PDA

View Full Version : Moser Axles/lsd Group Buy!

maraudernkc
03-01-2006, 09:36 AM
Below is the deal on Posi units, Moser Axles, axle bearings and a complete rear end kit. This will have everything you need except for gears. You will use your original C clips.

Here we go!:help:

POSI CHOICES PRICING & QUANTITIES

Description / Part# / 5 + / 10 +

Auburn 28 Spline / 542080 / $430.00 / $410.00
Auburn 31 Spline / 542054 / $430.00 / $410.00

Auburn EcTed 28 Spline / 545001 / $590.00 / $580.00
Auburn EcTecd31 Spline / 545002 / $590.00 / $580.00

Eaton 28 Spline / 19605 / $410.00 / $400.00
Eaton 31 Spline / 19588 / $410.00 / $400.00

Detroit True-Trac28 Spline / 912A962 / $440.00 / $430.00
Detroit True-Trac31 Spline / 913A561 / $440.00 / $430.00

Pinion & Carrier bearing set WKF8.8 $85.00

Axle Bearings & Seals $30.00

MOSER AXLE PRICING / 1 + / 15 +

Moser Axles 31 Spline per set / $302.00 / $242.00

To get to the 5 or 10 deal pricing on posi units, we just need that number in total assorted units. It's mix and match.It does not have to be 10 Eaton units.

To get to the deep deal on the Moser Axles, we do need 15 sets or than it is the 1 set price deal.

Below is some additional information on the Moser axles:

31 Spline Custom Alloy

30% Stronger than OE

34 3/8 Length

Machined to except ABS ring (arranged for this group buy)

Comes with wheel studs pressed on (arranged for this group buy)

Moser does not warranty and C clip styles axles.

Below is some additional info on the ring and Pinion kit:

National seals
Ring Gear bolts
All new shims
Super shims for side
Races
Two crushed sleeves
Pinion Seal
Cover gasket
Yellow marker
and more

Axle Bearing Info:

Timken Bearings

Here is everything you need to do your Marauder rear end, right here, except gears. This is just a sample to show you pricing on a complete rear end.

Sample price

Eaton Posi Unit $400.00
Ring and pinion kit $85.00
Axle bearings & Seals $30.00
Moser Axles (set) $242.00
Freight Posi Unit and bearings $20.00
Freight on Moser Axles $25.00

Total------------------------------$ 802.00

The above pricing is based on the "deep deal pricng"

You all are going to have to figure out what posi unit you want in your car and remember don't trust just any one with your rear end! :eek:

If you know what you want to buy than just respond back with what you want or PM me with what you want. The pricing will be calculated when this ends.

This Group buy will Start today and end Sunday March, 19th.

Aurbun Pro series Link:
http://www.auburngear.com/aftermarket/products/differentials/
Aurburn Ected Link:
http://www.auburngear.com/oemdifferentials/ected/
Eaton Link:
http://www.traction.eaton.com/prod3.htm
DETROIT TRUE TRAC LINK:(Now owned by Eaton)
http://detroitlocker.com/DT.htm

Any questions, fire away!

martyo
03-01-2006, 10:35 AM
Wow, nice job!

Where were you when I was putting together my car?

maraudernkc
03-01-2006, 10:45 AM
Marty, you are just that far ahead of everyone else!

Wow, nice job!

Breadfan
03-01-2006, 10:53 AM
Awesome, though I need to save some cash before I do a rear-end upgrade, I may pick up the moser 31 splines since they're setup for our cars for this gruop buy - that sounds like it'll save trouble when I upgrade later on. I'll just put them on the shelf.

I'm most likely up for the moser 31 spline axles, of course I would like to see the 15+ price to solidfy me. ;)

BruteForce
03-01-2006, 11:41 AM
Gonna show my nub credentials now... Anyone care to explain the benefits/drawbacks (better launch, noisier, etc) of the 31 spline stuff?

Which combo is best for what application? I am NA with just over 300 RWHP/RWTQ now, but there may be a S/C in the future.

Breadfan
03-01-2006, 11:54 AM
31 spline axles should be more durable and handle more power. Of course you'll need a 31spline diff.

Not saying you'll blow up the 28's, but if you're going to do the differential you might as well go the extra few bucks while everything is apart and get the stronger axles.

MarauderMark
03-01-2006, 12:35 PM
Wow, nice job!

^^^Ditto^^^

merc
03-01-2006, 12:43 PM
[QUOTE=maraudernkc]Below is the deal on Posi units, Moser Axles, axle bearings and a complete rear end kit. This will have everything you need except for gears. You will use your original C clips.

Not to start a negitive conversation, but I paid less then the group purchase price you lilsted for the Auburn pro 28 http://www.dallasmustang.com/prod/542080

I would be interested in a pair of axles.

maraudernkc
03-01-2006, 01:58 PM
Merc, There is only one at that price and they don't have any in stock. Read below and they don't have axles.

Inventory Reduction Items are in limited quantity and sold AS IS. Items my be at a reduced price because of scratches, missing parts or just overstock.We make every effort to notate items being damaged in any way.
You can call 1-800-MUSTANG to verify current inventory and order this item at the same time.

Only -1 at this price.

There real price is $390.00 and $25.00 for shipping

That is $15.00 more counting shippig than my price. I am a vendor that supports mm.net. You are free to buy from whom you want but if a vendor on this site is close to your price I would hope you would help support the vendor and the site. I am sure you work hard for your money and want the best deal.

[QUOTE=maraudernkc]Below is the deal on Posi units, Moser Axles, axle bearings and a complete rear end kit. This will have everything you need except for gears. You will use your original C clips.

Not to start a negitive conversation, but I paid less then the group purchase price you lilsted for the Auburn pro 28 http://www.dallasmustang.com/prod/542080

I would be interested in a pair of axles.

maraudernkc
03-01-2006, 02:09 PM
Below are three members that are in on the axles at the 15 set price.:)

Just add your name if you are in for the Moser axles at the 15
set price.

1.Breadfan
2.Merc
3.Toomanyfords

TooManyFords
03-01-2006, 02:13 PM
Auburn Ec Tec 31 Spline / 545002 / $590.00 / $580.00

I'm in for this set Greg. I'll call you tomorrow with a CC# to hold waiting to see what the group does. Only thing you missed is a group buy on the shiny hineys!

Guys, this is a good deal. Don't be left behind in this one.

Cheers!

john

maraudernkc
03-01-2006, 02:39 PM
John, hold on to your money until we see how many we have.

QUOTE=TooManyFords]I'm in for this set Greg. I'll call you tomorrow with a CC# to hold waiting to see what the group does. Only thing you missed is a group buy on the shiny hineys!

Guys, this is a good deal. Don't be left behind in this one.

Cheers!

john[/QUOTE]

HwyCruiser
03-01-2006, 05:13 PM
I posted this in the other thread:

http://www.moserengineering.com/mose...r/axletech.htm

If I'm using this calculator right, they recommend a 31 spline at about 570 rwtq (2.84 1st gear ratio with 4.10 rearend gears). Although they don't list a 28 spline, eyeballing their chart would put the rating of a 28 spline right about 400 rwtq with 4.10's??!! They do say that there is about a 200% safety factor built in though.

Does anyone have the design spec on the OEM axles?Taking into account Moser's claim of being 30% stronger than OEM, anyone pushing anywhere near 400 rwtq is would be well over the rated torque for the OEM axles, not considering any safety factor.

Greg, put me down for a 31-spline combo (LSD mfr yet to be determined). I know you otherwise just deal at the distributor level, so thanks for pulling this together for us.

BTW, what forms of payment can you accept? Aluminum cans?

maraudernkc
03-01-2006, 05:47 PM
We are up to 5 sets of Moser axles

1.Breadfan
2.Merc
3.Toomanyfords
4.Hwycruiser
5.Buckwheat

HwyCruiser
03-02-2006, 06:12 PM
We are up to 5 sets of Moser axles

1.Breadfan
2.Merc
3.Toomanyfords
4.Hwycruiser
5.Buckwheat

10 more sets to go! Greg worked this out with Moser run us a batch of axles already machined for the anti-lock sensors and wheel studs pressed in.

The drag racers in the bunch need to get all over this, especially if your supercharged and running drag radials or slicks. I've been reading up on this stuff and with an addition of a girdle and stud kit, this setup will go a long way to bulletproofing the rear end.

I toasted my stock Ford traction-lok limited slip after a couple dozen passes and now I'll be sitting on the side lines until I get resolved. Feeling like you can't hook up like you used to? Check this video out:
One wheel peels at the track (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/misc.php?do=downloadfile&i=1727)

Enough to ruin your fun for the day. Just think what a snapped axle would do? :help:

TooManyFords
03-02-2006, 06:29 PM
Greg,

Are you going to post this over on SVTPerformance sans axles? Might to a long way to helping hit the deep discounts on the posi units etc!

C'mone you racers! As JD mentioned, this is a really good deal for the axles.

Thanks again Greg.

;)

john

FordNut
03-02-2006, 08:59 PM
Greg,
Add me to the list for a pair of axles.

Anybody know how hard it is to swap out the ABS rings?

MENINBLK
03-02-2006, 10:22 PM
Moser does not warranty...

Huh ?
What does this mean ?

MarauderTJA
03-03-2006, 06:19 AM
Greg, I am in for the 31 spline axles and the Eaton posi unit package.

maraudernkc
03-03-2006, 06:56 AM
The ring has to be pressed on. Not hard if you have a press.

Greg,
Add me to the list for a pair of axles.

Anybody know how hard it is to swap out the ABS rings?

maraudernkc
03-03-2006, 06:58 AM
Moser does not warranty c clip axles. They do guarntee that when you get them that they are to be free of defects but if you got to the track and break one, they do not warranty it.

Huh ?
What does this mean ?

martyo
03-03-2006, 07:00 AM
Moser does not warranty c clip axles. They do guarntee that when you get them that they are to be free of defects but if you got to the track and break one, they do not warranty it.

Who could blame them?

maraudernkc
03-03-2006, 07:00 AM
We are to 7 sets of Moser Axles.

1.Breadfan
2.Merc
3.Toomanyfords
4.Hwycruiser
5.Buckwheat
6.Fordnut
7.MarauderTJA

maraudernkc
03-03-2006, 07:02 AM
Moser wants to confirm our stock axle length. I beleive it is 34 3/8 from Outside of flange to the tip of the c clip.

