PDA

View Full Version : SCT Tune and Dyno

SID210SA
02-15-2006, 08:41 AM
I am strongly concidering getting an SCT tune from a shop here in San Antonio, they said that they had worked on a Marauder from College Station. If its any one here can you tell me your experience with them...It used to be called Texas Jam racing and is now called Murillo Motor Sports...I know that they have been aroud for a while, and really seem like a great bunch of guys. Just looking for some input...Thanks, Mike:coolman:

Todd
02-15-2006, 08:58 AM
I am strongly concidering getting an SCT tune from a shop here in San Antonio, they said that they had worked on a Marauder from College Station. If its any one here can you tell me your experience with them...It used to be called Texas Jam racing and is now called Murillo Motor Sports...I know that they have been aroud for a while, and really seem like a great bunch of guys. Just looking for some input...Thanks, Mike:coolman:

I am pretty sure they are the ones who tuned the first ProTurboKits Marauder...... But I am not 100% sure on that.

They are a good, reputable shop. If I was out that way, I have heard nothing that would steer me clear of them. I say it's worth a shot.

jawz101
02-15-2006, 11:54 AM
One thing I would consider is that Reinhart and Lidio do have a few tricks up their sleeves on our Marauders as things they know are Marauders can have adjusted that other cars may not. I had asked Dennis once if I could use the Datalogging SCT software while on a dyno and have him remote into the laptop to diagnose remotely and he said he could do that. He might charge a little extra on the custom tune but I think it would be worth it to get a specialty service.
It might be a hassle since you'd have to find a dyno shop w/ internet capabilities though.

Otherwise they could always take a crack at it.

Blackened300a
02-16-2006, 05:21 AM
Generally, the tuner has a history with a certain vehicle and knows how to set them up correctly, My tuner has been mostly a Ford Lightning guy for Years and he has done quite a few Marauders and Cobras
Hes mostly used to S/Ced engines and how to set them up so a N/A engine is a bit out of the Norm for him However, Being that Lightnings only have a Automatic, He can set my T/C lock-up and shift patterns better because of his experience.
I couldnt be happier with my tune.