PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland EAM June 9-11, 2006 - Marauders meet the Widowmaker

CRUZTAKER
02-19-2006, 05:27 PM
I am teetering a fence here in regards to having another (3) meet here in Cleveland.

I am wondering who might be interested. Other than the handfull of regulars that have expressed their interest again.

IT'S A GO.

I want to let everone know that the REPAVING of I-77 just south of me and between the hotel exit is underway as we speak. Hopefully the southbound lanes will be done in the next two nights. North bound is still scaped and rough.

I recommend everyone that doesn't enjoy this type of road surface to stay on RT.21 Brecksville road and take the extra 10 minutes to my place that way.

Stay on 21 North through Brecksville town square. One mile past that you will see a Marathon, and at the next light, Wallings Rd. It's left (west) only. Take that West up the hill, over the highway, and to my place.

You will be long term parking FRI-SAT ONLY in my neighbors lot across the street. His drive will be marked with a blue TECH sign like you see at the drag strips. IT IS IMPERITIVE that you ONLY PARK IN THE GRAVEL portion of his lot. The black top is only a week old and he has made it clear that he wants NO ONE to park on it.
He normally has a gate blocking both his drives to stop folks from doing u-turns in his lot. He will leave the gates up for us 24/7 on Friday and Saturday.

If you miss his drive on the left, or mine on the right. Contintinue WEST on Wallings 200 feet to the blinking stop light. The road on the right is SKYLINE AVE. I have a reserve lot for 4 cars up there at the west end of my lot.

WED -THUR and any other time for washing, dropping things off, tuning, or those with disabilities, pull into my lower Wallings Rd. drive. Be sure to get turned around as soon as you arrive to ease getting back out onto our busy roadway.

For the time being...NO BURNOUTS ON WALLINGS ROAD. It has come to my attention that someone from the city was concerned with the billowing smoke stopping traffic last year.:shake:

That's all for now...I'm psyched!!!

I must reiterate...PARK ONLY ON/IN the gravel TECH area across from my house.

Thanks.;)

Bluerauder
02-19-2006, 05:44 PM
The big change this year will be the date. We always did the week before Labor day, May 19-20 or so. ...... Therefore the date will be pushed to the weekend AFTER Labor Day so that I may be gifted by their attendance.

Interest?
You mean Memorial Day right??? Labor Day is in September. Depending on the exact dates ... this might be doable for me !! :D

MM03MOK
02-19-2006, 06:42 PM
The weekend after Labor Day is fine. The weekend after Memorial Day isn't.....I'll be in NYC. :(

mpearce
02-19-2006, 07:13 PM
Our schedules are all over the place this year. We don't even know if we'll be in Cleveland around that time...but if we are...we'll be there.

-Mat

merc
02-19-2006, 07:15 PM
I think I missed the first two, but I will try to make this one. :banana2:

Zack
02-19-2006, 08:46 PM
Just tell me where and when to send the money to get this rolling!

CRUZTAKER
02-19-2006, 09:16 PM
I messed up the holiday....duh...it's Memorial Day I meant to say.

I guess it's poll time again.

The choices will be June 1-3 and June 8-10.

Are there other events happening around the country at this time?

I think I missed the first two, but I will try to make this one. :banana2:
I...we...hope so. I haven't seen you two in nearly two years.

Big Joe P
02-19-2006, 09:55 PM
Either 6/1 2 3 or 6/8 9 10 will be great for me and the new misses....

MM03MOK
02-19-2006, 10:05 PM
Either 6/1 2 3 or 6/8 9 10 will be great for me and the new misses....Now I know who's getting married!!!! :congrats: Joe and Kim!!!!!

I vote for June 8-10. Who needs to work anyway!

DEFYANT
02-19-2006, 10:06 PM
I am always up for a road trip.. Barry, is this the get together at your place?

Bigdogjim
02-19-2006, 11:35 PM
I am always up for a road trip.. Barry, is this the get together at your place?

Yes it is I missed last year because of Doctors orders:nono:

One of the best meets I have attended. Ever!

SergntMac
02-20-2006, 05:11 AM
I'm in...June dates are fine too. Name it!

Bluerauder
02-20-2006, 05:32 AM
The choices will be June 1-3 and June 8-10.
Either set of dates is good for me. The calendar is clear.

Daily 03
02-20-2006, 09:50 AM
Barry,
Nellie and I probably would not be able to make all 3 days of either week end but we can make 1 or 2 days of either one. Keep us posted. Also if there is anything that we could help with or bring let us know.
Dale

Bigdogjim
02-20-2006, 12:24 PM
Either set of dates is good for me. The calendar is clear.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
You mean to say that your Marauder will be dug out of the snow by then?

KillJoy
02-20-2006, 12:29 PM
I could quite possibly make this as well! Maybe even the misses...

Not sure about an overnight stay, but one day or so should be fine!

KillJoy

CRUZTAKER
02-20-2006, 06:42 PM
OK.

June (8) 9-10 (11) will be it.

We will likely do the same things we always have done in the past.

Saturday the 10th will be the day to hang out all day, drink, eat, swim, and socialize.

There is plenty of time to plan some fun for Friday the 9th for those making an event out of it.

I'll start a new thread here in a few days that will draw further attention and show that this is a done deal.

MarauderMark
02-20-2006, 06:49 PM
After screwing up the last 2 i may be :banned:.:dunno::D

MM03MOK
02-20-2006, 07:05 PM
OK.

Thank you, Dear!!!!!!!

Hack Goby
02-21-2006, 05:20 PM
Im in for sure,The first two were awsome so Im not going to miss this one.Not sure how many days.but I will be there.:banana:

Haggis
02-22-2006, 06:24 AM
We're there Barry and hanging out eatting and drinking is fine. :beatnik:

Time to order the haggis and scotch. :D

KillJoy
02-22-2006, 06:53 AM
Well, I am new here. What all is done? A giant hang-out party???

KillJoy

pantheroc
02-22-2006, 08:03 PM
Well, I am new here. What all is done? A giant hang-out party???

KillJoy

It is a great time to meet fellow MM'ers, cruise around town, drag race together, food, drink and most of all comaradery (sp?). I met up for the first time late Saturday in 2005 with the group at Barry's last year, wish I made it earlier. You shouldn't miss out being there.

Here's links on what it's been about in the past:
Check out EAMII:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10235

EAMIII:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16162

JUST 1BULLITT
02-23-2006, 06:24 PM
Sounds Good! As a NEW Newbie just let us know Exactly When & Where and I'll do my best to make it - HOPEFULLY w/ my newly acquired MM!...I'll keep you all posted-for now the Quest is on!

mpearce
02-23-2006, 10:53 PM
Sounds Good! As a NEW Newbie just let us know Exactly When & Where and I'll do my best to make it - HOPEFULLY w/ my newly acquired MM!...I'll keep you all posted-for now the Quest is on!

1st post...where are you from? In the Cleveland area?

-Mat

Ken
02-25-2006, 10:26 AM
Great! Looking forward to it!

JUST 1BULLITT
03-02-2006, 05:51 PM
1st post...where are you from? In the Cleveland area?

-Mat
Hey Mat,
i'm actually in the Kansas City Area, but I've moved alot - used to live in Columbus, OH and Indianapolis - have Friends in each area still and besides, "have MARAUDER WILL travel!" (i'll look forward to ANY excuse to drive it to a Meet w/ fellow enthusiasts! I'll stand by and watch the action as it sets up and hopefully make it!) I see there's one setting up the Last weekend in march in KY...I may TRY to make that one as well. Be great to meet some of you all!

