PDA

View Full Version : Wilwood Brakes...

Marauder2005
02-06-2006, 07:08 PM
Hello folks, just had some opinion questions that have prob.

been answerd a million times:) I wanted to upgrade my brakes

on the ol' Marauder. I liked the 13.1 kit that TCE offers, it looks

real nice. For those of you that have them, is the braking much

better then stock?

My Marauder does see some winter driving, not so much when its snowing

but, I do put on 16' Police wheels on just in case. Will this cause a problem?

Thanks guys for answering my ranting :o

Rider90
02-06-2006, 07:10 PM
I think the 16" will be a problem. You can, of course, just flip the steelies around ;)

Todd TCE
02-10-2006, 05:41 PM
Given the fit of the fixed mount, six pot caliper barely clear the stock 18s and requires a small 2mm spacer...I'd say the steel wheels are out. Both for clearance and for diameter.

DEFYANT
02-10-2006, 07:19 PM
Just get some cheepo 05/06 Mustang take offs. Would that work?

Todd TCE
02-11-2006, 08:56 AM
Just get some cheepo 05/06 Mustang take offs. Would that work?

Depends on the wheel:
http://www.tceperformanceproducts.com/wheel_fit.html

Joe Walsh
02-11-2006, 09:16 AM
Hi Todd! Nice link to your website. I like that you are listing the 13" REAR brake kit.
I'm planning on a built rearend that will include new axle tube ends with 9" bearings that 'capture' the axles and replace the need for the C clips.
I'll be calling you (as soon as I have the rear all figured out) to order a rear brake kit to match the front kit I bought last year.

P.S. I've given up on the search for aftermarket wheels...those ROH Drift 'R' rims that you test fit for me way back when are NOT offered in gloss black:mad:
No one has what I'm looking for, and in the mean time the OEM wheels have really 'grown' on me. I'm going to widen the rear rims and be done with it.

Todd TCE
02-11-2006, 10:30 AM
Understand Joe that changing the rear end as you plan will negate the use of this rear kit. I'm not saying something could not be made to work but the current pacakge replaces the stock caliper support cast plate with a modified part for anchoring the four pot caliper. I have no clue if your change will offer this same mount...but I doubt it.