Does anyone have one laying around?

Let me know if anyone has this info.

Just want to confim and be 100% sure.

martyo
03-03-2006, 07:04 AM
Moser wants to confirm our stock axle length. I believe it is 34 3/8 from Outside of flange to the tip of the c clip.

Does anyone have one laying around?

Let me know if anyone has this info.

Just want to confirm and be 100% sure.

Perhaps you can remind them that they did the set up for my car. Maybe they have records on my set up.

Kelly
03-03-2006, 07:54 AM
How hard if you don't have a press? You just cant beat it on, the wheel studs are in the way on the bottom. Other then putting the ring gear on the new diff. the pinion gear would not be messed with right?
How hard is it to get the axel seals out?
The backlash setting is the only Tech. part for this swap that I can think of right.

maraudernkc
03-03-2006, 08:46 AM
Kelly, I am not an expert on doing rear gears and axles. I can't give you an honest answer. I am sure that there is some one that can on this board.

How hard if you don't have a press? You just cant beat it on, the wheel studs are in the way on the bottom. Other then putting the ring gear on the new diff. the pinion gear would not be messed with right?
The backlash setting is the only Tech. part for this swap that I can think of right.

O's Fan Rich
03-03-2006, 09:12 AM
Kelly, I'd just take to a machine shop and let them do it.

I'm in for an Eaton carrier.... Not sure if I wanna do the axles.let me know the details as they come forward.

maraudernkc
03-04-2006, 11:21 AM
Update on what members have ordered so far.

1.Breadfan/Axles
2.Merc/Axles
3.Toomanyfords/Complete package
4.Hwycruiser/Complete packagae
5.Buckwheat/Complete pacakage
6.Fordnut/Axles
7.MarauderTJA/Complete packagae
8.Rich Long/LSD and maybe Axles

If any information above is not right, let me know.

That makes 5 LSD units

That makes 7 sets of Moser axles confirmed with Rich Long as a maybe on axles and that would make 8 sets if Rich is in.

Let's keep it rolling, we are getting there!

Thanks, Greg

MarauderMarc
03-04-2006, 11:42 AM
So let me get this straight, If I get the entire package, all Ill need is the ring and pinion? Will the 4.10 setup I have do the trick? or do i have to buy another one?

maraudernkc
03-04-2006, 12:16 PM
Marc, your 4:10 gears you have now will work.

So let me get this straight, If I get the entire package, all Ill need is the ring and pinion? Will the 4.10 setup I have do the trick? or do i have to buy another one?

HwyCruiser
03-04-2006, 12:27 PM
Alright! Halfway there on the axles (with a "maybe").

Maybe what? :dunno: Aren't we counting up committed buyers here if we hit the 15 set "deep discount" number?

Please, if you're on the axle list and not committed to follow this through let Greg know to remove your name.

1.Breadfan/Axles
2.Merc/Axles
6.Fordnut/Axles
8.Rich Long/LSD and maybe Axles

That makes 5 LSD units

That makes 7 sets of Moser axles confirmed with Rich Long as a maybe on axles and that would make 8 sets if Rich is in.

Thanks, Greg

MarauderMarc
03-05-2006, 12:22 AM
Marc, your 4:10 gears you have now will work.

Cool, so the package is 585, or 800?

tmac1337
03-05-2006, 03:35 AM
I'm a big probable. Definately the Eaton posi, maybe the axles. Will know soon.

O's Fan Rich
03-05-2006, 05:43 AM
Ok, so I'm not on the bubble and causing confusion, I'll just be doing the differential.
Sorry guys.

SergntMac
03-05-2006, 07:00 AM
Damn...Y'all are lucky to have Greg around. I just overhauled the #1x rear end last October, and I paid a Hell of a lot more for the parts than you guys will. I'll add that the 31 spline Mosers are very much worthwhile to you power adder guys, good insurance. Just my .02C, carry on, gents.

Breadfan
03-05-2006, 07:21 AM
Damn...Y'all are lucky to have Greg around. I just overhauled the #1x rear end last October, and I paid a Hell of a lot more for the parts than you guys will. I'll add that the 31 spline Mosers are very much worthwhile to you power adder guys, good insurance. Just my .02C, carry on, gents.

Hence why I'm picking up those axles - for that price (group buy price) it makes sense to pick them up even if they sit on the shelf for a year.

Eventaully I'll do the full upgrade just can't do that at this point, anyway, I'm still on stock rear tire sizes and that doesn't work too well!

maraudernkc
03-05-2006, 08:25 AM
Rich, no problem, what LSD unit do you want?

Ok, so I'm not on the bubble and causing confusion, I'll just be doing the differential.
Sorry guys.

maraudernkc
03-05-2006, 08:28 AM

1.Breadfan/Axles
2.Merc/Axles
6.Fordnut/Axles
8.Rich Long/LSD
9.TMAC something, not sure yet on what.

That makes 5 LSD units

That makes 7 sets of Moser axles confirmed.

Thanks, Greg:)

FordNut
03-05-2006, 08:52 AM
The guys at Team Ford said it's pretty easy to swap the ABS trigger ring with application of a little heat.

thePunisher
03-05-2006, 08:53 AM
the pinion does not have to be touched if youre just swapping out the axles. just bolt the ring gear onto the new carrier. the seals can be pryed out with a prybar using care or you can use a dent puller and screw to pull them out. the axle bearings need to be pulled out with a slide hammer. also very simple if you have the right tool. both the seals and bearings are replaced with a seal/bearing driver.

most likely you can count me in for a set of axles, axle bearings and seals. ill know for sure this week some time. i already have a 31 spline posi out of a truck im planning to use.....

HwyCruiser
03-05-2006, 09:56 AM
I'm a big probable. Definately the Eaton posi, maybe the axles. Will know soon.

Soooo, that's a set of axles and a TrueTrac for Tim. ;) :D

O's Fan Rich
03-05-2006, 10:33 AM
Rich, no problem, what LSD unit do you want?
Well, since I got new 28 spline axles last week, I want the Eaton 28 pleae.

TooManyFords
03-05-2006, 10:59 AM
Marty, don't you have the Auburn ECTEC? If so, did you just wire it to a switch to turn it on or is there a computer interface you used?

Thanks!

John

maraudernkc
03-05-2006, 11:52 AM

1.Breadfan/Axles
2.Merc/Axles
6.Fordnut/Axles
8.Rich Long/LSD
9.TMAC/ something, not sure yet on what.
10. Kelly/ Complete package
11.the Punisher/Axles

That makes 6 LSD units (not counting TMAC)

That makes 8 sets of Moser axles confirmed. (not counting TMAC)

Thanks, Greg

tmac1337
03-05-2006, 01:19 PM
Soooo, that's a set of axles and a TrueTrac for Tim. ;) :D

Yeah, my car is like a whore......and I keep pay'n and pay'n. Must have something to do with the blower!

HwyCruiser
03-05-2006, 02:36 PM
Come on racers, we're almost there!

$242 is a smoking price on 31-spline Moser axles custom machined for our cars. Get 'em and stash them away if you don't on planning on upgrading right away!

Yeah, my car is like a whore......and I keep pay'n and pay'n. Must have something to do with the blower!

Tim, I'm pretty sure your Marauder loved you for your money long before the blower. Now at least you've got a whistle to remind where a big chunk of it went every time you start her up. :P

MI2QWK4U
03-05-2006, 04:33 PM
Just a quick question about the axles. I was told last year when I broke a 28 spline factory axle, that the 31 spline axles available at the time had to be modified somehow to work in our cars. Is moser going to make the axles to fit our car exactly, without modifications? Or will we have to make a mod once we get them. I guess I am asking if the 31 splines will be good to go just as it is, open the box, and install them? Thank you.

FordNut
03-05-2006, 05:13 PM
Just a quick question about the axles. I was told last year when I broke a 28 spline factory axle, that the 31 spline axles available at the time had to be modified somehow to work in our cars. Is moser going to make the axles to fit our car exactly, without modifications? Or will we have to make a mod once we get them. I guess I am asking if the 31 splines will be good to go just as it is, open the box, and install them? Thank you.
Not sure, but I believe the machining for ABS trigger rings was the mod you are referring to. I believe the only mod needed with these would be removing the ABS trim rings from the stock axles and have them put onto these.

MarauderTJA
03-05-2006, 06:07 PM

But the real good ones, are worth paying over and over with the overall pleasure they give you.:D

mclemore102
03-05-2006, 06:23 PM
If i can get the axles for $242 count me in for everthing but the posi unit.

Cobra25
03-05-2006, 07:17 PM
I take the Eaton Posi 31 Spline Unit with the Moser 31 Spline Axles- The Complete Package. Thank you.

mclemore102
03-05-2006, 07:28 PM
How does the 31 spline posi that comes in the 03 cobra's compare to these?

maraudernkc
03-05-2006, 07:31 PM
Dave, Moser is doing all the work so that these are drop in axles. They don't machine these axles to except the ABS ring but for this group buy they are.

maraudernkc
03-05-2006, 07:36 PM

1.Breadfan/Axles
2.Merc/Axles
6.Fordnut/Axles
8.Rich Long/LSD
10.Cobra25/Complete package
11.Mclemore102/Axles

That makes 6 LSD units

That makes 9 sets of Moser axles confirmed.

Thanks, Greg

sweetair
03-05-2006, 08:44 PM

1.Breadfan/Axles
2.Merc/Axles
6.Fordnut/Axles
8.Rich Long/LSD
10.Cobra25/Complete package
11.Mclemore102/Axles

That makes 6 LSD units

That makes 9 sets of Moser axles confirmed.

Thanks, GregOK a stupid question here. I have the stock 3.55 rear end. I like those gears. I do have a trilogy blower, CAI (K&N). and widened rims w/295 nitto street radials. RWHP 360-370. Never been dyno'd. I would like to strengthen the rear end. Can I upgrade the axels to 31 spline with the OEM rear? Do I also have to change other things as well. What would be my ideal set up to strengthen the rear but keep the 3.55 ratio? Let me know what you think and I might be in for some axels. Thanks...

maraudernkc
03-05-2006, 08:51 PM
sweetair, You can keep your stock gears but you should upgrade your axles from 28 spline to thw 31 spline and choose one of the new Posi trac units listed. These units are much better than our stock ones. Everything will be new except for your 3:55 gears which you will use.