John

mpearce
03-02-2006, 05:58 PM
Hey Mat,
i'm actually in the Kansas City Area, but I've moved alot - used to live in Columbus, OH and Indianapolis - have Friends in each area still and besides, "have MARAUDER WILL travel!" (i'll look forward to ANY excuse to drive it to a Meet w/ fellow enthusiasts! I'll stand by and watch the action as it sets up and hopefully make it!) I see there's one setting up the Last weekend in march in KY...I may TRY to make that one as well. Be great to meet some of you all!

John

Good to hear it! I hope you can make the KY meet. It looks like it's going to be a good one. It's a bit too early in the season for me though, I won't be at that one. Barry's meets in Cleveland have always been top notch. Lots to do, lots of good eating, hospitality, drag racing, convoys, downtown jaunts...it's really fun. Hope you can make it.

-Mat

bigslim
03-09-2006, 03:52 PM
With MVIV being so late in the year I think I may make this one. Put me down for one spot Barry.

Rider90
03-09-2006, 04:43 PM
I'll aim for it but won't know until a day or two before-hand. Sounds like a good time.

JUST 1BULLITT
03-09-2006, 06:32 PM
Good to hear it! I hope you can make the KY meet. It looks like it's going to be a good one. It's a bit too early in the season for me though, I won't be at that one. Barry's meets in Cleveland have always been top notch. Lots to do, lots of good eating, hospitality, drag racing, convoys, downtown jaunts...it's really fun. Hope you can make it.

-Mat
THANKS again mat! (and others too!) I'll do my best to make Barry's AND the KY one too! I'll have to get the time off, but it will be worth it. (beats hell out of golf as a hobby! LOL!)

MI2QWK4U
03-11-2006, 01:44 PM
With MVIV being so late in the year I think I may make this one. Put me down for one spot Barry.

Thats a good point Darryl, I think that I will head down with you. Any other MCMs?

MM03MOK
03-11-2006, 02:06 PM
Hampton Inn "Best Available Rate" is $109; AAA rate is $103, all through the HI website.

Quality Inn rack rates $90 and up; AAA $80 and up. We opted not to stay here last year because of renovations.

We were very comfortable at the Hampton Inn last year.

MikesMerc
03-11-2006, 02:30 PM
Thats a good point Darryl, I think that I will head down with you. Any other MCMs?

Its not too far a drive either! Sounds do-able. I'll check with my social coordinator (wife).

chapel1
04-04-2006, 06:21 PM
Now that I found it ,It's time to start this thread rolling again.:beer: :beer:

MM03MOK
04-04-2006, 06:26 PM
Hey Bear! Time to check in with our hotel, eh? :D

SergntMac
04-04-2006, 06:29 PM
Now that I found it ,It's time to start this thread rolling again. Oh, it's ON, Gary, it's ON. Just talking it over with Zack tonight, and we agreed that you and Gail would come. You're hooked now...

alarmguy
04-04-2006, 06:40 PM
GARY! If you're coming, I'll have to show up. Great to meet you and Gail in KY, I hope I have time to get my new brakes installed so I can show them off.

MM03MOK
04-04-2006, 06:42 PM
OK, I put a sticky on the thread. I'm planning to come early and make this a longer-than-usual visit to help out. This will be the highlight of the summer!!

bigslim
04-04-2006, 06:57 PM
With me going to St. Louis the end of June and Florida in November (MVIV) I will have to pull out of this event. Have fun everyone.

mpearce
04-04-2006, 08:41 PM
Can't wait to have another local meet, and I can't believe we're already into April?? This year is flying by. Just a few weeks away from the Cleveland meet...time to start making plans. Every Cleveland meet I have been to has been awesome. If you're on the fence on this one...just come. It's a great time.

-Mat

chapel1
04-05-2006, 03:25 PM
Yes Sir.
Were going,Kentucky was a lot of fun.And this sounds like it's going to be the same.Good people sharing thier time and interests together.:coolman:

O's Fan Rich
04-05-2006, 03:30 PM
Michelle and I wish we could be there, but it's just not possible.
Somone needs to have an extra good time to make up for us, any volunteers?
Pics will be required as proof!!

KillJoy
04-05-2006, 03:36 PM
We WILL be attending. All 2.5 of us! Sounds like it is gonna be a LOT of fun!

KillJoy

PS - And no pictures....... that's evidence!

MI2QWK4U
04-05-2006, 04:31 PM
Will there be a trip to the strip again?

Haggis
04-06-2006, 05:20 AM
Yes Sir.
Were going,Kentucky was a lot of fun.And this sounds like it's going to be the same.Good people sharing thier time and interests together.:coolman:
Glad to hear it Gary it will be good to see you and the misses again.

Michelle and I wish we could be there, but it's just not possible.
Somone needs to have an extra good time to make up for us, any volunteers?
Pics will be required as proof!!
Too bad Rich you will be missing one hell of a good time.

SergntMac
04-08-2006, 07:08 AM
Hey...Is this someplace we want to go? Is it in the area?

http://www.cantonclassiccar.org/

Just a thought...

SergntMac
04-08-2006, 07:13 AM
Or this? They got a Marauder too!

http://www.mapsairmuseum.org/

merc
04-08-2006, 07:40 AM
Barry don't shoot me, but it looks like I am out for the count again. :alone:

MM03MOK
04-08-2006, 07:43 AM
Barry don't shoot me, but it looks like I am out for the count again. :alone:Mark...Mark....Mark.... Mark....what are we going to do with you!! :(

merc
04-08-2006, 07:50 AM
Mark...Mark....Mark....Mark... .what are we going to do with you!! :(

It's not me this time; honestly, it's Pam's works schedule. She was asked to assist with the firms building move during that time frame.

MM03MOK
04-08-2006, 08:09 AM
Hey...Is this someplace we want to go? Is it in the area?

http://www.cantonclassiccar.org/

Just a thought...

Or this? They got a Marauder too!

http://www.mapsairmuseum.org/

Dang! Tough call! It's not often we come across an Air Museum. Fits in nicely with our interest in transportation, especially with a B-26!!!

Haggis
04-08-2006, 01:51 PM
Dang! Tough call! It's not often we come across an Air Museum. Fits in nicely with our interest in transportation, especially with a B-26!!!
My car aught to fit in nicely. :coolman:

CRUZTAKER
04-08-2006, 06:05 PM
Allow me to let everyone know that I have not completely dropped the ball.

I have was granted the opportunity to NOT be on the road since November. I have utilized every moment to play catch up on all the things that were shelved in 2004-2005. I updated my barn, completely remodeled one bathroom, and restored our basement.

Next week we leave on a 10 day cruise and complete what was a wonderfull stint at home. I am back on the road shortly...but likely in Ohio for awhile.

COME ON PHILIPS...HIRE ME!!!!

Anyway,

As soon as I return from the cruise, I will put 100% effort into to planning of EAM-IV here in C-town. Saturday is easy...it's finding something of interest thursday and friday that is important.

I have an idea of perhaps trying to arrange touring one of our local micro-breweries in conjunction with some downtown things we have not done before.

I could care less if we make a track setting, but that is easily arranged even last minute.

Music is big here, so I will be looking into the numerous small venues we have around here. Nothing like seeing the Marylin Manson or Nine Inch Nails last minute in a small forum.

We'll work it out....I promise.;)

MM03MOK
04-14-2006, 09:21 AM
I FOUND CHOCOLATE!!!

London Candies
Factory Tour
www.londoncandies.com (http://www.howstuffworks.com/framed.htm?parent=cp-oh.htm&url=http://www.londoncandies.com)
5353 Lauby Road
North Canton, OH
(800) 321-0444
Take a tour of this 200,000 square foot chocolate factory and learn about
cocoa beans and how a wide array of confections are created.

