PDA

View Full Version : Research section in forums

jawz101
02-20-2006, 10:52 AM
I think it would be nice to have a Research section in the forums to review products and their install notes that have been posted earlier in the forums, difficulty of install, and any gotchas related to install and alternate products and such.
It could be moderated and notes could be fine-tuned for submission. It's a chore to collect all the data and people end up making references to 2 year old posts when revisited projects are mentioned in new threads.
It would be nice to see the Reviews section get more hits and help members out in their searches for product information.

The Resource Room could maybe be changed to accomodate this. It seems like no one really posts in there and maybe it could use a new direction to get people motivated to build up the Reviews section.

MM03MOK
02-20-2006, 11:11 AM
The Resource Room was a temporary location until the Reviews section was opened up. The Resource Room was then locked but still viewable, directing people to use the Reviews section.

We should absolutely encourage any "how-to's" in threads to be placed for more permanent reference in Reviews. Keep the conversation in the threads, but keep the info in Reviews. Reviews do need to be "approved" by Admins, so just drop us a note or a post, and we'll "Make It So."

People just need to remember to visit Reviews!

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/reviews/

jawz101
02-20-2006, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the comments. Maybe I'll muster up some energy to start compiling some info I've found on mods that I've done.