Thanks, Greg

OK a stupid question here. I have the stock 3.55 rear end. I like those gears. I do have a trilogy blower, CAI (K&N). and widened rims w/295 nitto street radials. RWHP 360-370. Never been dyno'd. I would like to strengthen the rear end. Can I upgrade the axels to 31 spline with the OEM rear? Do I also have to change other things as well. What would be my ideal set up to strengthen the rear but keep the 3.55 ratio? Let me know what you think and I might be in for some axels. Thanks...

sweetair
03-05-2006, 08:55 PM
Of the posi's listed, is one best suited for my needs than the other? I appologize for the questions, I have never "played" with a differential before. I would be getting this installed with some help. Thanks. I assume the Eaton posi unit, and Moser axels would do me fine. Right? If I was going that far. does in also make sense to get an axel bearing and seal set (since I am in there) and the ring and pinion kit too??

HwyCruiser
03-05-2006, 09:21 PM
Here's my take on the axles: since I'm in need of a new diff after finally toasting my Ford Traction-loc, I'm doing the axles also as a preventative measure. One of those "might as well" instead of a "shoulda coulda" things.

I seems the general consensus is the Eaton is a good diff for street use and have been holding up well to light track abuse. I've been researching the Detroit TrueTrac and the main downside I see is it may not hold up well to higher torque applications on the track with drag radials or slicks, but then again they redesigned them last year to be a bit more stout. A lot of Mustang guys swear by them. Eaton just bought Detroit Locker, so they must be doing something good, no?

Still, many of our members have had good luck with the Eaton units at the track and I haven't heard of anyone going with a gear-driven limited slip yet. The safe bet seems to be the Eaton. Decisions, decisions.

thePunisher
03-06-2006, 04:27 AM
How does the 31 spline posi that comes in the 03 cobra's compare to these?

the 03 cobra has the independent rear and basically uses cv halfshafts not axle shafts like rigid axle cars.

dont forget about me...im in for a set of 31 splines with axle bearings and seals.

maraudernkc
03-06-2006, 07:00 AM

1.Breadfan/Axles
2.Merc/Axles
6.Fordnut/Axles
8.Rich Long/LSD
9.Cobra25/Complete package
10Mclemore102/Axles.
11.Thepunisher/Axles

ON THE BUBBLE
sweetair
Tmac

That makes 6 LSD units

That makes 10 sets of Moser axles confirmed.

Thanks, Greg

maraudernkc
03-06-2006, 07:02 AM
I would go with the Eaton. It can be rebuilt. The Auburn has to be sent back to Auburn to be rebuilt. Just my penny's worth.

Of the posi's listed, is one best suited for my needs than the other? I appologize for the questions, I have never "played" with a differential before. I would be getting this installed with some help. Thanks. I assume the Eaton posi unit, and Moser axels would do me fine. Right? If I was going that far. does in also make sense to get an axel bearing and seal set (since I am in there) and the ring and pinion kit too??

Kelly
03-06-2006, 08:44 AM
Maraudernkc your list from post #45 is different from this list

1.Breadfan/Axles
2.Merc/Axles
6.Fordnut/Axles
8.Rich Long/LSD
11.the Punisher/Axles

1.Breadfan/Axles
2.Merc/Axles
6.Fordnut/Axles
8.Rich Long/LSD
10Mclemore102/Axles.
11.Thepunisher/Axles

ON THE BUBBLE
sweetair
Tmac

That makes 6 LSD units

That makes 10 sets of Moser axles confirmed.

Thanks, Greg

Cobra25
03-06-2006, 10:22 AM
Your list is getting mixed up.

1.Breadfan/Axles
2.Merc/Axles
6.Fordnut/Axles
8.Rich Long/LSD
11.the Punisher/Axles Is their some reason that my name is not on their any more?

TooManyFords
03-06-2006, 10:29 AM
I'm sure Greg's list is the one we're going off of. (no offense Kelly!) I'm guessing some members are using PMs to confirm this deal.

C'mon guys and gals! We only need a few more on the axles for the really good discounts!

John

MarauderTJA
03-06-2006, 12:37 PM
10 more sets to go! Greg worked this out with Moser run us a batch of axles already machined for the anti-lock sensors and wheel studs pressed in.

The drag racers in the bunch need to get all over this, especially if your supercharged and running drag radials or slicks. I've been reading up on this stuff and with an addition of a girdle and stud kit, this setup will go a long way to bulletproofing the rear end.

I toasted my stock Ford traction-lok limited slip after a couple dozen passes and now I'll be sitting on the side lines until I get resolved. Feeling like you can't hook up like you used to? Check this video out:
One wheel peels at the track (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/misc.php?do=downloadfile&i=1727)

Enough to ruin your fun for the day. Just think what a snapped axle would do? :help:

Yep JD, happened to me at FFW in Orlando on Saturday. Had a good et at 12.4 for run one on a tnt. Felt it start to go south on the second run at a 12.6, but let off at the 1200 foot mark (was qualifying on a 12.5 class).Totally toasted the Ford stock limited slip on run three with a 13.2 with a 2.099 sixty foot with a high 112.48 MPH. :mad: Figured I would get romped on eliminations so I went home on Sunday. I am done drag racing until I can get the new set up in and installed. Now I need it bad....:cool:

tmac1337
03-06-2006, 01:06 PM
Yep JD, happened to me at FFW in Orlando on Saturday. Had a good et at 12.4 for run one on a tnt. Felt it start to go south on the second run at a 12.6, but let off at the 1200 foot mark (was qualifying on a 12.5 class).Totally toasted the Ford stock limited slip on run three with a 13.2 with a 2.099 sixty foot with a high 112.48 MPH. :mad: Figured I would get romped on eliminations so I went home on Sunday. I am done drag racing until I can get the new set up in and installed. Now I need it bad....:cool:

Kudos to you Tom. I have noticed that you post consistent 12.3 and 12.4's with your car. Averaging.......you car is kick ass fast dependable! This posi unit set up and axles will hopefully be good for a couple tenths of a second.

tmac1337
03-06-2006, 01:08 PM
I take the Eaton Posi 31 Spline Unit with the Moser 31 Spline Axles- The Complete Package. Thank you.

YOU SON OF A BIAAAAATCCCHHHHHH! THATS IT! I'VE HAD IT......TIME TO KEEP UP WITH THE JONES'S. YOU GET IT, I GET IT TOO PAL!

snowbird
03-06-2006, 01:30 PM
I would go with the Eaton. It can be rebuilt. The Auburn has to be sent back to Auburn to be rebuilt. Just my penny's worth.

Greg,

I,m not ready for the 31 axles since i updated the gear and Auburn just a couple months ago when 31 axles were just dreams. Now, i'm happy for you guys for that special run.

My question is: Is there any chance Mosers will keep all the data necessary for another run say 1 year from now or should i order the axles now to stash them for the future ?

Cobra25
03-06-2006, 01:43 PM
YOU SON OF A BIAAAAATCCCHHHHHH! THATS IT! I'VE HAD IT......TIME TO KEEP UP WITH THE JONES'S. YOU GET IT, I GET IT TOO PAL! Now, Now ,Now ,did you really think I was going to wait and let you catch up. I have to somehow get the car where it should be ( Way ahead of you). Between this and the other thing I'm going to do & a little time somewhere I should be doing much better. No hard feelings my friend.

maraudernkc
03-06-2006, 03:06 PM
thanks it is fixed now

Maraudernkc your list from post #45 is different from this list

1.Breadfan/Axles
2.Merc/Axles
6.Fordnut/Axles
8.Rich Long/LSD
11.the Punisher/Axles

maraudernkc
03-06-2006, 03:13 PM

1.Breadfan/Axles
2.Merc/Axles
6.Fordnut/Axles
8.Rich Long/LSD
10.Mclemore102/Axles.
11.Thepunisher/Axles
12.Kelly/Complete kit
13. King Fubar/Complete kit

ON THE BUBBLE
sweetair
Tmac

That makes 8 LSD units

That makes 12 sets of Moser axles confirmed.

WE ONLY NEED 3 MORE SETS OF AXLES

We are at 8 LSD units and I will make sure you all get the 10 LSD unit price.

Thanks, Greg

maraudernkc
03-06-2006, 03:19 PM
Yvon, you won't see them at this price with the extras, like ,machined down for ABS ring and studs already pressed in. If you can afford them now, get them and stash them.

Greg,

I,m not ready for the 31 axles since i updated the gear and Auburn just a couple months ago when 31 axles were just dreams. Now, i'm happy for you guys for that special run.

My question is: Is there any chance Mosers will keep all the data necessary for another run say 1 year from now or should i order the axles now to stash them for the future ?

MarauderTJA
03-06-2006, 04:43 PM
Kudos to you Tom. I have noticed that you post consistent 12.3 and 12.4's with your car. Averaging.......you car is kick ass fast dependable! This posi unit set up and axles will hopefully be good for a couple tenths of a second.

Based on what some other cars have attained with the new rear ends, it should be realistic. Need to put "all" the power to the ground.

mclemore102
03-06-2006, 05:21 PM
Come on guys just three more sets of axles to get the good price:banana2:

snowbird
03-06-2006, 05:29 PM
Yvon, you won't see them at this price with the extras, like ,machined down for ABS ring and studs already pressed in. If you can afford them now, get them and stash them.
OK then. Add me for the 31 axles and the axles bearings & seals. You tell me when it's time to reach my pockets ... (!)

Thanks

TooManyFords
03-06-2006, 05:47 PM
He said stash....
:rasta:

maraudernkc
03-06-2006, 07:41 PM

1.Breadfan/Axles
2.Merc/Axles
6.Fordnut/Axles
8.Rich Long/LSD
10.Mclemore102/Axles.
11.Thepunisher/Axles
12.Kelly/Complete kit
14. Snowbird/Axles
14.Tmac/Coimplete kit

ON THE BUBBLE
sweetair

That makes 9 LSD units

That makes 14 sets of Moser axles confirmed.

WE ONLY NEED 1 MORE SETS OF AXLES

We are at 9 LSD units and I will make sure you all get the 10 LSD unit price.Thanks, Greg

O's Fan Rich
03-06-2006, 08:14 PM
Don't make me get out the new credit card.....

maraudernkc
03-06-2006, 08:23 PM
Rich, Let's break it in.