Located next to Akron Aiport, this huge factory is where Ohio gets most of
its sweets. Visitors enjoy seeing how they churn out over 80,000 pounds of
delicious liquid chocolate and other goodies. Sights on the 45-minute tour
include the butterscotch and caramel kitchen, the wedding and party room
and the amazing tank room, where they mix all that chocolate. Don't skip out
early -- at the end of the tour, everyone is rewarded with a taste of the
goods.
<TABLE class=s_dat cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=439 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=s_tit colSpan=9>Hour: Open 9:00-16:00 Mon-Sat</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=s_mgn></TD><TD class=s_dat></TD></TR><TR><TD class=s_mgn></TD><TD class=s_dat></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>http://www.mapsairmuseum.org/ (http://www.mapsairmuseum.org/)
MAPS AIR MUSEUM • 2260 International Parkway • North Canton, Ohio 44720 • (330) 896-6332

Total Est. Time From Broadview Hts.: 49 minutes Total Est. Distance: 41.62 miles

MY VOTE~!! PLANES AND CHOCOLATE!!!!!

KillJoy
04-14-2006, 09:38 AM
Hmmmm.....Chocolate and Beers..... could be fun :D

KillJoy

Hack Goby
04-22-2006, 07:08 AM
OK.

We will likely do the same things we always have done in the past.

Saturday the 10th will be the day to hang out all day, drink, eat, swim, and socialize.

There is plenty of time to plan some fun for Friday the 9th for those making an event out of it.

I'll start a new thread here in a few days that will draw further attention and show that this is a done deal.
Ain`t this a b!tch.Im still coming but I just found out that Rascall Flatts with be at the Palace on the 9th.Oh well with the price of tickets these days Cleveland and my Marauder family sounds a lot better.

KillJoy
04-22-2006, 01:27 PM
RF = good band...good sound...good music. Tough concert to pass up, but it'll be worth it!

KillJoy

SergntMac
04-22-2006, 02:10 PM
I think Paul knows which event will be a memory lasting longer...

Big Joe P
04-28-2006, 07:51 AM
I'm up for drag racing Friday night....

TooManyFords
04-28-2006, 08:57 AM
Should I be getting a hotel reservation soon?

I'm planning on bringing the new ride!

john

KillJoy
04-28-2006, 09:29 AM
I think Paul knows which event will be a memory lasting longer...

This is true.:P

KillJoy

Zack
04-28-2006, 10:24 AM
Everyone start sending donations now.
Barry, address please?

SergntMac
04-28-2006, 03:27 PM
Everyone start sending donations now.
Barry, address please? Y'all...I have the USPS mailing addy, e-me at SergntMac@aol.com but need to check my permission with Barry before I send it out to anyone.

Would be easier if Barry, or, Jessica opened a paypal...Just a thought, Barry.

MM03MOK
04-28-2006, 03:33 PM
Y'all...I have the USPS mailing addy, e-me at SergntMac@aol.com but need to check my permission with Barry before I send it out to anyone.

Would be easier if Barry, or, Jessica opened a paypal...Just a thought, Barry.That's a good idea. Effortless. Bear and Jess will check in after they come back down to earth from their cruise.

John - Barry will update us on the hotel once he's made contact and gets us a group rate, hopefully at our Hampton Inn.

CRUZTAKER
04-30-2006, 06:10 AM
We are back from a very long trip...and very nice as well.:cool:

My company has done the inevitable...I am back on the road full time again week to week. :censor:
This is going to make things very difficult to manage. What's more...I do not have a computer thanks to Best Buy ****g it up most recently. Therefore I have no way to keep up with things this week while in Detroit.:mad:

I'll call the hotel this morning. However, I am not sure if the manager will be in. We'll see, and I'll let you all know this afternoon.

The yard is a partial mess...I cleaned up quite a bit before the cruise. The pool isn't open yet, and we recently discovered that the heater core cracked over the winter. First estimate is $500 for a replacement core and labor.:shake:

Oh well....thank goodness the cruise was good to us...otherwise I'd be a bit more stressed at this point.

KillJoy
04-30-2006, 06:32 AM
Good to see you made it back! If you would like some help gettin things cleaned up, drop me a line. I could head up and help out a bit.

KillJoy

CRUZTAKER
05-06-2006, 10:25 AM
So sorry it took so long to post this.

Being on the road again has made planning things for a meet, little alone all the household responsibilities a little overwhelming. The stress factor is high lately. I have been without a computer for a week now as well. It still isn't back from repair. This also presents an issue, as I cannot check the site, nor my emails while on the road. Jessica is trying to keep me up to date.

What I can say however, is that I promise a great Saturday-Saturday night event. Everything else is hit or miss. I fully intend to TAKE ADVANTAGE OF MARY'S, AND A FEW OTHER FOLKS HELP WITH OTHER PLANNING. :P
Friday night is no problem to go dragging if we so wish.

http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/media/images/logos/brandLogo.gif
4860 Brecksville Rd. RT.21
Richfield, Ohio 44286
330-659-6662
Minesh Shah G.M.

A block of 10 rooms will be held at the group rate of $89.
Advise when making reservations that you are in the MERCURY MARAUDER group to recieve this rate.

MM03MOK
05-06-2006, 12:02 PM
Excellent Barry!! Thanks for squaring away the hotel.
I fully intend to TAKE ADVANTAGE OF MARY'S, AND A FEW OTHER FOLKS HELP WITH OTHER PLANNING. :P
Friday night is no problem to go dragging if we so wish.

Arriving midday on Wednesday, ready and able to perform all assigned duties! Kitchen, yard, shopping..... Anything I can do from afar in the meantime, just say the word!

Let the Countdown begin!! :woohoo:

Bigdogjim
05-06-2006, 02:07 PM
I'll aim for it but won't know until a day or two before-hand. Sounds like a good time.

Hope you can make it little buddy:laugh:

Bigdogjim
05-06-2006, 02:13 PM
I am NOT going to the doctors before this meet:)

That way I know I'll be there!!

mpearce
05-07-2006, 05:11 AM
Barry, I am getting royally hosed at work...long days...mandatory overtime, etc, etc. I have a set schedule, but things change all the time, same for Heather. I'm trying to get days swapped to make this meet...but it's not looking good. If things fall through for us, we might only be able to make saturday. If thats the case, Heather and I will make lots of food to bring like always.

It will be nice to see everyone again soon.

-Mat

Haggis
05-07-2006, 05:04 PM
Haggis & Ladyhawke; check
30yr Single Malt; check
Haggis; check
Marauder; check

CRUZTAKER
05-07-2006, 08:16 PM
.... Heather and I will make lots of food to bring like always.

-Mat

That's fine Matt. Saturday is a good day. :up:

Just a reminder to some of the other folks considering bringing food....we will have plenty of food. There is really no need to bring food.;)

TooManyFords
05-08-2006, 05:49 AM
Just a reminder to some of the other folks considering bringing food....we will have plenty of food. There is really no need to bring food.;)

WHEW! That's a relief. I don't think ANYONE would want to eat what I make!
:D

Cheers!

john

mpearce
05-08-2006, 06:39 AM
WHEW! That's a relief. I don't think ANYONE would want to eat what I make!

Cheers!

john

Maybe we can use your rear wheels to help flatten the burgers for Saturdays BBQ?

-Mat

MM03MOK
05-08-2006, 06:56 AM
http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/media/images/logos/brandLogo.gif
Richfield, Ohio 44286
330-659-6662
Minesh Shah G.M.

A block of 10 rooms will be held at the group rate of $89.

