PDA

View Full Version : My CEL is on

svtguy
02-20-2006, 07:38 PM
And I was wondering if anyone has a diagnostic tool to pull and read the code. Don't know what it might be. Everything appears to be ok. Its got me kinda worried. The wife called me on her way to work to inform me of it. It hadn't come on before. Last time she drives it, ha ha. I appreciate any help or feedback on this. Thanks.

Smokie
02-20-2006, 07:41 PM
And I was wondering if anyone has a diagnostic tool to pull and read the code. Don't know what it might be. Everything appears to be ok. Its got me kinda worried. The wife called me on her way to work to inform me of it. It hadn't come on before. Last time she drives it, ha ha. I appreciate any help or feedback on this. Thanks.

If all seems well, a loose gas cap can trigger the light.

jgc61sr2002
02-20-2006, 07:44 PM
Some auto parts stores will check the code for free.

ckadiddle
02-21-2006, 10:35 AM
Any of your pals with an xcalibrator2 can read the DTC codes for you.

svtguy
02-21-2006, 03:27 PM
Well, the guy at a local Auto Zone tells me the CEL code comes up as "432". Now I was thinking there were supposed to be some letter(s) associated with these codes but what do I know. Does this make sense to anyone? He tells me its related to either a possible vaccum leak or low fuel pressure. I checked around some for any loose vacuum hoses and whatnot but so far I don't see anything. I'll be looking more carefully later when the wife gets home with it. I asked him about a loose fuel cap but he said that would be a different code than what came up. I appreciate any input.