Don't make me get out the new credit card.....

maraudernkc
03-06-2006, 08:35 PM
I need the below members to email me @ greg@msg-llc.com with the following Information:

Full name
Address (No P.O. Boxes)
Phone Number
If you are buying a LSD unit, Which one do you want?
If buying just an LSD unit, do you want the install kit?
If buying just Axles, do you want axles bearings and seals?
Are you paying Check or Paypal (I perfer check but will take paypal)

My Paypal account is greg@msg-llc.com
Make checks payable to Greg mcMurray

My Address is

MSG
Greg McMurray
2100 Grand Blvd.
5th Floor
Kansas City, MO 64108

913/302-5780

If you have any questions, please call me at 913/302-5780

Thanks, Greg

1.Breadfan/Axles
2.Merc/Axles
6.Fordnut/Axles
8.Rich Long/LSD
10.Mclemore102/Axles
11.Thepunisher/Axles
12.Kelly/Complete kit
14. Snowbird/Axles
14.Tmac/Coimplete kit
15. BruteForce/Complete Kit

BruteForce
03-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Okay I'm in for a complete Eaton 31 spline kit w/axles and everything else. We have lift off gentlemen.

MikesMerc
03-06-2006, 10:10 PM
Wow....great job Greg! Looks like a lot fo folks are going to benefit here. I wish you ran this special last year:)

TooManyFords
03-07-2006, 06:08 AM
My question is, now that we've reached the magic number, are you going to wait till the 19th before purchasing the parts? Maybe if we get 15 above the minimum we can get an even better deal? I understand those that are in -dire need- of new parts will want them yesterday, and if it was me you KNOW IT!

Cheers!

john

maraudernkc
03-07-2006, 06:30 AM
Mike, thanks, I wish I could of helped you. How do you like your setup?

Wow....great job Greg! Looks like a lot fo folks are going to benefit here. I wish you ran this special last year:)

maraudernkc
03-07-2006, 06:38 AM
John we will order now. I just need to collect from everyone and we will have some parts.

My question is, now that we've reached the magic number, are you going to wait till the 19th before purchasing the parts? Maybe if we get 15 above the minimum we can get an even better deal? I understand those that are in -dire need- of new parts will want them yesterday, and if it was me you KNOW IT!

Cheers!

john

maraudernkc
03-07-2006, 06:57 AM
We have 15 Sets of Axles and 10LSD units. Below is the pricing. Make sure you take the cheaper prcing when putting your total together.

Do not forget to add freight.

If you are buying the complete kit than there are two freight charges.

If you are buying just the Axles or just the LSD unit, than there is only one freight charge.

Don't forget to add the Pinion bearing kit and Axle bearing and seal kit!

There is some sample pricing below.

Auburn EcTed 28 Spline / 545001 / $590.00 / $580.00
Auburn EcTecd31 Spline / 545002 / $590.00 / $580.00

Eaton 28 Spline / 19605 / $410.00 / $400.00
Eaton 31 Spline / 19588 / $410.00 / $400.00

Detroit True-Trac28 Spline / 912A962 / $440.00 / $430.00
Detroit True-Trac31 Spline / 913A561 / $440.00 / $430.00

MOSER AXLE PRICING / 1 + / 15 +

Sample price

Eaton Posi Unit $400.00
Ring and pinion kit $85.00
Axle bearings & Seals $30.00
Moser Axles (set) $242.00

Total------------------------------$ 802.00

I need the below members to email me @ greg@msg-llc.com with the following Information:

Full name
Address (No P.O. Boxes)
Phone Number
If you are buying a LSD unit, Which one do you want?
If buying just an LSD unit, do you want the install kit?
If buying just Axles, do you want axles bearings and seals?
Are you paying Check or Paypal (I perfer check but will take paypal)

My Paypal account is greg@msg-llc.com

My Address is

MSG
Greg
2100 Grand Blvd.
5th Floor
Kansas City, MO 64108

913/302-5780

If you have any questions, please call me at 913/302-5780

Thanks, Greg

1.Breadfan/Axles
2.Merc/Axles
6.Fordnut/Axles
8.Rich Long/LSD
10.Mclemore102/Axles
11.Thepunisher/Axles
12.Kelly/Complete kit
14. Snowbird/Axles
14.Tmac/Coimplete kit
15. BruteForce/Complete Kit

If anyone has any questions, give me a call, otherwise let's get the money in and get these parts moving.

It's racing season!

If anybody wants in, it's not to late yet.

Once everyone on the above list has paid, it will be too late!

Thanks to everyone who stepped up!

snowbird
03-07-2006, 07:09 AM
Greg, the money will be sent this noon. Thanks

Cobra25
03-07-2006, 07:30 AM
Greg, Info. sent to your e-mail address & check will be mailed today. Thank's.

maraudernkc
03-07-2006, 07:44 AM
Yvon, I will need to get a quote on shipping to Canada. Email me your info and phone number.

Thanks, Greg

Greg, the money will be sent this noon. Thanks

BruteForce
03-07-2006, 07:52 AM
Email sent last night... PayPal sent this morning.

maraudernkc
03-07-2006, 08:13 AM
I just talked to Ralph at Auburn and they have a brand new program.

Here is the deal.

If you buy an Auburn LSD unit, they will put a 4 Year Warranty on it. They will replace it with a brand new unit, not a rebuilt unit.

How it works:

You go to the track and blow your LSD unit up. You call Auburn and order a new one. They charge your credit card for full retail and send you a brand new unit out. You send your old unit back and they refund your credit card 100%, no questions asked. This is a brand new program.

With close to 500RWHP there may be no safe LSD unit.

Just some food for thought.

Let me know what you want.

Breadfan
03-07-2006, 09:23 AM
Any idea what to add for shipping or do you get quotes based on addresses? FYI I'm 22315

errr...for axles that is. You know thats probably why you want emails. :)

So, if you have more than 15 for the axles is it bad for one to drop out??? I don't really plan to, but if it wouldn't harm the group buy I'd consider since I'm honestly not going to install the axles for 6mo-1yr...even then it's such a good deal I'm happy to have them sit on the shelf. Just a thought.

Brings up a good question - is there anything special I need to do to store them? They may sit on the shelf for awhile, want to be sure they don't need special protection from the elements....i.e. do they come bare or in a box, etc.

Sorry for all the questions. :) I'll have my paypal asap.

King Fubar
03-07-2006, 12:36 PM
Info and PayPal sent....

maraudernkc
03-07-2006, 01:39 PM
Breadfan, we need you. Add $25.00 for shipping. If there sitting around, just spay them with WD-40

Any idea what to add for shipping or do you get quotes based on addresses? FYI I'm 22315

errr...for axles that is. You know thats probably why you want emails. :)

So, if you have more than 15 for the axles is it bad for one to drop out??? I don't really plan to, but if it wouldn't harm the group buy I'd consider since I'm honestly not going to install the axles for 6mo-1yr...even then it's such a good deal I'm happy to have them sit on the shelf. Just a thought.

Brings up a good question - is there anything special I need to do to store them? They may sit on the shelf for awhile, want to be sure they don't need special protection from the elements....i.e. do they come bare or in a box, etc.

Sorry for all the questions. :) I'll have my paypal asap.

Breadfan
03-07-2006, 01:41 PM
No sweat, certainly not trying to back out, I'm a sucker for good deals and want to go 31spline eventually - best grab these parts at this price rather than eat it later. :)

PayPal is on it's way tonight and I'll hit 'em up with some WD-40 when they come in. ;)

Who knows, I get the axles and I may be motivated to have this work done sooner!

maraudernkc
03-07-2006, 05:08 PM
Below is the status on memebers who have contacted me and or have made payment. If you have not contacted me, please do so we can get everyones parts ordered and on the way.

Thanks, Greg

1.Breadfan/Axles/Paid via Paypal
2.Merc/Axles
3.Toomanyfords/Complete package/Sending check
4.Hwycruiser/Complete packagae/Sending check
6.Fordnut/Axles/Paid via Paypal
7.MarauderTJA/Complete packagae/Sending check
8.Rich Long/LSD/Paid via Paypal
9.Cobra25/Complete package/Sending check
10.Mclemore102/Axles/Paid via Paypal
11.Thepunisher/Axles/Sending check
12.Kelly/Complete kit/Sending check
13. King Fubar/Complete kit/Paid via Paypal
14. Snowbird/Axles/Sending check
14.Tmac/Coimplete kit/Sending check
15. BruteForce/Complete Kit/Paid via Paypal
16.Rick N Miami/Complete kit/Paid via Paypal
Just 3 members left to arrange payment. Moving right along.

BruteForce
03-07-2006, 05:15 PM
Where am I? The fumes are getting to me. It's hard to keep up with all this Brute=Scott etc. LOL!

Brute is paid. He just forget to mention his MM.net name in the PayPal payment. DOH! :rolleyes:

PS. I also sent you email under my real name too (Scott March). Keep forgetting to identify myself.

Breadfan
03-07-2006, 05:27 PM
I sent my email to you and also sent Paypal. My paypal address is different than my work email I emailed you from. Username is mokonski on the paypal email...

So email and payment sent.

Thanks for saving us some bucks!!!

Now I'm gonna go see if I can break an axle. ;)

J/K, but I'm happy, I've got a large piece of the puzzle now for when I decide to do a bulletproof 8.8 buildup for the MM. The axles sound like the one part that's most custom and hard to find. :)

TooManyFords
03-07-2006, 05:42 PM
Greg,

I saved you the PayPal 3% ding and mailed the check tonight. Guess I haven't used that old cleche "the check's in the mail' in a long time.

Thanks again!

John

TooManyFords
03-07-2006, 05:44 PM
And those of you using PayPal, be sure to tip Greg a little extra to cover the PayPal rape fee... He's really put together an awesome deal for us all.

Cheers!

john

snowbird
03-07-2006, 06:13 PM
Yvon, I will need to get a quote on shipping to Canada. Email me your info and phone number.

Thanks, Greg

Greg,
INFO sent by MMNET Email; For some reasons, the other Emailadress didn't work.

297$ also sent at lunch time at MSG. PM me the difference in fee and i'll send another "letter".