Advise when making reservations that you are in the MERCURY MARAUDER group to receive this rate.

With some quick calculations, we'll probably need more than 10 rooms. I'd suggest everyone please book this week so if Barry has to adjust the block, he can do so this weekend. We absolutely want to make sure we're all at the same hotel and this one is perfect.

As we get closer, we're going to need a pretty accurate headcount depending on our Friday activities for touring, and for food (lunch arrangements on Friday and beverage and meat/fish for Saturday.)

Daily 03
05-08-2006, 05:55 PM
Mary,
As it looks right now Nellie and I will only be there on Saturday.

Dale

Jessica
05-08-2006, 08:20 PM
Glad to hear so many people are planning on coming. Barry is in Detroit this week again, but I have a computer and am here if anyone needs anything.

Haggis
05-09-2006, 04:32 AM
The lady at the front desk was clueless as to a block of rooms being reserved for this year. I had her ask the manager about it and her answer was still nothing at this time, but as people call in the rooms will be held. DUH!! I still got the rate that Barry quoted $89/night.

She then asked me if this was the same group of people that was there last year. I told her it was and that some might be arriving on Wednesday. Well they know we're coming now. :party:

MM03MOK
05-09-2006, 07:02 AM
UPDATE:

I just talked to Dawn in Reservations at the hotel. She also could not find a block of rooms for us. Unless Barry got a confirmation number for the block, it doesn't exist. Bear/Jes - if you have a confirmation number for the block, let me know and I'll have one of the blocks dropped.

I asked Dawn to block 10 rooms for us, with the following confirmation number: 86837120 for any nights starting Thursday, June 8, checking out Sunday, June 11. Use this number to help them find the block, again under Mercury Marauder. This block count doesn't include my own reservation just made or the two they're already holding - so we have a total of 13 rooms right now to use.

SergntMac
05-09-2006, 07:37 AM
Ahhh...Reservations made, 89.00 per nite X 3. Arrive on the 8th, leave on the 11th. Remember folks, this hotel has a great indoor pool. Overall, it has been a very nice stay for us.

MM03MOK
05-09-2006, 07:39 AM
Ahhh...Reservations made, 89.00 per nite X 3. Arrive on the 8th, leave on the 11th. Remember folks, this hotel has a great indoor pool. Overall, it has been a very nice stay for us.No problems with the block, I take it? For those that missed out last year, yes, the laundry machines work now.

MERCMAN
05-09-2006, 07:54 AM
Ahhh...Reservations made, 89.00 per nite X 3. Arrive on the 8th, leave on the 11th. Remember folks, this hotel has a great indoor pool. Overall, it has been a very nice stay for us.

DITTO!!!

see youse guys on the toll road

Haggis
05-09-2006, 08:22 AM
DITTO!!!

see youse guys on the toll road
Ummm....your in trouble now Dan. Wait til Chris sees you said 'youse'. :nono:

MERCMAN
05-09-2006, 09:03 AM
Ummm....your in trouble now Dan. Wait til Chris sees you said 'youse'. :nono:

I ain't afraid no more, she is done wid Indiana

CRUZTAKER
05-09-2006, 07:00 PM
Y'all...I have the USPS mailing addy, e-me at SergntMac@aol.com but need to check my permission with Barry before I send it out to anyone.

Would be easier if Barry, or, Jessica opened a paypal...Just a thought, Barry.

Zack...thank you.

Mac...thank you as well.

Listen up everyone...

Donations will be gladly accepted.
BUT.
There is no need for paypal, nor checks being mailed.
I may be tight, but not poor. I can easily front all costs for the cookout and stuff. If you wish to contribute...and it is truley optional, please do so in person when you arrive.:D

It's that easy. ;)

I must reiterate...I greatly aplogize for not organizing more of an event this year. I tried to back out entirely, but some of you were going to show up regardless apparently...:P

We'll have fun regardless.

Can't wait. :woohoo:

Haggis
05-10-2006, 03:28 AM
Zack...thank you.

Mac...thank you as well.

Listen up everyone...

Donations will be gladly accepted.
BUT.
There is no need for paypal, nor checks being mailed.
I may be tight, but not poor. I can easily front all costs for the cookout and stuff. If you wish to contribute...and it is truley optional, please do so in person when you arrive.:D

It's that easy. ;)

I must reiterate...I greatly aplogize for not organizing more of an event this year. I tried to back out entirely, but some of you were going to show up regardless apparently...:P

We'll have fun regardless.

Can't wait. :woohoo:
We can't start the summer without a party at Barry's now, can we!! :2thumbs:

MM03MOK
05-10-2006, 06:08 AM
Make sure you speak out in this thread by Monday so plans can be made for Friday's adventure.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27083

I'm not sure we can beat a hail storm in a submarine, but we'll surely try!

MM03MOK
05-10-2006, 06:29 AM
As soon as you're firm on numbers, we need headcounts for the following:

Friday, June 9

Lunch
We'll need to find a place large enough to accommodate the group, so this is important.

# of Adults 21
# of Children (ages, please)

Saturday, June 10

Lunch/Dinner (not that we'll stop eating in between!)
# of Adults 32
# of Children (ages, please) 2.66

Any food or beverage restrictions? Please let us know.

I PLEASE ask that you email me your details and I'll keep a general count in this thread.
Marauder03@comcast.net

Sound like a plan?? :D

Haggis
05-10-2006, 07:00 AM

Friday, June 9

Lunch
We'll need to find a place large enough to accommodate the group, so this is important.

# of Adults

Saturday, June 10

# of Adults

I PLEASE ask that you email me your details and I'll keep a general count in this thread.
Marauder03@comcast.net

Put Chris and I down for all activities on Friday and Saturday.

Bigdogjim
05-10-2006, 08:47 AM
Make sure you speak out in this thread by Monday so plans can be made for Friday's adventure.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27083

I'm not sure we can beat a hail storm in a submarine, but we'll surely try!

I remember being blowned off the road by very high winds two years ago:(

So forgive me if I don't play can you top this:P

Haggis
05-10-2006, 09:08 AM
I remember being blowned off the road by very high winds two years ago:(

So forgive me if I do play can you top this:P
That was the same year as the sub.

CRUZTAKER
05-10-2006, 06:10 PM
ok...back on a public computer here....

My pc is fixed. I pick it up on Friday when I return home.

Jessica and I will find a place for us eat out on Friday.
Bear in mind, this may be a luncheon (late) as I expect we will go to the local track friday evening. That local track has just been COMPLETELY resurfaced, and recently reopened. We really should try to make this happen. It's all about the weather.

Saturday is no problem. I will shop to feed 30+.

Thursday count on hanging out at my place. We'll cook out old school. IE. hot dogs, burgers, and beer.

Talk at you all later....my time is up.

MM03MOK
05-11-2006, 05:24 AM
:bump: I'm keeping a tally in Post # 90. Please let me know via email so if we need to communicate directly, we can do so.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showpost.php?p=378352&postcount=90

:thanks:

Zack
05-11-2006, 05:59 AM
Becky and I will be at every event from Thursday thru Sunday

mpearce
05-11-2006, 08:21 PM
For whoever is planning Friday...

If you plan on drag racing Friday evening...plan on lunch close to Barry's.

Quaker Steak and Lube (Valley View) like last year?

Easy commute back and forth if required, and close to the highway, and host hotel.

We rolled up on Dragway 42 last year around 5, 5:30. It's about an hour give or take from Barry's.

Just a suggestion.

-Mat

Big Joe P
05-11-2006, 09:06 PM
Mac & Zack, what are your plans for this? Are you still leaving Thursday? What time, etc. What's going on Thursday besides Barry's lo-key BBQ? I'm going to book a room quick and have to figure out if we're coming Thu or Fri...

