PDA

View Full Version : Love this car!!!!

Eric91Z
02-28-2006, 04:12 PM
Well, it all started yesterday. I was taking the car in for an oil change, tire rotate, and new fuel filter. I decided to put the stock tune back in just in case they had some problems with CEL after the fuel filter change. Needless to say, I thought there was something wrong with the car after running it with the stock tune again. It would not hold a steady idle when cold, lots of moisture/water coming out the exhaust, and the tranny felt like it was slipping or something.

Luckily I only had to drive the car like this for a total of 35 miles or so with most of that on the highway. Got the car to the dealership, got the service done, no CEL, and parked it in their parking lot. Got the XCal2 out of the trunk and put the 93 octane tune back in there.

Now, for the past 4 or 5 months I have been running the 91 octane tune for the winter and just in case I got some bad winter gas. Well, the car is running quite well, I must say. I had to go to the dentist this morning and had the rest of the day off. Leaving the dentist office I got out on the street, which was a slight uphill to it, and got on it. Felt like the rears were fighting for traction all through first and got a nice little mark on the shift to second.

Then, I had a little impromptu showing of the MM power to a "souped up" Honda Accord. We had kind of been playing a little bit until we got next to each other at the light. Well, I know it is on. This is a 6th Gen Honda Accord Sedan, 5-speed and no clue what is done to it except for the carbon fiber hood. No huge exhaust on it either, but it is not quiet. Anyway, light turns green and I am half a asleep and he get the jump. About half a car length on me. But that was all she wrote. Marauder started off a little slow (as she always does off the line with a lack of lowend torque). Then she came alive as always and pulled a car length back on the Accord by the time he was grinding into 3rd gear and we just them down. It was nice to get by him, but not so nice that he was able to keep up at all. I really hope to win that Trilogy S/C to put on my baby!!! Anyway, the passenger in the car is on his cell phone looking over and just laughing. The Accord turned off at the next corner and I was heading straight. He gave a flash of his headlights and I flashed the tailights.

I love this car and can;t believe what a crappy job Mercury did on the stock tuning of this car. Thanks, Lidio, for the XCal2, the time you put into the over all driveability and performance of your tuning for the Marauder, and offering your expertise to the rest of us. I look forward to the day that I can have you install a Trilogy for me along with Kook's, 4.10's, and who knows what else. The drive over from Iowa will be well worth it.

Now, just about a month more and the stock wheels and tires can go back on and the car will be ready for some good weather, cruising, and traveling...