Thanks

HwyCruiser
03-07-2006, 08:24 PM
Wow, that went pretty quick... seven days and a done deal. Thanks Greg for putting this together and to everyone that got in on the group buy to reach the qty discount. :bows: For the people still thinking hard about this, it sounds like there's still time to slip in under the wire while the mail is being delivered.

Now to get installation lined up. Anyone have a good idea on how long an axles/limited slip job should take a qualified mechanic to knock out? Just looking to ballpark labor.

tmac1337
03-07-2006, 10:01 PM
Greg, check in the mail.

tmac1337
03-07-2006, 10:07 PM
P.S. My wallet hates you!

Also I think you are in desperate need of Viagra........your signature picture keeps shrinking.......is there a problem?:eek:

snowbird
03-08-2006, 04:10 AM
Now to get installation lined up. Anyone have a good idea on how long an axles/limited slip job should take a qualified mechanic to knock out? Just looking to ballpark labor.
IMO, count 3-4 hours if the old axles are not too much rust soldered, by somebody who do rear end for a living. Smashing the back end of an Escape doesn't count !:)

O's Fan Rich
03-08-2006, 05:02 AM
PayPal sent, Greg.

Breadfan
03-08-2006, 06:39 AM
Greg - thanks for this service!

Sent you a few more bucks to cover the PayPal fee.

For those paying via PayPal, I didn't realize this at the time, but soudns like they're hitting Greg up with a 3% service fee. For his trouble getting the group buy up and being a nice guy and letting us do PayPal not knowing if he'll have to eat the 3% might be nice to hit him up with a few extra bucks to cover that 3% - sure beats VA state tax if I had bought them locally. ;)

maraudernkc
03-08-2006, 07:23 AM
Thank you very much.

They do get you. On $800.00 they nail you for about $24.00

Again, thanks

Greg - thanks for this service!

Sent you a few more bucks to cover the PayPal fee.

For those paying via PayPal, I didn't realize this at the time, but soudns like they're hitting Greg up with a 3% service fee. For his trouble getting the group buy up and being a nice guy and letting us do PayPal not knowing if he'll have to eat the 3% might be nice to hit him up with a few extra bucks to cover that 3% - sure beats VA state tax if I had bought them locally. ;)

maraudernkc
03-08-2006, 09:13 AM
Below is the updated status on memebers who have contacted me and or have made payment. If you have not contacted me, please do so we can get everyones parts ordered and on the way.

2.Merc/Axles/Sending check
3.Toomanyfords/Complete package/Paid
5.Buckwheat/Complete pacakage/Sending Check
9.Cobra25/Complete package/Paid
12.Kelly/Complete kit/Paid
17.Joe Walsh/Axles/Paid via Paypal
18.Shakes26/Axles/Paid via Paypal
19.Sweetair/Axles/Sending check

Everyone has now contacted me and above is an update of what I have received as of March 13th.

Thanks, Greg

Joe Walsh
03-08-2006, 06:35 PM
Greg, Can I still get in on the 31 spline axles??
I will 'PM' you as well.
Thanks, Joe

maraudernkc
03-09-2006, 02:28 PM
Joe, your in the 31 spline club! Just paypal me.

Thanks, Greg

Greg, Can I still get in on the 31 spline axles??
I will 'PM' you as well.
Thanks, Joe

shakes_26
03-09-2006, 08:39 PM
Greg,

i'll take a set of axles, axle bearing/seals , I'll send you paypal. Paypal sent

Thanks for putting on this excellent group buy.This is a real service to the Marauder community.

Anyone serious about making power, you need to get in on this deal. Your OEM rears will not hold up to the abuse!

1.Breadfan/Axles
2.Merc/Axles
6.Fordnut/Axles
8.Rich Long/LSD
10.Mclemore102/Axles.
11.Thepunisher/Axles
12.Kelly/Complete kit

ON THE BUBBLE
sweetair
Tmac

That makes 8 LSD units

That makes 12 sets of Moser axles confirmed.

WE ONLY NEED 3 MORE SETS OF AXLES

We are at 8 LSD units and I will make sure you all get the 10 LSD unit price.

Thanks, Greg

Joe Walsh
03-10-2006, 04:26 PM
Greg, I just sent $267.00 via PayPal for the 31 spline Moser axles.
Thank You for setting this group buy up!:2thumbs:

maraudernkc
03-12-2006, 11:11 AM
Buckwheat, are you still in on this group buy?

You are the only one that I have not heard from.

Let me know.

O's Fan Rich
03-12-2006, 12:37 PM
Buckwheat, are you still in on this group buy?

You are the only one that I have not heard from.

Let me know.

Greg, my offer still stands.

BUCKWHEAT
03-12-2006, 08:36 PM
Greg, hell yes I'm in. The car is making such bad noises, that I parked it today. No more MM till I get the stuff from your group buy! Thanks for the effort. I for one appreciate it.

John

Joe Walsh
03-12-2006, 09:01 PM
Thank you very much.

They do get you. On $800.00 they nail you for about $24.00

Again, thanks

Greg, I just sent you another $8.00 to cover my 3% PayPal fee.
I didn't realize that they hit you with that. Again, Thank You for organizing this group buy!
Joe

maraudernkc
03-13-2006, 10:23 AM
Below is the updated status on memebers who have made payment. If you have not sent your payment to me, please do so we can get everyones parts ordered and on the way.

3.Toomanyfords/Complete package/Paid
5.Buckwheat/Complete pacakage/Sending Check
9.Cobra25/Complete package/Paid
12.Kelly/Complete kit/Paid
19.Sweetair/Axles/Sending check

Everyone has now contacted me and above is an update of what payments, I have received as of March 13th.

Thanks, Greg

Cobra25
03-13-2006, 04:50 PM
Greg please change My order from the Eaton 31 spline to the Detroit True Trac 31 Spline. I'll have the check out tommarrow with the $30 extra dollars. thanks.

Joe Walsh
03-13-2006, 05:10 PM
Greg please change My order from the Eaton 31 spline to the Detroit True Trac 31 Spline. I'll have the check out tommarrow with the $30 extra dollars. thanks.

I've already got an Auburn 31 spline Differential on the shelf in my basement, but I REALLY like that True Trac.
Can anyone tell me the difference, if any, between the Detroit True Trac and the Zexel/Torsen unit?
I bought an Auburn some time ago for my Mustang because the 'scuttle-butt' was that the Zexel/Torsen differentials did not hold up at the drag strip.:dunno:

HwyCruiser
03-13-2006, 06:15 PM
I've already got an Auburn 31 spline Differential on the shelf in my basement, but I REALLY like that True Trac.
Can anyone tell me the difference, if any, between the Detroit True Trac and the Zexel/Torsen unit?
I bought an Auburn some time ago for my Mustang because the 'scuttle-butt' was that the Zexel/Torsen differentials did not hold up at the drag strip.:dunno:

Joe, I've been driving myself nuts on the TrueTrac vs. Eaton decision. There's some Mustang owners out there that swear by them and they're launching off of a 5000 rpm drop. :eek:

I emailed DetroitLocker about a Marauder application and got a pretty informative response from the aftermarket sales manager. The only thing he cautioned me on is the smaller carrier for the 8.8" ring gear might be boarderline for such a heavy car especially with a blower, shorter gears, drag radials, etc.

From what he said there are Lightnings doing 10's and 11's on the 9.75" carrier and not having any problems with them. I guess I can't blame him for being cautious since there isn't any track history with them in our cars. Maybe it's about due for some testing. :burnout:

tmac1337
03-13-2006, 08:11 PM
Greg, Don't order me an Eaton until I mull this True Trac over as well. It looks good.

tmac1337
03-13-2006, 08:12 PM
I emailed DetroitLocker about a Marauder application and got a pretty informative response from the aftermarket sales manager. The only thing he cautioned me on is the smaller carrier for the 8.8" ring gear might be boarderline for such a heavy car especially with a blower, shorter gears, drag radials, etc.

From what he said there are Lightnings doing 10's and 11's on the 9.75" carrier and not having any problems with them. I guess I can't blame him for being cautious since there isn't any track history with them in our cars. Maybe it's about due for some testing. :burnout:

Tom, you've been doing some investigating. Call me if you have discussed this.

merc
03-13-2006, 08:47 PM
:

How much do you think the 03/04 Mustang Cobra weights ? I think the number is 3800 pounds. So 600 hundred additional pounds will crack the 8.8 egg. I think Marty, Zack, an Mac would have something to say about this...

HwyCruiser
03-13-2006, 08:57 PM
How much do you think the 03/04 Mustang Cobra weights ?

Merc, I'm just passing the concerns their aftermarket sales manager shared with me. I don't know how equivalent the 03/04 Cobra rearend is to ours, but don't they have IRS? Any better or worse for torque on the carrier?

I'm not trying to talk anyone out of this, as a matter of fact I'm trying to talk myself into it because of the good things I've heard about a torsen limited slip. I would definately beef the case up with a girdle and stud the carrier caps though, which I already have covered.

merc
03-13-2006, 09:02 PM
I know what you are saying. I would love to have a locking rear that performs better on the track. I am looking forward to your results.

Cobra25
03-14-2006, 06:51 AM
After reading the Bradenton thread ,Reading Tallboys post #13 & seeing that Jerry Barns put the Detroit Locker 31 spline in his Marauder ,used a 100 shot of nitrous & Hoosier slicks and did a 11.4 in the 1/4 mile I think it's safe to assume that the Detroit Locker will hold up in our Marauders.

MarauderTJA
03-14-2006, 07:24 AM
After reading the Bradenton thread ,Reading Tallboys post #13 & seeing that Jerry Barns put the Detroit Locker 31 spline in his Marauder ,used a 100 shot of nitrous & Hoosier slicks and did a 11.4 in the 1/4 mile I think it's safe to assume that the Detroit Locker will hold up in our Marauders.

I have decided to go with the Detroit Truetrac w/31 spline axles. At the NMRA meet in Bradenton this past weekend I spoke with several drag racer friends there including Tony and Jim Briante about the Detroit Truetrac. Everyone had positive things to say about the unit. I was told that Eaton bought Detroit Locker just because of the Truetrac. A stud girdle was recommended as well for additional insurance, which will be installed in my car at the time of the install. Jerry Barnes Trilogy One with Don Walsh driving also pulled a 1.5 sixty foot with slicks on the car. I believe it is the way to go. Steel gears vs clutches. Also they offer a one year warranty on the unit.

tmac1337
03-14-2006, 11:41 AM
I don't mind experimenting a little. Truetrac it is.