MM03MOK
05-12-2006, 05:06 AM
Mac & Zack, what are your plans for this? Are you still leaving Thursday? What time, etc. What's going on Thursday besides Barry's lo-key BBQ? I'm going to book a room quick and have to figure out if we're coming Thu or Fri...Thursday afternoon arrival will allow assistance on any last minute errands we can do for Bear and Jes. If all is done by then, we'll find some place to run off to. This will also give you a full day with us on Friday instead of arriving half way through the day. (See Friday's planning in this thread: http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27083 )

Come Thursday, Joe! Belated Happy Birthday to Kim!!

alarmguy
05-12-2006, 09:11 AM
I'll be there with the my family for Saturday's festivities.

MM03MOK
05-12-2006, 04:23 PM
Excellent! Keep 'em coming!!!

Friday, June 9

Lunch

# of Adults 13

Saturday, June 10

# of Adults 21
# of Children (ages, please) 1.66

Marauder03@comcast.net

Hack Goby
05-13-2006, 01:07 PM
Not looking good for me this year.Low cash flow and the Trilogy open house on Sat.But I will see what I can do.

SergntMac
05-13-2006, 02:41 PM
Mac & Zack, what are your plans for this? Are you still leaving Thursday? What time, etc. What's going on Thursday besides Barry's lo-key BBQ? I'm going to book a room quick and have to figure out if we're coming Thu or Fri... Not sure now if you got my e-mail, Joe, but our plan is the usual "stage" lane.

Anyone from around these parts that want to hook up with us for the drive to Barry's, be advised that Zack and I will be leaving the Blueberry Hill Pancake House, 2155 W. 183rd Street, Homewood, IL., Thursday, June 8th. Meet at 0600 for breakfast, leave at 0700. Anyone needing more details, e-me at SergntMac@aol.com, or call me at 312.401.1396. C'mon you "meet" talking Windy City guys, let's make a show of it?

Not looking good for me this year. Low cash flow and the Trilogy open house on Sat. But I will see what I can do. I hear ya, Paul, hope to see you again soon.

Y'all...This has been a premier event for three years running now, let's make the fourth a memorable time together too. Come, one come all, you won't be disappointed no matter what the minute to minute plans promise.

BTW, I've got the dash plaques covered, just waiting on a tag line, and my die date with the shop is 22 May. Let's hear some suggestions?

mpearce
05-13-2006, 05:34 PM
Upon further review, we will not be able to make any event of this meet.

-Mat

MM03MOK
05-13-2006, 07:31 PM
. .

Friday, June 9

Lunch

# of Adults 17

Saturday, June 10

# of Adults 26
# of Children (ages, please) 1.66

Marauder03@comcast.net

SergntMac
05-14-2006, 06:29 AM
Upon further review, we will not be able to make any event of this meet.-MatThat's a shame, but I know first hand how it goes. Work is a priority, and you have to get the job done before you play.

Bigdogjim
05-14-2006, 03:40 PM
That's a shame, but I know first hand how it goes. Work is a priority, and you have to get the job done before you play.

At least his doctor did not ground him:rolleyes:

MM03MOK
05-15-2006, 08:35 PM
Still looking for more folks to chime in on Friday's activities & Saturday's festivities: Big Joe P, Chapel1, MM2004, Ken, JUST 1BULLITT.

Where's RedMM, BigFoot, Blackhole, Chrish, darebren, Grasshopper, jbr927, Jeffs, Jolly Roger, Junehan, m-rush, NickLee, Rob1559, shoru, tshot, wolf. If you know any of these folks and they haven't checked in on the Board in a while, point them this way. We'll be right in your back yard!!

Marauder03@comcast.net (Marauder03@comcast.net)

mpearce
05-16-2006, 06:15 AM
That's a shame, but I know first hand how it goes. Work is a priority, and you have to get the job done before you play.

Unfortunately, the work schedule has us both (we work for the same company, same department) the whole while you are all here. No vacation allowed. OTOH...we both have a feeling our dream jobs are getting closer by the minute...

We might know something sooner, rather than later on this matter.

We have both been officially waiting for 3 years...and I started this whole thing into process 6 years ago.

I just have a feeling good news is just around the corner...

-Mat

MERCMAN
05-16-2006, 06:47 AM
Unfortunately, the work schedule has us both (we work for the same company, same department) the whole while you are all here. No vacation allowed. OTOH...we both have a feeling our dream jobs are getting closer by the minute...

We might know something sooner, rather than later on this matter.

We have both been officially waiting for 3 years...and I started this whole thing into process 6 years ago.

-Mat

Sorry to hear it M & H,, however drop by for a few just to sat hi if you can!! BTW, Bring your parents, I enjoyed meeting them last year :up:

mpearce
05-16-2006, 08:17 AM
Sorry to hear it M & H,, however drop by for a few just to sat hi if you can!! BTW, Bring your parents, I enjoyed meeting them last year :up:

Dan,

Unlike most folks, when we work, it's from 8am, until 10pm. 14 hour shifts. Once we're done, we go right home to bed. The parents will be in California most likely during that time, visiting my grandmother.

A very busy time is upon us...I can feel that a change is coming...

-Mat

SergntMac
05-16-2006, 04:46 PM

-Mat Best wishes for both of you.

MM2004
05-18-2006, 05:11 AM
Woo-Hoo!

Just found out that we (Sandy, Caitlin and myself) will be arriving in Cleveland Friday night shortly after dinner; maybe near 7:00PM.

I will be booking a room this morning.

BTW, Caitlin is 6.5 years old. How many other children will be at Barry's?

What is the head count/car count up to now?

Mike.

CRUZTAKER
05-20-2006, 06:02 AM
Ahhh...home for the weekend.

I haven't mowed in 9 days as a result of the constant daily rain. Grass is 8" or so...still wet...but the sun is out at the moment.

Last weekend we toiled in the rain both days getting the pool and deck open. The repair to the heater is due on the 23rd, therefore we had to get the pumps up last weekend. Good thing too...turns out the shaft on the pump rusted out and locked up the pump. :shake: Another $370 for a pool pump. The pool just isn't working with us this year.

The yard is looking good, considering all the rain. I must warn everyone not to mock the peeling paint. The barn has been in need of a good scraping and repaint. Afew places on the house as well. This year, I really need to clean up those eyesores.

Otherwise, so far so good. We have some time to get numbers of folks together. I won't shop until that week of the meet.

MM03MOK
05-20-2006, 06:18 AM
We're confirmed for 16 for Friday and 31 for Saturday to date.

A reminder that you should be getting the $89 rate at the hotel using the name Mercury Marauder - block confirmation # of 86837120. If they say there are no more rooms in the block, we can just expand the block. Three reservations were made before I blocked 10 rooms = 13 rooms. I don't know where we stand at this point. If you need help, let me know.

Hampton Inn
Richfield, Ohio 44286
330-659-6662
Minesh Shah G.M.

KillJoy
05-20-2006, 06:45 AM
Mary, is that Phone # for the Hotel right?

KillJoy

MM03MOK
05-20-2006, 06:58 AM
Mary, is that Phone # for the Hotel right?

KillJoyYes, direct number.

When I first called, my call went to voicemail. Try again if that happens.

From the website:
Hampton Inn Richfield, OH <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>4860 Brecksville Road, Richfield, Ohio, United States 44286
Tel: +1-330-659-6662 Fax: +1-330-659-9585

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Directions & Transportation
From I-80 -OH Turnpike- Take Exit 173 to Rte. 21 going south. The hotel is on your right.

