. Depending on what the tuner has unlocked for you in your custom tune.... They can lock it down all the way, part of the way, or leave it wide open....

ckadiddle
02-03-2006, 02:43 PM
Find someone with them and ride inside ;) Level of drone may be more of a opinion than an actual db level.
What he said. I find my skull resonates at different frequencies on differnet days depending on how congested or headachey I am that day. Today was a BAD day.

sabtaj1
02-03-2006, 03:26 PM
my exhaust is totally stock. I love the flowmaster sound but I dont want it to be too loud. I dont wanna fork out the 1500 for the kooks even though it is very nice. Any suggestions on modifying my exhaust? any help would be great. thank you