Does anyone know what the recommended oil for this unit is?

HwyCruiser
03-14-2006, 04:26 PM
Cool, thanks for the info! TrueTrac it is.

MI2QWK4U
03-14-2006, 04:39 PM
Is the ordering closed?

maraudernkc
03-14-2006, 06:39 PM
Dave, just let me know what you want, consider yourself in.

Thanks, Greg

Is the ordering closed?

Tallboy
03-14-2006, 07:05 PM

Yep. I'll tell you what, any of you guys who have gone to a smaller pulley or have cars that are a little more "extreme" than mine, this is definetly the way to go. Wait 'till you see how beefy this stuff is-you'll never have to worry again.

If I hadn't gotten my Eaton 28 spline for Christmas, I'd be all over this group buy. Anyone "on the fence" should just step up now and save yourself a ton of money.

Greg-the prices you've put together on this are fantastic! You are to be commended for doing a real service to this community...:beer:

thePunisher
03-14-2006, 08:28 PM
ivew been running the detroit locker for over 5 years now in my lightning. it weighs over 4200#s. it has well over 400 passes on it with slicks, spraying and boosting out of the hole... 1.56 short times...and ive never even had the cover off it since its been installed. there is no stronger unit other than a spool for the 8.8! period! ive seen the eatons and auburns get chewed alive in other lightnings.....but they seem to live ok in the cars. ive got the eaton coming for my marauder this week.

Joe Walsh
03-14-2006, 09:04 PM
ivew been running the detroit locker for over 5 years now in my lightning. it weighs over 4200#s. it has well over 400 passes on it with slicks, spraying and boosting out of the hole... 1.56 short times...and ive never even had the cover off it since its been installed. there is no stronger unit other than a spool for the 8.8! period! ive seen the eatons and auburns get chewed alive in other lightnings.....but they seem to live ok in the cars. ive got the eaton coming for my marauder this week.

I think that we are getting the Detroit Locker confused with the Detroit TrueTrac.
No question a Detroit Locker is bulletproof, but a Detroit TrueTrac is a torque sensing, parallel gear differential.
A Detroit TrueTrac is NOT as strong as a Detroit Locker. (which is basically a ratcheting spool)

tmac1337
03-14-2006, 10:16 PM
Truetrac :banana: Truetrac :banana: Truetrac

thePunisher
03-15-2006, 04:51 AM

this is the quote i was going off of....but if you are talking about the true-trac that is similar to the torsen diffs...they are really designed for road racing. they dont like to be shocked... like from a hard, slicked launch...and in this case they do break. they have the internal worm gears....

MarauderTJA
03-15-2006, 06:58 AM
I think that we are getting the Detroit Locker confused with the Detroit TrueTrac.
No question a Detroit Locker is bulletproof, but a Detroit TrueTrac is a torque sensing, parallel gear differential.
A Detroit TrueTrac is NOT as strong as a Detroit Locker. (which is basically a ratcheting spool)

Your 100% right Joe. But you cannot drive a Detroit Locker on the street. With the Truetrac you can and still have the drag strip capability which based on my research have a stronger unit than a clutch type LSD.

MarauderTJA
03-15-2006, 07:02 AM
this is the quote i was going off of....but if you are talking about the true-trac that is similar to the torsen diffs...they are really designed for road racing. they dont like to be shocked... like from a hard, slicked launch...and in this case they do break. they have the internal worm gears....

I did some substanial research on this and I cannot find one documented incident with the Truetrac breaking from a drag radial or slick launch since its release. With Trilogy's One launch and a 1.5 sixty foot with fat slicks last Saturday, I am confident it will hold up extremely well with drag radials to which most us have on our cars that drag race.

thePunisher
03-15-2006, 08:23 AM
i i drove my locker all over on the street. the truck was my daily driver at the time when i installed it. its not as loud/clunky as the 9in version. i thiunk it is plenty streetable. as far as true-trac breaking...im goin strictly by info from the lightning crowd.

MarauderTJA
03-15-2006, 11:14 AM
i i drove my locker all over on the street. the truck was my daily driver at the time when i installed it. its not as loud/clunky as the 9in version. i thiunk it is plenty streetable. as far as true-trac breaking...im goin strictly by info from the lightning crowd.

I had an earlier supercharged 93 Mustang Cobra with a Detroit locker and it could be driven on the street, but was terrible. Tires dragged when making turns and overall I ended taking the unit out. I don't know where the Lightning crowd has been hearing this becuase I can't find anything negative about the unit at all.

tmac1337
03-15-2006, 11:36 AM
I'm only going to use my widened rims and Nitto's at the track, which will be very infrequently, so the Truetrac will do nicely on the street for me. I only used my Locker to take to Band Camp and back.

maraudernkc
03-16-2006, 07:56 AM
Below is the updated status on memebers who have have made payment. If you have not made payment to me, please do so, so we can get everyones parts ordered and on the way.

PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT I HAVE YOU DOWN FOR THE RIGHT LSD UNIT.

3.Toomanyfords/Complete package/Paid/ECTED
4.Hwycruiser/Complete packagae/Paid/TRUETRAC
5.Buckwheat/Complete pacakage/Paid/AUBURN
7.MarauderTJA/Complete packagae/Paid/TRUETRAC
8.Rich Long/LSD/Paid via Paypal/EATON
9.Cobra25/Complete package/Paid/TRUETRAC
12.Kelly/Complete kit/Paid/EATON
13. King Fubar/Complete kit/Paid via Paypal/EATON
14. Snowbird/Axles/Paid
14.Tmac/Coimplete kit/Paid/TRUETRAC
15. BruteForce/Complete Kit/Paid via Paypal/EATON
16.Rick N Miami/Complete kit/Paid via Paypal/EATON
19.Sweetair/Axles/Paid

This is upadted as of March 16th. Below are members that I have not received payment from as of March 16th.

Merc
ThePunisher

Thanks, Greg

maraudernkc
03-16-2006, 09:27 AM
I just Ordered an ABS Exciter ring from Ray the dealer to send to Moser.This is pressed on. Just want to make sure everything is right with 19 sets of axles. They will have it next Week. There turn around time is only two or three Days at Moser.

thePunisher
03-16-2006, 12:23 PM
the check went out monday....should see it very soon ....

maraudernkc
03-16-2006, 12:26 PM
Thanks, we will be closed on Friday because the St. Patricks Day Parade takes over Downtown. Alot of drunk people drinking green beer that are not Irish but it's a party.

the check went out monday....should see it very soon ....

MarauderTJA
03-17-2006, 07:10 AM
FYI - Found out via a flyer to my house yesterday that Detroit Truetrac is the sponsor of the National NMCA Drag Racing series at Bradenton in April 7-9. This is the muscle car & hot rod racing series that drag races at major tracks throughout the United States.

MI2QWK4U
03-17-2006, 02:24 PM
Greg,
PM me the mailing address for a check. Im deciding whether or not I want one or two sets.
Dave

merc
03-17-2006, 02:31 PM
Check sent.......a few days ago:beer:

SergntMac
03-17-2006, 04:26 PM
14. Snowbird/Axles/Paid
19.Sweetair/Axles/Paid
OMG! This is an awesome response to one group buy! Several choices and options to pick from, and it all seems to be moving forward smoothly. My sincere congrats, Greg, this is one supercharged GB, the likes we have not seen here before.

Gents...Hope y'all have some kind of improved control arm in place, 'cause these mods to your Marauder are going to be as awesome. Your choices are billet aluminum with poly bushings from Metco, and tubular .125 wall steel with OEM rubber bushings from Zack and Mac.

Which ever you prefer, please consider one of these kits 'cause there's no sense in putting power to the wheels, if they can't control the pavement.

Just my .02C, best wishes, carry on.

tmac1337
03-17-2006, 04:29 PM
Hope y'all have some kind of improved control arm in place, 'cause these mods to your Marauder are going to be awesome.

Your choices are billet aluminum with poly bushings from Metco, and tubular steel with rubber from Zack and Mack. Which ever you prefer, you should consider one of these kits, 'cause there's no sense in putting power to the wheels, if they can't grab the ground.

Just my .02C, gents. Best wishes, carry on.

Do I hear you offering some super deal on the M & Z arms?

SergntMac
03-17-2006, 04:42 PM
Do I hear you offering some super deal on the M & Z arms? I would not call it a "super deal", Tim, it is what it is at today's prices.

Rather than de-rail this thread with a sales pitch, please look in the Garage?

tmac1337
03-17-2006, 04:47 PM
I would not call it a "super deal", Tim, it is what it is at today's prices.

Rather than de-rail this thread with a sales pitch, please look in the Garage?

My bad, I just found the other thread ref. the CA's.

HwyCruiser
03-18-2006, 12:51 PM
Looks like the orders are going to be released next week once all the checks-in-the-mail are in hand.

:banana:

I was talking with my installer and he said if I'm going to 4.30's the time to do it is during the diff / axle swap. Greg told me he would inquire with his diff supplier to see what kind of deal he could put together on gears.

Anyone else interested in a group buy on gears "while you're in there?"

BruteForce
03-18-2006, 01:27 PM
Oh sure now you speak up. :( I already ordered my 4.56 gears (up from current 4.10) from Wes. :banana2:

MarauderTJA
03-18-2006, 07:05 PM
Looks like the orders are going to be released next week once all the checks-in-the-mail are in hand.

:banana:

I was talking with my installer and he said if I'm going to 4.30's the time to do it is during the diff / axle swap. Greg told me he would inquire with his diff supplier to see what kind of deal he could put together on gears.

Anyone else interested in a group buy on gears "while you're in there?"

Geez JD..:help: Ordered my new posi-unit with axles &&$$ (had to, mine is toasted), now why it is apart I might as well put in a TA rear end stud girdle kit $$$, as well as some Metco control arms as well$$$$ to keep the power to the ground, of course much needed equirement for this project, and what the hell, why not go for some 4.40 gear as well $$$ while the rear is all apart. Never mind labor $$$$.:flamer:. And I haven't even started on my forged motor:confused:

But regardless, ya gotta love this stuff:D

Pissssss....can't let the wife know anything here.....:argue: or it will cost me big bucks for her love of diamonds. They are just not the same as cool car mods...I just can't understand why she does not understand or agree with me...