From I-77 (North or South) Exit # 146 to Rt.21 south the hotel is on your right From I-77 North or South - Take Exit 46-OH Turnpike. Turn right on to Rte. 21 and the hotel is on your light.

Mike Poore
05-21-2006, 09:38 AM
Woo-Hoo!
BTW, Caitlin is 6.5 years old. How many other children will be at Barry's?
Mike.

Persons acting like 5 to 9 yr olds? There's always me Big Dog & Gordon.

Um, if you're wondering if this post means I plan to attend, driving the MM, that would be affirmative.

WHOOT:D

Oh, yeah, please sign me up for all activities. I'm still waiting to hear from some folks as to when we/they plan to arrive. I've suggested meeting at my camp at Snow Shoe on Thursday night, then making the short dash to Barry & Jess' on Friday Morning.

MM03MOK
05-22-2006, 03:48 AM
Great news Mike P! :lovies2: How about Ken? The Fat Bastid, you still out there? Plenty of Ohio members we haven't heard from!

Ken
05-22-2006, 04:51 AM
I'm in for Saturday and Friday afternoon. The museum is too early for me. I get home from work at 3:30 am. A 90 minute drive to Canton leaves me no time for sleep. So I'll join up with you probably for the Harry London tour, possibly with my girls. That's my plan for now. Good Choice, not having it this past weekend. It finally stopped raining Saturday morning after raining for ten days and ten nights. Lots of tall grass and standing water. But not as bad as the Northeast recieved.

Ken

Big Joe P
05-22-2006, 01:28 PM
Rock-n Roll the room is booked Thu & Fri night, we'll leave from Barry's sometime Saturday late afternoon/early evening... Looking forward to the drive out there Thursday morning.......

SergntMac
05-22-2006, 02:13 PM
Way to go, Big Joe and Kim!

CRUZTAKER
05-22-2006, 02:44 PM
I have an opening at my place if someone is tight for cash.

It was reserved for Steve and his wife, but they ended up getting a room.

My door is always open if someone is in need. :up:

KillJoy
05-22-2006, 03:51 PM
I have an opening at my place if someone is tight for cash.

It was reserved for Steve and his wife, but they ended up getting a room.

My door is always open if someone is in need. :up:

Yeah, decided to get a room. With the activities that MAY be occurring in the the Garage on Friday, we kinda felt that we would be overstepping our welcome a wee bit. The offer still backs my thought that this is one of the CLOSEST group of friends around!

KillJoy

MM03MOK
05-22-2006, 04:08 PM
Coming down the home stretch here. Most everyone has checked in. If your numbers change, especially for Friday, please let me know. This is going to be an awesome weekend!

Lunch
# of Adults 21
# of Children

Saturday, June 10

Lunch/Dinner
# of Adults 32
# of Children 2.66

SergntMac
05-22-2006, 04:08 PM
The offer still backs my thought that this is one of the CLOSTEST group of friends around! KillJoy Yep...We have a lot of fun. See what happens when there is no "King of the Mountain"?

MM03MOK
05-22-2006, 04:10 PM
The offer still backs my thought that this is one of the CLOSETEST group of friends around!

KillJoyThat's gotta be one mighty big CLOSET!!! Dare we come out?? :D

SergntMac
05-22-2006, 04:11 PM
Oh...BTW, "4th Eastern Regional Meet" dash plaques ordered today, black with gold letters. Tag line is a secret, come and get one...

KillJoy
05-22-2006, 04:11 PM
Yep...We have a lot of fun. See what happens when there is no "King of the Mountain"?

I would really like a KY Meet repeat. No one one-upping.....just good ole plain fun....on yeah....and BOURBON! :D

KillJoy

MM03MOK
05-22-2006, 04:13 PM
I would really like a KY Meet repeat. No one one-upping.....just good ole plain fun....on yeah....and BOURBON! :D

KillJoyIt will meet your every expectation! :cheer:

MM03MOK
05-22-2006, 04:14 PM
Oh...BTW, "4th Eastern Regional Meet" dash plaques ordered today, black with gold letters. Tag line is a secret, come and get one...:2thumbs: :2thumbs:

KillJoy
05-22-2006, 04:16 PM
That's gotta be one mighty big CLOSET!!! Dare we come out?? :D

Sorry.....got some BOURBON!!!!!!

KillJoy

SergntMac
05-22-2006, 04:21 PM

KillJoyNo problem, my friend. We didn't make it four-pete by beating on each other.

MM2004
05-22-2006, 04:32 PM

KillJoy

It will be. Wanna know why?........................

I'm gonna be there! :D

Mike.

Bigdogjim
05-22-2006, 06:37 PM

I'm gonna be there! :D Mike.

Well thanks for the heads up :laugh:

Haggis
05-23-2006, 03:14 AM

I'm gonna be there! :D

Mike.
:woohoo:
Way to go Mike!!!

Hack Goby
05-23-2006, 12:07 PM
I still might make it for Sat.at the house(That what day it is right?)

Jessica
05-23-2006, 01:37 PM
Yes it is, you better make it Hack. Like Bear said, you can always crash here. Gage is sleeping at grandmas that night.

MM03MOK
05-28-2006, 05:12 AM
Is this our final count? Anyone else want to stand up and be counted? There is certainly flexibility for Saturday but Friday's lunch count for the restaurant needs to be accurate.

Less than two weeks away! :woohoo: Everyone set with the hotel? Have we run out of rooms in the block yet?

I have complete point-to-point local directions I will email out later this week, with a list of location addresses and our schedule so y'all can pick up with us anywhere along the way.

Don't forget to bring your FRS radios, fresh batteries and Channel 5.

Thank you, Mark, for all your legwork for Friday. Wish you could be joining us!! Have a great trip yourself!

For those that want to bring something to eat on Saturday, please let Jessica or myself know so we don't have to shop for it or end up with 15 lbs. of cole slaw. (though, 15 lbs. of brownies would be just fine!!! ;) )

Friday, June 9

Lunch

# of Adults 21

Saturday, June 10

# of Adults 32
# of Children (ages, please) 2.66

Hampton Inn
Richfield, Ohio 44286
330-659-6662
Minesh Shah G.M.
$89 rate at the hotel using the name Mercury Marauder - block confirmation # of 86837120<!-- / message -->

CRUZTAKER
05-28-2006, 06:18 AM
I have ONE mire thing to add....and this is a request.;)

As a result of the higher than expected attendance:

I am asking that (most) folks bring their favorite canvas chair.

I have substantial seating, but no where near enough for 30+.:P

So if you have a favorite chair fold up chair....bring it along!

Mike Poore
05-28-2006, 09:47 AM
Ok, I'm all signed up. Since I have a Dr's appt. Thursday Am, I'll be traveling to Snow Shoe, spending the night, and depart for Barry's Friday morning. UM, I'll be driving the MM, with my big feet(s) and bringing Tom's new, way cool gas pedal, for show & tell. .....and my favorite (Penn State) canvas chair.:D

pantheroc
05-30-2006, 06:55 PM
Who will be arriving Wednesday the 7th and ~what time?

CRUZTAKER
05-31-2006, 03:17 PM
Who will be arriving Wednesday the 7th and ~what time?

I'll be there...:P

Hey!

All you folks that volunteered to help prep the A/O...
You all got off easy. I pretty much have accomplished everything I set out to do.

The deck is a little ratty and 3 years into its stain...so that won't be done unless some MAJOR volunteer-ism happens. Other than a raking of some gravel, pulling some deranged crabgrass, and mowing...we're good to go and not to be embarrased.

REMEMBER! DRESS ACCORDINGLY. IE: AS IF YOU WERE GOING CAMPING. IF IT RAINS, IT WILL BE LIKE WOODSTOCK....

