PDA

View Full Version : Check the rear ends.

tomd
04-18-2003, 08:21 AM
NO not on your wife or girlfriend! Your Marauder!

Why does the right rear tire stick out further then the left rear????

All 4 NEW Marauders at my LM Dealer and mine have the right rear tire sticking out further then the left rear, why? The service guy said he had no idea why it was that way, and soon as a LM rep comes in he’ll ask um.
:alone: :eek:

WolfeBros
04-18-2003, 08:28 AM
I am afraid to look. It will just drive me crazy if I find it that way.
Its like climbing all over and under this thing to find fault with it........I just don't need to know some things. :rolleyes:

RF Overlord
04-18-2003, 08:49 AM
On domestic Marauders (with left-hand drive), the rear wheels are offset to the right to compensate for the weight of the driver on the left...it's the other way 'round on export Marauders with right-hand drive...

tomd
04-18-2003, 08:49 AM
The only reason I notice it was cuz I got hit in the right rear door and tire, here I thought then didn't put my car back together right! :po:

tomd
04-18-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by RF Overlord
On domestic Marauders (with left-hand drive), the rear wheels are offset to the right to compensate for the weight of the driver on the left...it's the other way 'round on export Marauders with right-hand drive...

What he say???:help:

TAF
04-18-2003, 08:53 AM

So....does that mean that yours, Big Dog's and mine should be offset significantly more than say....LML's :lol:

WolfeBros
04-18-2003, 08:56 AM
You did get the optional drivers seat with air ride suspension and hydraulic dampers ?
:lol:

TAF
04-18-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by WolfeBros
You did get the optional drivers seat with air ride suspension and hydraulic dampers ?
:lol:

No...but it was my first mod that I was TRYING to keep secret...thanks Wolfe :lol:

tomd
04-18-2003, 09:05 AM
RF Overlord Is just so damn smart! :up:

Just looked at a friends 2002 BMW 325i in the parking lot and sure as your reading this his right rear tire is sticking out!
:up:

LincMercLover
04-18-2003, 09:44 AM
Fat jokes AGAIN?!?! I thought we already did this? :shake: :D

TAF
04-18-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by LincMercLover
Fat jokes AGAIN?!?! I thought we already did this? :shake: :D

Actually no, LML...

On the side...we all send PM jokes laughing at the small guys here who slide around in the seats...:lol:

"Slip sliding away"
-Paul Simon

LincMercLover
04-18-2003, 01:29 PM
Oh, I get it... Kinda how all the youngin's of the site PM each other making fun of all the fat old guys who are running high 15's cause of their weight. Gotcha! :up: :D

And for the record, I LOVE MY SEATS!

Warpath
04-22-2003, 09:07 AM

Huh? That is not true. The best way to compensate for an inbalance left to right is to change the spring height. Offsetting the rear axle would cause funny driving dynamics. A left turn may act differently than a right turn. The best explanation for an offset is just the assembly tolerances. The frames are made of many, many welded pieces. There is a lot of variation with welded pieces.

My dad has a 96 Cobra. His left front wheel sticks out further than the right. Its only from the natural variation.

RF Overlord
04-22-2003, 09:11 AM
Warpath:

ROFL! Your ********* filter must be turned off...

I guess the "export Marauders with right-hand drive" was too subtle...

:lol: :help: :rasta:

LincMercLover
04-22-2003, 11:01 AM
OK, I looked at this the other day, and see no difference. Granted I didn't take measurments, but I looked, felt, looked again, and didn't see a thing (felt like I was violating her... :D ). RF, what are you passin' out to these guys? :lol:

darebren
04-22-2003, 12:01 PM
since I'm left handed, I had the factory make the left tire stick out instead. Now if I could only make a right turn...look kids, Big Ben.

tomd
04-22-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by LincMercLover
OK, I looked at this the other day, and see no difference. Granted I didn't take measurments, but I looked, felt, looked again, and didn't see a thing (felt like I was violating her... :D ). RF, what are you passin' out to these guys? :lol:

LML

If you put your knee up against side bumper in the same place on both sides and look down at your rear tires you'll see more of the right they you will of the left.

I check the rear tires at the dealers who had a silver a blue and 2 blacks and they all where the same (right tire sticks out more). The service department couldn’t tell me why they where like that.

I have also check a few other cars and they are all the same way! I check the other cars cuz people said I was NUTS! Am I???
;) :D :lol: :eek:

RF Overlord
04-22-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by tomd

I check the other cars cuz people said I was NUTS! Am I???
;) :D :lol: :eek:

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you. :D heehee

drobin
04-22-2003, 07:56 PM
tomd,

Checked my 300A MM, and to my surprised both wheels protruded exactly 1 inch on each side from the outer fender weld. Use a straight edge for accuracy. I believe someone screwed up at the LM facility.. ARE WE SURPRISED!

Donald

martyo
04-22-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by tomd
LML

If you put your knee up against side bumper in the same place on both sides and look down at your rear tires you'll see more of the right they you will of the left.

Isn't this the first fews steps of the "Hokey Pokey" ?

By the way, those that get this reference are totally awesome in my opinion.

Warpath
04-23-2003, 08:49 AM
Warpath:

ROFL! Your ********* filter must be turned off...

I guess the "export Marauders with right-hand drive" was too subtle...

:lol: :help: :rasta:

I don't have much time to visit this site. So, I take things as I read them without thinking much. Your export comment made me wonder where you were getting this information even more. So, yes it was too subtle.