Either way I will be paying....and paying to keep HER happy.:stupid: < me

HwyCruiser
03-18-2006, 08:01 PM
I hear ya Tom... I don't drink or do drugs, I don't gamble, and I don't run around with loose women - I can't afford them on top of my Marauder habit, lol.

Seriously, the 4.10's are killing me when I glance down and see plenty of rpm and boost to cover at the end of the 1/4. Going to all the problem of tearing down the rear end and not swapping the pinion gear for a proper racing gear would keep me up at night.

Gears gears gears. :sleepy:

TooManyFords
03-19-2006, 06:30 AM
I'd like to see a shiny hiney GB... Maybe get TA to Engrave "MARAUDER" across the back instead of their logo...

Like JD, since I'll have her opened up anyway...

And while everyone is under there, get some POR-15 to get those axle tubes looking brand new too.

Cheers

John

MarauderTJA
03-19-2006, 07:21 AM
I hear ya Tom... I don't drink or do drugs, I don't gamble, and I don't run around with loose women - I can't afford them on top of my Marauder habit, lol.

Seriously, the 4.10's are killing me when I glance down and see plenty of rpm and boost to cover at the end of the 1/4. Going to all the problem of tearing down the rear end and not swapping the pinion gear for a proper racing gear would keep me up at night.

Gears gears gears. :sleepy:

Yeah I'm having the same problem JD....ponder, wonder, etc etc. A buddy of mine Bootlegger has 4.30's in his car. He said he is running about 200 RPM more at 75 on the highway than my 4.10's. That is acceptable. But your right, on the big end, the rpm's should be right where they need to be at around 6000 with the 4.30's. :rolleyes: Ah what the hell, go for it, just do it..:bows: ..If you do JD, I will too....

MarauderTJA
03-19-2006, 07:24 AM
I'd like to see a shiny hiney GB... Maybe get TA to Engrave "MARAUDER" across the back instead of their logo...

Like JD, since I'll have her opened up anyway...

And while everyone is under there, get some POR-15 to get those axle tubes looking brand new too.

Cheers

John

John with all the bling you are doing to your engine and car in general, you should have it polished and engraved.....why stop there:D

thePunisher
03-19-2006, 06:25 PM
hey just wondering if ya got my check yet????

maraudernkc
03-19-2006, 07:17 PM
I don't know, I did not go into the office on Friday because of the St. Patrick's Day parade. I will check Monday.

hey just wondering if ya got my check yet????

maraudernkc
03-20-2006, 06:39 PM
:) Everyone has paid and I will order the parts on Tuesday, March 21st.

PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT I HAVE YOU DOWN FOR THE RIGHT LSD UNIT.

2.Merc/Axles/Paid
11.Thepunisher/Axles/Paid
14. Snowbird/Axles/Paid
19.Sweetair/Axles/Paid

All the above members have now paid. I will order parts on Tuesday, March 21st.

Thanks, Greg

TooManyFords
03-20-2006, 06:44 PM
No, Greg,

THANK YOU!!!

BruteForce
03-20-2006, 07:26 PM
Kewl man...

martyo
03-20-2006, 08:21 PM
Greg: Although I did not participate in the this purhcase, I want to say I think you did a nice job for the members who bought in. :up:

maraudernkc
03-20-2006, 08:36 PM
Marty, Thank you!:)

Greg: Although I did not participate in the this purhcase, I want to say I think you did a nice job for the members who bought in. :up:

thePunisher
03-21-2006, 04:27 AM
yeah good job man. hopefully more buys like this will show up in the future....

maraudernkc
03-24-2006, 09:20 AM
ALL LSD/POSI UNITS SHIPPED ON MARCH 23rd.

MOSER HAS SHIPPED ONE SET OF AXLES TO HWYCRUISER HERE IN KANSAS CITY.

MOSER WANT US TO TRY ONE FIRST AND MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS OK, BEFORE THEY SHIP OUT 20 SETS.

I THINK THAT IS A GOOD THING!

HwyCruiser
03-24-2006, 04:05 PM
ALL LSD/POSI UNITS SHIPPED ON MARCH 23rd.

MOSER HAS SHIPPED ONE SET OF AXLES TO HWYCRUISER HERE IN KANSAS CITY.

MOSER WANT US TO TRY ONE FIRST AND MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS OK, BEFORE THEY SHIP OUT 20 SETS.

I THINK THAT IS A GOOD THING!

I made an appointment for a Tuesday installation on the assumption that everything gets here on Monday. Everything, including new 4:30 gears, will be installed by a Ford certified tech.

MarauderTJA
03-25-2006, 09:34 AM
I made an appointment for a Tuesday installation on the assumption that everything gets here on Monday. Everything, including new 4:30 gears, will be installed by a Ford certified tech.

GO Baby GO and let us know:drive: about the new unit and those 4.30 gears..... I'm sitting here just :drool: and waiting:alone: .

HwyCruiser
03-25-2006, 07:20 PM
GO Baby GO and let us know:drive: about the new unit and those 4.30 gears..... I'm sitting here just :drool: and waiting:alone: .

Since I was already talking to my installer about getting one this as soon as the parts came in, Greg is having Moser send me the first set to make sure everything goes together correctly.

If something does need to be changed we'll just deal with it, but I'm not too worried about it. At least these guys are concerned enough about quality to take this extra step and make sure they get it right for everyone. We'll know by Tuesday or Wednesday!

PS: Have you ordered your gears yet? :poke:

sweetair
03-25-2006, 07:51 PM
Let's hear some good news about the install. I', sure it will be fantastic..

MarauderTJA
03-26-2006, 08:06 AM
Since I was already talking to my installer about getting one this as soon as the parts came in, Greg is having Moser send me the first set to make sure everything goes together correctly.

If something does need to be changed we'll just deal with it, but I'm not too worried about it. At least these guys are concerned enough about quality to take this extra step and make sure they get it right for everyone. We'll know by Tuesday or Wednesday!

PS: Have you ordered your gears yet? :poke:

It was a good idea for Greg to have you test the axles to make sure everything is OK for the rest of us. Would have been a nightmare if there were problems. I'm sure it will all go together fine for you. Anxious to hear how everything works togeher on your car.

I am ordering the Metco CA's, stud girdle kit and most likely the gears as well. Might as well get everything done at the same time. I only wish my Baer brakes were here. I still have around 6 weeks to go before getting them from Baer. :rolleyes:

Let me know what you think of the 4.30's with our PC set-up on the highway. It will be interesting to see what rpm the car is turning at 75 MPH. IF your happy, I will get them put in my car during the entire install. I have a couple of weeks. Should receive the Trutrac this week, I'll be in Dallas/Ft Worth working next week. Hopefully I will get the axles the week of April 10th and get everything installed then. Can't wait.

Rick-n-Miami
03-27-2006, 02:02 PM
I received my Eaton today; it looks very cool! I can't wait for the axles!

maraudernkc
03-27-2006, 02:54 PM
Rick, was everything packed properly?

Rick-n-Miami
03-27-2006, 02:56 PM
Seemed so, I didn't see anything wrong with it. The posi unit itself smelled like a bunch of rotten eggs, but I guess they do :)

Rick, was everything packed properly?

King Fubar
03-27-2006, 05:18 PM

Got my big white box too. :banana2:

HwyCruiser
03-27-2006, 06:02 PM
Wow, these things are heavy. Looks like I won a free ABS ring!

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=89 34&stc=1&d=1143507683

Gears are due in tommorrow, then it's off to the shop...

TooManyFords
03-27-2006, 07:00 PM
I hope I win an Auburn or Moser cap in mine. Or maybe a big ProCharger banner for the game room!

:D

John

BUCKWHEAT
03-27-2006, 08:13 PM
and no, no hat inclded, but I did get two dinky little Auburn decals. Looking forward to the axles. Got the Metco driveshaft loop as well. Itchin to get it together.
Let's see how the Auburn holds together!

I hope I win an Auburn or Moser cap in mine. Or maybe a big ProCharger banner for the game room!

:D

John

MarauderTJA
03-28-2006, 07:15 AM
My Detroit Trutrac got here yesterday. Once the axles arrive it's off to get it all installed. Can't wait.

Cobra25
03-29-2006, 04:53 AM
My Detroit Trutrac got here yesterday. Once the axles arrive it's off to get it all installed. Can't wait. Got mine the other day too.

thePunisher
03-30-2006, 04:31 AM
any word on the axles yet???

maraudernkc
03-30-2006, 08:47 AM
HWYCRUSER, has his car at one of our local Mercury dealers. We will know today if everything is ok and than it will take Moser two Days to get them all out.

any word on the axles yet???

HwyCruiser
03-30-2006, 05:41 PM
Sorry for the delay on the install guys. The gears held me up an extra day so I got bumped by another job. :banghead:

Work started on the rear-end today, and if it isn't finished already it'll be ready in the morning. My service manager said everything seemed to be in order with the parts and the tech was all over it as of 2pm. I'll get Greg know as soon as she rolls out of the shop so he can have Moser fire up the lathes for the rest of the group buy.

The 4.30 tune is in the Predator and ready to load. Now where are those gear break-in procedures?

MarauderTJA
03-30-2006, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the update JD. Let us know how that bad boy puts the power to the pavement tomorrow.:D

BruteForce
03-30-2006, 06:01 PM
LSD showed up today. Party at Brute's house! :party:

O's Fan Rich
03-30-2006, 08:19 PM
Got my Eaton today...
I knew I forgot to tell my wife something...

snowbird
03-30-2006, 09:36 PM
The 4.30 tune is in the Predator and ready to load. Now where are those gear break-in procedures?

JD,

If it would be me, i would go for a smooth light load 1000 miles breaking in miles for the gears. For the axles, in the first few rides, being awake of any strange noise coming up from the rears end ,... But, how does the installer feel about the install, any inputs ? Hard to press in ABS gears, bearings so on ,. ? Maybe some members would like to comments about those issues ? If you went though the install, its already a good sign ...

HwyCruiser
03-31-2006, 06:54 PM
I picked her up from the shop today after work. My service manager said everything went fine, no problems at all. They pressed on new ABS rings instead of trying to pry off and re-use the old ones (pn: 3W1Z-2C189-AA, Indicator Asy, $59.86 ea list according to the ticket). Used 3 qts of Motorcraft 75W140 synth gear lube.