Well...it may be like woodstock regardless.:D We won't be going anywhere that requires more than jeans and tennis shoes.

SergntMac
05-31-2006, 04:42 PM
As the saying goes, "If you remember Woodstock, you were not there."

Haggis
06-01-2006, 03:21 AM
Woodstock? You mean Snoopy's lil' buddy?

CRUZTAKER
06-01-2006, 09:01 PM
I am home for a three day weekend, and will be in Cincinnati Monday and Tuesday. Then I'm home the remainer of the week.

Long range forcast indicates rain. Let's hope not.

There is some resurfacing strategically happening on 77 right at the hotel exit for 4 miles, 2 miles shy of my exit. The grading is done...has been done for awhile. Hopefully it will be complete before next week.
If not, those who have been here before may want to show those who have not to just stay on the road the hotel is on, RT.21, and run that north to my street, Wallings, and run west back toward the highway.
Speed must be watched on 21. Stricly enforcedby these country township LEOs.

I visit the butcher tomorrow.;)

chapel1
06-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Gail and I are taking off friday , well see everyone at the Hamton.

pantheroc
06-02-2006, 03:00 PM
Are there plans for Thurs? Just hang at Hampton and burgs/dogs later?

Bigdogjim
06-02-2006, 03:26 PM

I thought that was the 60's saying?

Hack Goby
06-03-2006, 08:02 AM
Well I might as well go for the gusto.Just booked my room for thur.and Fri.So the headcount will have to change.Sorry Im late getting this done but Im ready to party.WOOT!!!:beer:

CRUZTAKER
06-03-2006, 11:24 AM
I got a good deal on Beef Tenderloin (10.50/lb.). Wednesday I go to get the poundage and number of cuts straight.
I will pick up a few lbs. of Grouper as well.

Since we have a few days before I go on the ultimate alcohol run, I will start another thread and have everyone give me suggestions on beer choices.
I was left with too much extra last year....like that's a bad thing.

We picked up a half dozen litres of Absolute in every flavor imaginable whilst in St. Thomas USVI. Mostly for Dennis...but I am sure he will share.:P

If you have a particular mix you like, you may want to bring it.

MM03MOK
06-04-2006, 05:56 AM
Anyone else bringing some food? The menu needs to be planned before shopping so all the bases are covered. We have shrimp with homemade cocktail sauce, taco salad and macaroni salad.

Our headcount continues to grow. Could we get a final headcount by tomorrow, please? Especially for Friday lunch?

If you haven't emailed me your email address, please do so. I have directions and info to email out to y'all. Thanks!

Marauder03@comcast.net

:bunny2:

Bigdogjim
06-04-2006, 03:22 PM
Well I might as well go for the gusto.Just booked my room for thur.and Fri.So the headcount will have to change.Sorry Im late getting this done but Im ready to party.WOOT!!!:beer:

Great! It will b e good to see you again!

MM03MOK
06-05-2006, 07:12 PM
Directions and Itinerary just emailed to all attending. See you soon!!

TooManyFords
06-05-2006, 07:23 PM
Directions and Itinerary just emailed to all attending. See you soon!!

you missed me!!

Nevermind! Just got the care package!

john

TooManyFords
06-05-2006, 07:25 PM
BTW, it would be COOL if we could schedule a late might movie premier of CARS somewhere! It opens the 9th...

Just typing out loud...

Cheers!

John

Zack
06-05-2006, 07:34 PM
Windy City Crew: Meet at 7am for Breakfast.
Usual place, Blueberry hill on 183rd street in Homewood.

Big Joe P
06-05-2006, 09:01 PM
Windy City Crew: Meet at 7am for Breakfast.
Usual place, Blueberry hill on 183rd street in Homewood.

Kim & I will be there.....

CRUZTAKER
06-06-2006, 07:25 PM
Looks like on and off rain for Friday.

TMF's idea to see CARS isn't so bad. If we get rained off the track Friday, perhaps this could work as a 'plan B' for Friday night. There is a HUGE theatre within 5 miles of me in the valley.

We'll see....:thinker:

I want to let everone know that the REPAVING of I-77 just south of me and between the hotel exit is underway as we speak. Hopefully the southbound lanes will be done in the next two nights. North bound is still scaped and rough.

I recommend everyone that doesn't enjoy this type of road surface to stay on RT.21 Brecksville road and take the extra 10 minutes to my place that way.

Stay on 21 North through Brecksville town square. One mile past that you will see a Marathon, and at the next light, Wallings Rd. It's left (west) only. Take that West up the hill, over the highway, and to my place.

You will be long term parking FRI-SAT ONLY in my neighbors lot across the street. His drive will be marked with a blue TECH sign like you see at the drag strips. IT IS IMPERITIVE that you ONLY PARK IN THE GRAVEL portion of his lot. The black top is only a week old and he has made it clear that he wants NO ONE to park on it.
He normally has a gate blocking both his drives to stop folks from doing u-turns in his lot. He will leave the gates up for us 24/7 on Friday and Saturday.

If you miss his drive on the left, or mine on the right. Contintinue WEST on Wallings 200 feet to the blinking stop light. The road on the right is SKYLINE AVE. I have a reserve lot for 4 cars up there at the west end of my lot.

WED -THUR and any other time for washing, dropping things off, tuning, or those with disabilities, pull into my lower Wallings Rd. drive. Be sure to get turned around as soon as you arrive to ease getting back out onto our busy roadway.

For the time being...NO BURNOUTS ON WALLINGS ROAD. It has come to my attention that someone from the city was concerned with the billowing smoke stopping traffic last year.:shake:

That's all for now...I'm psyched!!!

I must reiterate...PARK ONLY ON/IN the gravel TECH area across from my house.

Thanks.;)

Bigdogjim
06-07-2006, 11:28 AM
No problem, my friend. We didn't make it four-pete by beating on each other.

Very true:)

pantheroc
06-07-2006, 05:15 PM
If anyone is coming down from the north east using I-271, use the Express lanes. The local lanes between exits 27 and ~30 are being repaved. Right now there is a lot of loose rock and debris. You can get to I-480 via the express lanes.

SergntMac
06-07-2006, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the "heads up", it's appreciated.

CRUZTAKER
06-07-2006, 07:11 PM
Southbound I-77 LANES are completely resurfaced.

Northbound are still roughcut...but clean and clear of most loose gravel.

SergntMac
06-07-2006, 07:23 PM
Thanks again, Bear.

MM03MOK
06-07-2006, 07:46 PM
Safe travels, my friends. See some of you tomorrow, then Friday, finally Saturday! Weather's looking good other than isolated t-storms tomorrow afternoon.

Big Joe P
06-07-2006, 10:40 PM
Barry,
I'm bringing some EXIT and JIM BEAM swag to raffle off at the BBQ.
Now you can add "prizes" to the event..
Oh, also a couple things for you and the misses...

SergntMac
06-08-2006, 04:02 AM
I'm hitting the highway in a few minutes, see y'all soon. Safe trip to all.

Bigdogjim
06-08-2006, 10:35 AM
I'm hitting the highway in a few minutes, see y'all soon. Safe trip to all.

still sitting while the car in on the lift.........Looks like a midnight arrival...leave a light on please........................ .....:help: :alone:

Bluerauder
06-08-2006, 01:56 PM
Safe travels to all heading out to Cleveland for the Eastern Regional meet. Sorry to be missing the fun again this year; but work and family events are conflicting. Have fun and enjoy !!! :party:

DEFYANT
06-08-2006, 02:09 PM
Safe travels to all heading out to Cleveland for the Eastern Regional meet. Sorry to be missing the fun again this year; but work and family events are conflicting. Have fun and enjoy !!!

