PDA

View Full Version : "Apologies Are In Order - Logan Rules"

WJSOLOMON
09-13-2002, 12:08 AM
Mensrea - Logan is right, and I was wrong! I had no right to imply that you "had rocks in your head" for investing your New Car with Kenny Brown for the Performance Upgrades. I meant no ill will to you, nor to Kenny, as he stands as one the the National Ikons, for producing the unique and unchallenged Panther Performance Cars.

Twisted humor on my part, assisted in part by that old "Trouble-Causing Loud Mouth" who sometimes pretends to be my friend, Jim Beam.

I agree with Logan, that our Conduct and Demeaner in interacting with each other should be as we would conduct ourselves in a fashionable Gentlesmen's Club, Country Club, etc. where the best of manners pervail, and set the tone of the day.

My apologies to you, and to Kenny Brown as well.

I'll try to do better, and discuss these matters in more detail with "Old Jim" this week in Ontario, over some Musky Fishing and Fuente's on the Porch at Night Fall. I'm sure he will understand, that both he and I need to do better.

Best Wishes for the Best that Kenny has to offer!

JerseyVics
09-13-2002, 12:37 AM
WJ,

I think you were trying to be loyal and in this case we really need to keep an open mind.

Competition is a good thing, I can tell you right now that products Kenny Brown comes up with will be more expensive than those from Dennis Reinhart, however both will have customers and both will contribute to the community as a whole by making things available.

Now instead of all the appologies and all why not post pix of the DR parts you had done on your car... pictures speak volumes and often times come very handy when others are thinking about or are actualy doing the upgrades.

thanks,
--Russ:)

BTW: You're doing your part in contributing to the community by purchasing DR's mods so I wanted to thank you for taking the time and money to make this happen on your car because you provide the opportunity for people like me who don't have enough cash right now on something innovative but would certainly spend it later as long as its available, so thanks!:) Thanks to Logan for creating this site and definitely being a gunea piggy on many new mods and thanks to Mensrea for taking his car to Kenny Brown for yet another set of new innovative upgrades... you're all doing a good thing!:)

WJSOLOMON
09-13-2002, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by JerseyVics: "WJ, I think you were just trying to be loyal (to Dennis), and in this case we really need to keep an open mind.
Competition is a good thing, I can tell you right now that products Kenny Brown comes up with will be more expensive than those from Dennis Reinhart, however both will have customers and both will contribute to the community as a whole by making things available. Now instead of all the appologies and all why not post pix of the DR parts you had done on your car... pictures speak volumes and often times come very handy when others are thinking about or are actualy doing the upgrades. thanks, --Russ:)
BTW: You're doing your part in contributing to the community by purchasing DR's mods so I wanted to thank you for taking the time and money to make this happen on your car because you provide the opportunity for people like me who don't have enough cash right now on something innovative but would certainly spend it later as long as its available, so thanks!:) Thanks to Logan for creating this site and definitely being a gunea piggy on many new mods and thanks to Mensrea for taking his car to Kenny Brown for yet another set of new innovative upgrades... you're all doing a good thing!:)"

Russ - You'd be a Great Carpenter, in that you've hit the Nail right on the head! I've long before talked to Kenny Brown here in Indy, but he gave me the impression that he'd rather study over things, and was Very concerned about relations with FORD, as well as the Liabiltiy thing Plus, his unique Panthers list out at Much More than our MM, but ours are a Paragraph ahead on Design and Execution of Performance.
Whereas Dennis was the First one to Stand Up, the First One to be Counted on as a Forum Sponsor, and the First One to get me connected to a Qualified Installer here close to my home just North of Indy.

I'm in the process of selecting my First Digital Camera, and will look forward to posting Pics of my Stealth Car as soon as I get set up. Any ideas out there for the Easiest to use, but Superior Quality Photos, for around $2,500.00?

Thanks again Russ. I appreciate your kind and understanding words, as I head for the Border.

:) ;) :cool:

Logan
09-13-2002, 05:31 AM
Thanks for being a stand up guy, WJ, I appreciate it. We're all here to have fun, my job, as unpleasant as it may be some times, is to keep the peace in this here town... :)

As for the Digital camera thing, I've been going through the review process to pick a semi-pro camera for myself. I've pretty much set myself on Sony's FSC707. It's a 5megapixel camera and pretty much does everything you'd ever need, short of doing professional studio work.

An awesome site for unbiased Camera reviews is http://www.dpreview.com

bozobill
09-13-2002, 05:56 AM
WJ,

Save about $1500.00 of that 2.5K and get a Canon G2. Easy to use, all the necessary bells and whistles, makes 8x10's that look like ASA 100 prints. Then use those extra $'s to continue to make your MM the unique beauty it is!

Logan
09-13-2002, 06:13 AM
G2 is my runner up choice. Cheaper price point, great features, awesome photo quality, but I wanted the extra grunt and features that come on the 707...

I found the G2 somewhat awkward to handle too... That may just be me though...

03 Merc
09-13-2002, 07:22 AM
Guys,

I have a Kodak DC290 (Semi Pro Grade) digital myself. Anything over 3.1 Megapixels will give good results. More Megapixels is like more Horsepower the more you have the better it gets...:D..and the more you want!

The problem is the printing technology has not keep pace with the cameras. I have a Canon Printer that give nice glossy 8X10s but the price per print is fairly steep when you include replacement cartridges.

If you check kodak's website you can get a good deal on overruns and refurbished cameras, as well as printing supplies like photo paper..

Someday I want to buy a SLR digital, with interchangable lenses, but I refuse to be bleeding edge again like my DC290 was 2 years ago.... If Olympus or Canon comes out with one I can use my existing 35MM lenses with I'm in..

Ray Snyder
09-13-2002, 07:39 AM
Boy this just turned into a camera geek site. Try this, Goes to Fry's electronics, Buy a SiPix digital camera for 39.95. and spend the rest on cool mods for your MM03.

Here is the site, it's a cool little camera.
http://shop2.outpost.com/product/3334992

mensrea
09-13-2002, 01:21 PM
Well it's nice to see that people are passionate about their cars... it's almost refreshing. As for why I chose to go with Kenny Brown, it's because his philosophy when tuning cars is to start with the foundation (structure, suspension, brakes) and work toward the speed (engine enhancements). What good is a fast car if it can't handle or stop? I drove one of his Panthers and all I can say is it was one of the best handling vehicles I have ever driven. It's amazing he can get that kind of performance out of the Panther platform. Now I have never driven one of DR's cars, so its possible that his handle well too.

WJ, you're right, the MMs are more advanced than the 02s, that's one of the reasons I am so excited, I can't wait to see what Kenny does with them.

Remember, when it comes to customizing your vehicle, there is no right way to do it. I have some of Dennis' stuff in my car, gears, chip, stat, etc. I found him helpful and pleasant.

I just chose to go with Kenny Brown.

I am confident that even bone stock, people will enjoy their Marauders, and that's what it's all about!

We'll all have to wait and see what the final result is.