The only thing I noticed was a faint clicking noise echoing off the curb while decelerating. I've read that the TrueTrac will be a bit noisy for the first 200 miles or so and will click during coast so I was expecting worse. Going to give it some more seat time this weekend and I will try to go easy for the first 1000 miles (heck, who am I kidding? :D).

I called Greg to let him know everything went as planned, and he's going to call Moser on Monday to have them run the rest of the sets for the group buy.

stevengerard
03-31-2006, 09:13 PM
thanks for the update, now for wider wheels.

snowbird
04-01-2006, 04:34 AM
I called Greg to let him know everything went as planned, and he's going to call Moser on Monday to have them run the rest of the sets for the group buy.

Thanks for the update. Great news !:)

MarauderTJA
04-01-2006, 09:27 AM
Thanks JD. Thanks for the update. My install is scheduled for April 18th.

Cobra25
04-01-2006, 04:29 PM
I picked her up from the shop today after work. My service manager said everything went fine, no problems at all. They pressed on new ABS rings instead of trying to pry off and re-use the old ones (pn: 3W1Z-2C189-AA, Indicator Asy, $59.86 ea list according to the ticket). Used 3 qts of Motorcraft 75W140 synth gear lube.

The only thing I noticed was a faint clicking noise echoing off the curb while decelerating. I've read that the TrueTrac will be a bit noisy for the first 200 miles or so and will click during coast so I was expecting worse. Going to give it some more seat time this weekend and I will try to go easy for the first 1000 miles (heck, who am I kidding? :D).

I called Greg to let him know everything went as planned, and he's going to call Moser on Monday to have them run the rest of the sets for the group buy. I too purchased the True Trac and was told by alot of people it was a very quite unit. I for one don't want to hear any noise. Are you sure it's the True Trac making the noise?

merc
04-01-2006, 04:39 PM
You may find some useful information in this tread.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346747

HwyCruiser
04-01-2006, 06:44 PM
I too purchased the True Trac and was told by alot of people it was a very quite unit. I for one don't want to hear any noise. Are you sure it's the True Trac making the noise?

I'd say it is the TrueTrac. During the research I did before I made up my mind on the diff, I found a lot of comments regarding a metalic clicking noise on coast-to-stop. Others say no noise at all. From what I understand, the clicking is caused by the side gears overrunning the pinions on a no-load condition.

See this thread for more info:
http://forums.modulardepot.com/showthread.php?threadid=58543
and
http://forums.modulardepot.com/showthread.php?threadid=62231

From a 1 to 10 on the irritability scale, I give it a 3 with the windows down and a 0 with the windows up. I can only hear it with the window down and braking next to a high curb / other vehicle. No noise while cruising in gear. I'll try downshifting vs braking see if the clicking goes away. That should pin it down to the TrueTrac.

HwyCruiser
04-01-2006, 06:58 PM
You may find some useful information in this tread.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346747

I might try a lighter gear lube after break-in to see if that helps out. They didn't use any friction modifier so I wonder if that would help any. I've also read that the first 200 miles are the noisiest for the TrueTrac. I've only got about 50 miles on it so far.

thePunisher
04-02-2006, 07:45 AM
there are no clutches in the truetrac. friction modifier would be useless. just fyi.

maraudernkc
04-02-2006, 03:28 PM
I will call Moser on Monday and all the Axles should ship out on Tuesday. Be on the look out.

Is there anyone that still wants in on this group buy?

Let me know.

Thanks, Greg

MarauderTJA
04-03-2006, 03:51 PM
I too purchased the True Trac and was told by alot of people it was a very quite unit. I for one don't want to hear any noise. Are you sure it's the True Trac making the noise?

I spoke to several people about noise. JD hit the nail on the head. After 200 miles everything clears up. The clicking I was told is less noisy that slotted/cross drilled rotors upon braking and only when up against a cement barrier or curbing. And only under no load. You really have to listen to hear anything even then.

The bottom line is your peace of mind with solid reliability with the unit for the rear end. No clutches ever to worry about. The positives IMHO seriously outweighs any negatives. I do not want to have to deal with any problems at all in the rear end.

Cobra25
04-03-2006, 04:48 PM
I spoke to several people about noise. JD hit the nail on the head. After 200 miles everything clears up. The clicking I was told is less noisy that slotted/cross drilled rotors upon braking and only when up against a cement barrier or curbing. And only under no load. You really have to listen to hear anything even then.

The bottom line is your peace of mind with solid reliability with the unit for the rear end. No clutches ever to worry about. The positives IMHO seriously outweighs any negatives. I do not want to have to deal with any problems at all in the rear end. Thanks Tom for giving me some peace of mind.

tmac1337
04-03-2006, 07:09 PM
I do not want to have to deal with any problems at all in the rear end.

You better change your lifestyle then pal!

MarauderTJA
04-03-2006, 07:17 PM
You better change your lifestyle then pal!

Man Tim....we are talking about cars there buddy, not your about your "close" friends....:flamer:. Good thing we are both getting "hardened axles.":lol:

HwyCruiser
04-03-2006, 07:47 PM
Let me know what you think of the 4.30's with our PC set-up on the highway. It will be interesting to see what rpm the car is turning at 75 MPH. IF your happy, I will get them put in my car during the entire install.

Tom, with the 4.30's, the tach was right on the 2500 hash mark @ 70 mph in OD, and about 2700 rpm at 75 mph. I think I was at 2400 rpm @ 70 mph with the 4.10's before, so not much difference there. The gears felt really good entering the highway in 3rd. With the cruise control on I didn't notice anything negative.

The 4.30's should put it at just about 118 mph @ 6000 rpm in 3rd gear. It really depends on what ET / trap speed you're aiming for after the build-up if 4.30's is too short of a gear for you. With the correct height tire, the 118 mph @ 6000 rpm should be good for a 11.6, but with a built motor you're probably going to take it spin it a little further anyway. I'll find out how much it reels me in on the big end.

MarauderTJA
04-03-2006, 08:00 PM
Tom, with the 4.30's, the tach was right on the 2500 hash mark @ 70 mph in OD, and about 2700 rpm at 75 mph. I think I was at 2400 rpm @ 70 mph with the 4.10's before, so not much difference there. The gears felt really good entering the highway in 3rd. With the cruise control on I didn't notice anything negative.

The 4.30's should put it at just about 118 mph @ 6000 rpm in 3rd gear. It really depends on what ET / trap speed you're aiming for after the build-up if 4.30's is too short of a gear for you. With the correct height tire, the 118 mph @ 6000 rpm should be good for a 11.6, but with a built motor you're probably going to take it spin it a little further anyway. I'll find out how much it reels me in on the big end.

Thanks for the update JD..Highway rpms are very acceptable. My mechanic/tuner is advising me to hold off until I get the forged motor built and in the car (looking at late summer at this time). Take that puppy to the track. Would be really interested in your results there. The true test. I still have until April 18th to make a decision. And I have not yet decided yet, you may change my mind. I am not going to change out my Nitto Drag Radials regardless.

Hell JD, take the $200.00 from Greg. I'll let you have it :D. As if I have a choice >me :flamer: <you.

merc
04-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Axles came in today, thanks Greg. Now I will warehouse the parts till next rebuild. :banana2:

stevengerard
04-07-2006, 03:22 PM
got mine too, now to put it all together.

FordNut
04-07-2006, 07:54 PM
Got mine too...

Breadfan
04-07-2006, 07:57 PM
Got mine too! They're beastly. :)

Mine will be on the shelf as well...but super glad to have them at such a great price!

Any caveats to storage? Should I coat them with oil or anything? I doubt rust from sitting will do much to these beasts. :)

BUCKWHEAT
04-07-2006, 08:28 PM
Got mine too. Now to get it all in next week. Car to the shop tomorrow. My son Todd is the tech. Got new rings and a driveshaft loop in addition to the 31 splines and the Auburn.

On the road again...

HwyCruiser
04-09-2006, 03:38 PM

The bottom line is your peace of mind with solid reliability with the unit for the rear end. No clutches ever to worry about. The positives IMHO seriously outweighs any negatives. I do not want to have to deal with any problems at all in the rear end.

Mystery solved.

I wound up being the slotted rotors - thanks for the nudge Tom! Due to tolerances with the rotor and mounting caliper bracket, my Q-Pads ride about 3/32 high on the rotor, so the pads wear with an edge on it. Seems like I let this go long enough that the slots on the rotor were grabbing the edge and causing the faint clicking sound during light braking.

I pulled the pads, knocked off the edge and adjusted the dog ears on the pad backing a tad to tighten them up and bingo!, no more knocking. I took it out to a mall that has a covered parking garage and tried to duplicate the problem, coast in neutral, brake in neutral, brake while downshifting, no clicking.

Sorry about the bad call on this guys, I hope you enjoy your diffs!

sweetair
04-09-2006, 07:47 PM
Got mine on Thurs. Thanks Greg. They do look impressive. Will wait a while for the install. Thanks again................

maraudernkc
04-10-2006, 08:05 AM
You are very welcome!

Got mine on Thurs. Thanks Greg. They do look impressive. Will wait a while for the install. Thanks again................

Cobra25
04-10-2006, 08:48 AM
Haven't got mine yet. But should any day.

MarauderTJA
04-10-2006, 10:18 AM
Got mine today.

Cobra25
04-10-2006, 11:21 AM
Mine just arrived at 2:10 pm. Today.

snowbird
04-10-2006, 02:33 PM
The brown truck had left a sticker on the door. Now, i got to catch the guy !! :)

BUCKWHEAT
04-10-2006, 06:22 PM
A slight detour, my pinion gear lost three teeth, no wonder it sounded so bad. Big lumps in the bottom of the diff case. New 4:30 gear set on the way. The 31 splines fit the Auburn just fine. Hope to finish the job Wed or Thu. (actually finished the next Wednesday. Had a slight detour from machining the pin wrong-you need to machine the pin to clear the 4:3's) All the gear whine is gone, no more clicking and grinding. Now for some new Nittos.

King Fubar
04-11-2006, 11:35 AM
Got mine on the 10th as well.....

BruteForce
04-11-2006, 02:42 PM
Axles arrived today. Still waiting on the %#!@# gears. Looks like FedEx "misplaced" them.