PDA

View Full Version : Maraudernkc and HwyCruiser at KCIR

HwyCruiser
02-26-2006, 06:18 PM
The weather cooperated here and gave us +40 and clear today so Greg and I headed out to KCIR to have some fun. My goal was to try out a 100 octane race gas tune Injected Racing made up for me and Greg wanted to see what his Daytona R/T Charger was capable of on the 1320.

Here's a video of Greg's run down the track: Clicky (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/misc.php?do=downloadfile&i=1728)
I think it's respectable for a bone stock car. I wonder what tricks Greg has planned for it? :D

My race gas tune seemed to do pretty good on the track, but after reviewing the video I'm afraid my limited slip didn't fair so well.

Here's a link to my first run (and best of the day): Clicky (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/misc.php?do=downloadfile&i=1727)
I appended the burnout of my second pass that shows my right rear not spinning during the 1-2 shift. I think the clutches are baked and it looks like its time to finally upgrade. After over 40k miles and a bunch of horsing around on the track I don't know if I could expected much more from the OEM unit.

The first run probably did them in since it seemed like that burnout was ok. As you can see in the vid, off the line traction sucked but I did manage to pick up a little bit over my previous best trap speed with the tune. Too bad I couldn't put a launch together for it today. That's drag racing. :burnout:

teamrope
02-26-2006, 06:26 PM
We got lucky and the rain held off till after 3 PM. I shaved 1/100th of my 60 ft and .14 off my best. :beer:

As always, enjoy to watching your vidios. :)

MarauderMark
02-26-2006, 06:29 PM
What was the time on the daytona? i counld not see it well.

Smokie
02-26-2006, 06:32 PM
Well the traction wasn't the greatest, but a 12.89 on a bad launch shows how really fast your car is. Congratulations.

maraudernkc
02-26-2006, 06:40 PM
14.3@99MPH It is bone stock.

HwyCruiser
02-26-2006, 06:48 PM

They opened a week early since the weather was decent so we couldn't really complain to much. At least a couple of the bulbs lit up. :rolleyes:

They didn't have the speakers set up for the stands either, so I missed out on the color commentary by the announcer too. He did come down to shake my hand and tell me he loved my Marauder. I guess I left a lasting impression on him last year. :D

TooManyFords
02-26-2006, 06:56 PM
Way to go and have some fun, why dontcha!

LOL!

JD, I think it's time you upgrade to a line-lock. Might save those clutches on the next unit.

Greg, that thing looks like fun! When I come down this spring, we'll have to go out and tear up a set of tires on the street together. Better get some drag radials!

Cheers!

john

HwyCruiser
02-26-2006, 07:01 PM

LOL!

JD, I think it's time you upgrade to a line-lock. Might save those clutches on the next unit.

Greg, that thing looks like fun! When I come down this spring, we'll have to go out and tear up a set of tires on the street together. Better get some drag radials!

Cheers!

john

John, 10-4 on the line lock. Greg's going to "hook" me up with an upgraded LSD too. It's good to know a parts guy. :cool:

maraudernkc
02-26-2006, 07:05 PM
JOHN, the Daytona is to slow for drag radials but if it had a blower on it. hmmm:eek:

LOL!

Cheers!

john

HwyCruiser
02-26-2006, 07:18 PM
Well the traction wasn't the greatest, but a 12.89 on a bad launch shows how really fast your car is. Congratulations.

Thanks! She pulled really strong once the left rear stopped spinning. I had big hopes but instead took home my first repair. At least it's still drivable. Just no racing until I get this squared away. Now to figure out what else I should upgrade in the rear end since it will be opened up anyway. Axles? We'll see.

MI2QWK4U
02-26-2006, 07:25 PM
My race gas tune seemed to do pretty good on the track, but after reviewing the video I'm afraid my limited slip didn't fair so well.

Its too bad about the Diff didnt hold up, but thats the first thing i noticed on my car, the dreaded one wheel peel! The stock rear end just wasnt made for what we are doing to it. If it helps, I went with an Eaton unit that has held up very well for 2 years of abuse. Other than that, your Marauder looks strong!

03MERCMARAUDER
02-26-2006, 10:22 PM
Nice run man. Maybe some time this srping we could hit up KCIR. I am just sount of ya in wichita. Need to get the tranny in the Rauder fixed and get the bottle on it.

Joe

MERCDADDY
02-27-2006, 05:54 PM
So JD, you going to make it to the March 11 Ford -v- GM shootout at KCIR? $50 entry, 90 car max, no rice, no bikes, we have the track for 8 HOURS. I think there's a few spots left if you want in!

HwyCruiser
02-27-2006, 07:03 PM
So JD, you going to make it to the March 11 Ford -v- GM shootout at KCIR? $50 entry, 90 car max, no rice, no bikes, we have the track for 8 HOURS. I think there's a few spots left if you want in!

I'm not up for racing any time soon because of my fried differential. I doubt if I can have it fixed by then, unless you're handy at rebuilding the Ford limited slip. :(

I might come out and spectate though.

MERCDADDY
02-27-2006, 07:11 PM
Spectating is free that day, so feel free to come out and enjoy. As always, you're more than welcome.

And I do know a good proctologist in town if you need one!