What ^^^ he said.

I'll be in NY for a family gathering. Have fun you guys!

:alone:

CRUZTAKER
06-08-2006, 08:57 PM
You both will be missed.;)

Bigdogjim
06-08-2006, 10:55 PM
Yeah! Last one in around 11PM.....Sleep time

CRUZTAKER
06-09-2006, 09:57 PM
6-9 is in the books. :up:

BOOYA!!!

MM03MOK
06-10-2006, 04:33 AM
Morning! Rise and Shine! Yesterday was only part of the fun! Anyone else feel like they were smoked in a smokehouse? :rolleyes:

New category under Events in the Gallery for our pics. Find 4th Eastern Regional Meet, June 9-11, Cleveland, OH under Events in the drop-down menu when uploading.

MM2004
06-11-2006, 06:32 AM
Barry and Jessica,

We had one hell of a good time up here and wish to thank the two of you for your hospitality, generosity and hard work you guys put forth in making this a reality. :coolman:

:beer:

It was wonderful seeing everyone again as well as meeting other members.

We will be heading out shortly, and will be in touch! ;)

Remember,...

KEY WEST PINKS! ! ! !

Mike, Sandy and Caitlin.

SergntMac
06-11-2006, 12:26 PM
Barry and Jessica...We had one hell of a good time up here and wish to thank the two of you for your hospitality, generosity and hard work you guys put forth in making this a reality. It was wonderful seeing everyone again as well as meeting other members. Mike, Sandy and Caitlin. Ditto! Luv ya Barry and Jess!
BOOYA!!! 10-4...

chapel1
06-11-2006, 02:38 PM
Barry and Jessica,

We had one hell of a good time up here and wish to thank the two of you for your hospitality, generosity and hard work you guys put forth in making this a reality. :coolman:

:beer:

It was wonderful seeing everyone again as well as meeting other members.

We will be heading out shortly, and will be in touch! ;)

Remember,...

KEY WEST PINKS! ! ! !

Mike, Sandy and Caitlin.

This was our 2nd out of state event and we had a great time. All I can say is being on this site is great,but participating in a event is even better. Meeting the members and seeing all the variations of Marauder modifications is mind blowing.
If you never have been to you got to do it! Plus your finally going to meet somebody who knows what a Marauder is!
Again Jess& Barry
THANK YOU
Gary&Gail Chapel

Big Joe P
06-11-2006, 03:42 PM
We had a great time, thanks for opening up your doors and having a great event. Thanks for the wedding cake too, you are the best !! It was nice meeting everyone too.

MM2004
06-11-2006, 03:44 PM
...at our castle in Looseville. The ride was an uneventful one, running into a little rain north of Cincy.

Hey Gordon,..

Thank's for helping with the bra install. :beer:

98 MPH and it doesn't flap! :burnout:

Mike.

Bigdogjim
06-11-2006, 03:47 PM
Yes it was a great time......

Shot out the hotel at 4:15 AM got home at 2:00 PM after a stop or two...

Short hop this time only 445 miles (O/W).....Gotta love it...............

Bigdogjim
06-11-2006, 03:49 PM
98 MPH and it doesn't flap! :burnout: Mike.

Only 98???? Lots of traffic I guess....:laugh:

CRUZTAKER
06-11-2006, 04:44 PM
...Shot out the hotel at 4:15 AM

Had you left any earlier you may have caught us still in the pool.:P

Boy I'll tell you...the weather was kind enough to not rain on our parade and stay sunny. But cold front that chilled us over the last two night is officially here now.

It's 58 degrees on the deck this early Sunday evening.

Daily 03
06-11-2006, 05:35 PM
As usual Barry and Jessica were great hosts. Thanks Guys for everything. Also a wonderful opportunity to again be with old and meet new friends. Sorry that we could not be there for the entire event but enjoyed every moment there.
Dale and Nellie

Ladyhawke
06-11-2006, 06:41 PM
Gordon and I have also arrived safely home. Taking a different route this time ... the shortest, we made it to my parent's house (25 min west of home) at 4 pm. Stopping for dinner and picking up ... hmm it's a surprise.

Thanks again to Barry and Jessica for being wonderful hosts!! Thanks to Joe and Mac for the raffle goodies. It was great seeing everyone and look forward to the next time.

TooManyFords
06-11-2006, 07:34 PM
Wow, what can I add? Barry, you're like a brother and that is cool. ;)

If I did nothing else, just sitting around with everyone on your deck and around the camp fire was all I needed. The time was too short and I'm already looking forward to next year. And please tell your dear wife thanks for putting up with me.

Mary, 2.5 years is way too long! Remember, some of those pictures you took should only be emailed!

Mack, Zack, Big Joe (and Kim!) and Dan, thanks for letting me tag along on the trip out doing warp speed. I consider the shake-down run on my car a complete success. Zack, anytime, anywhere, I got your 6.

Paul, YOU GOT MAIL! (LOLOL!!!)

I know I've forgot a lot of names, but I will never forget y'all!

Next time I'll try to remember to change my watch!

Cheers!

John

MM03MOK
06-11-2006, 07:39 PM
Next time I'll try to remember to change my watch!

One should never be late for CHOCOLATE!! Yes, MVI seems like forever ago! So good to see you again, John!

Paul, YOU GOT MAIL! (LOLOL!!!)
AVON CALLING!

Bluerauder
06-12-2006, 07:42 AM
If I did nothing else, just sitting around with everyone on your deck and around the camp fire was all I needed. The time was too short and I'm already looking forward to next year.
Sounds like everyone had a great time and that Barry knows how to organize a great time !!! :twothumbs:

Once again I find myself on the sad end of missing another terrific event. Can't wait for November and Marauderville IV.

CRUZTAKER
06-22-2006, 05:37 PM
I know it's a bit late...but with the rain keeping me indoors I finally edited and uploaded the rest of the pics I took during EAM-IV.

Enjoy.

BTW:
Marry, I need your pics on disk yet.;)

KillJoy
06-22-2006, 06:20 PM
I know it's a bit late...but with the rain keeping me indoors I finally edited and uploaded the rest of the pics I took during EAM-IV.

Enjoy.

BTW:
Marry, I need your pics on disk yet.;)

Nice Pics Barry... I like the ones with ME in them :D

KillJoy

MM03MOK
08-20-2006, 04:04 PM
Bunny's pictures: http://bunnyrun.shutterfly.com/action/?a=9EYtmbhs0ZGk

http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b6d601b3127cce98549cb5ca9300 000017109EYtmbhs00 (http://bunnyrun.shutterfly.com/action/?a=9EYtmbhs0ZGk)

KillJoy
08-20-2006, 06:00 PM
Nice Pics Mary!

YOU GO GAGE!!! :D

KillJoy

chrish
06-09-2008, 06:04 PM
Is this information still relevent to your life?

it is to someones.
thanks chrish

KillJoy
06-10-2008, 04:38 AM
Why did you raise a Thread that had gone to sleep almost 2 years ago, about an annual meet?

:dunno:

KillJoy

PS - Now, this Thread will get confused by some as the current one.... :rolleyes:

mpearce
06-10-2008, 02:28 PM
Why did you raise a Thread that had gone to sleep almost 2 years ago, about an annual meet?

:dunno:

KillJoy

PS - Now, this Thread will get confused by some as the current one.... :rolleyes:

This ^^^ is true!! I didn't read the date and thought everyone had a good time without me. Alas...it's not true...and we do have an OLD Thread alert!

Good catch Steve. You should be a private(s) investigator. :D

-Mat