PDA

View Full Version : Question for Lidio, re: wheel/tire size adjustment and SCT9100

Fourth Horseman
02-03-2006, 09:45 AM
Hey Lidio,

I'm planning on some new wheels and tires for my '03 Marauder this spring and I'd like your recommendation on the best way to adjust for the new overall wheel/tire size. I have an SCT9100 tuner with your pre-made tune on it. In order to have the speedometer and odometer read correctly, could I just get the overall size of the rear wheel and tire and send that to you with my 9100 for a modification to my tune? Would you need the measurement in inches of the rear wheel/tire radius, or should I find out the revolutions per mile?

Or do you think it'd be worth my time to just retire my old SCT 9100 and buy a new XCal2 so that I can make these adjustments myself?

Recommendations appreciated. Thanks!

Zack
02-03-2006, 10:57 AM
I have a revs per mile program for microsoft excel, as im sure Lidio does as well. Just plug in the tire size ans hit enter and it spits out the number.

Fourth Horseman
02-03-2006, 11:14 AM
I have a revs per mile program for microsoft excel, as im sure Lidio does as well. Just plug in the tire size ans hit enter and it spits out the number.

Is that something that is public domain? If so, could I pester you for a copy of it?

Rider90
02-03-2006, 11:16 AM
I found a revs per mile calculator online somewhere...use Google...

Smokie
02-03-2006, 11:18 AM
Try this: http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/tirecalc.html