PDA

View Full Version : Idler pulley sizes?

TooManyFords
02-06-2006, 01:17 PM
Greg, (anyone)

What size of Idle Pulleys do we have on our cars? I'm in the home stretch and see that Metco has some replacements but I need to know sizes of the different idlers etc.. 90mm? 100mm?

Cheers!

john

MarauderTJA
02-07-2006, 06:42 AM
Greg, (anyone)

What size of Idle Pulleys do we have on our cars? I'm in the home stretch and see that Metco has some replacements but I need to know sizes of the different idlers etc.. 90mm? 100mm?

Cheers!

john

SORRY. After posting I saw that you were talking about idle pulleys.

[Don't know what the size are in mm John. But I have a 3.60 pulley on my car good for 12 lbs of boost with a standard crank pulley for the P1SC. WIth a larger crank pulley the 3.60 with a D1SC it will make around 16 lbs of boost. The maximum you would want to go with 93 octane from what I am told.

With my forged motor build I am going to an 8 rib system. The 3.60 is available from Procharger in an 8 rib design. The rest of the pulleys come from an F-150 4.6 motor. At reasonable cost too.]

TOM

TOM

TooManyFords
02-07-2006, 07:31 AM
No problem Tom. lol

I looked at March and they don't have anything that looks attractive. I sure wish there was a complete set of replacement pulley wheels with some bling to them, either chrome or polished aluminum.

Ah well... I suppose with the new blower being put together they probably won't even notice the rest.

Grin!

Cheers!

John

FordNut
02-07-2006, 08:09 AM
No problem Tom. lol

I looked at March and they don't have anything that looks attractive. I sure wish there was a complete set of replacement pulley wheels with some bling to them, either chrome or polished aluminum.

Ah well... I suppose with the new blower being put together they probably won't even notice the rest.

Grin!

Cheers!

John

Not sure where he's at, but look around at modularfords or modularpowerhouse for GIJoe. He may have a kit. Also look at modulardepot, there is a very informative thread on there about 8-rib conversion.

I converted to 8-rib but they're Ford pulleys (except the crank pulley) and I don't know the sizes. My crank pulley is from Romak.

Belt sizes are a real pain for an 8-rib system. There are very big gaps in sizes available. From what I have seen, converting the front cover to the older 3-bolt tensioner puts the needed belt size in a range where there is some selection. I didn't do that and am using a 110" belt. Really need a 108 but the next size down is a 106.5 which won't fit. I had to make an extra idler and add shims to the p.s. pump and a.c. compressor just to make the 110" work with my 3.90" blower pulley.

mad1stgen
02-13-2006, 08:06 PM
check these guys out http://wazeepulleys.com/9904parts/9904parts.htm

TooManyFords
02-14-2006, 06:53 AM
Nice catch Mad1!

They are on the list for today's calls. I like the PS pulley and this is the first one I've seen listed. If anyone else can find a fabricator, please post up!

Thanks

john