PDA

View Full Version : Autometer Wide Band O2 Kit Group Buy Interest?

wchain
03-01-2006, 04:00 PM
Anyone interested in the soon to be released Autometer Wideband O2 Sensor Kit?

I contacted my wholesaler and if we do TEN kits, I can make a group purchase happen! I am going to offer the Ultra Lites, and this gauge will be offered in other styles but I imagine most everyone here wants to match their OE Gauges.

Auto Meter's Wide Band Air/Fuel Ratio Kit features an LED readout and sweeping LED ''needle'' indicator that changes colors as Air/Fuel Ratio changes from rich to lean. The unit's 2-1/16'' gauge housing fits in most gauge pods and can be remotely mounted virtually anywhere. No laptop required for monitoring.Features Include:
More consistent and accurate air/fuel ratio readout
Ideal for tuning
User programmable range and sensitivity
Includes Bosch wideband O2 sensor

Price is $316.99 with free continental US shipping of course. These are going to hit the streets sometime in April.

Jeg's Has them listed for $386.99. Our regular retail will be $366.99, with Free Shipping in the Continental US for MM.net members of course!

AS usual with the group buy, I will open it up and when I get at least 10 orders I will make an announcement, then a close date, at which time I will run credit card numbers and then order them from my distributor, which will take around 3-5 business days to get them, and then I will shoot them out to you guys!

Thanks
Wes

TooManyFords
03-01-2006, 04:25 PM
Did they mention a version for the nexus line of gauges? I said yes above hoping they do.

John

wchain
03-01-2006, 04:29 PM
Yes, nexus will be available!
Wes

blackf0rk
03-01-2006, 04:29 PM
Any pictures?

blackf0rk
03-01-2006, 04:31 PM
Ok, like this?

http://www.jegs.com/images/photos/100/105/105-6178.jpg

TooManyFords
03-01-2006, 04:32 PM
I'm in for a nexus gauge. I'll have to put it where the lighter is but that's ok!

BTW, there was no mention of these on the website just now. Any links to info on the nexus edition would be great.

Thanks Wes!

john

jimlam56
03-01-2006, 04:33 PM
A couple questions...
Would this be helpful info for a stock with tune motor?
Could it fit in the cigarette lighter area?

wchain
03-01-2006, 04:35 PM
That is the Cobalt gauge. The Ultra Lite will look similar but with the silver face.

DEFYANT
03-01-2006, 04:35 PM
Tempting.....

JMan
03-02-2006, 03:18 AM
I presume a bung must be welded in for one of these? Also I presume there is a heater circuit which must be wired in to switched power (e.g. from one of the O2 heater circuits.)? Count me as very interested. This should be a critical component for anyones custom tune!

Thanks in advance!

J

P.S. I guess I could do some research on the web instead of asking these stupid questions!:stupid:

blackf0rk
03-03-2006, 08:39 AM
P.S. I guess I could do some research on the web instead of asking these stupid questions!:stupid:

Isn't that what this forum is for? Asking questions. :)

TooManyFords
03-03-2006, 08:42 AM
Wes,

Whatever information you can get me on the Nexus version would be greatly appreciated. I'm wondering exactly where it plugs into the computer box and if I need an upgrade or something to the brains.

Thanks!

John

wchain
03-30-2006, 10:23 AM
Bumpity bump

Zack
03-30-2006, 10:25 AM
Wes, Im in

sabtaj1
03-30-2006, 10:57 AM
most will not have to weld a new o2 bung on as for most have the rear 02's shut off or maybe mill elliminators. I would guess you should be able to stick it where the old 02 was?? Just a guess.
I may be in for it. I was gonna order a LM-1 but this is tempting. Does it have any other output for data logging purposes. Like analog??

MarauderMark
03-30-2006, 11:24 AM
Tempting.....
Whats the difference with this compared to what Dr Has (which i allready have this why i am asking) as i do not know.Thank you.

MikesMerc
03-30-2006, 12:49 PM
I'm interested.

HookedOnCV
03-31-2006, 12:38 AM
most will not have to weld a new o2 bung on as for most have the rear 02's shut off or maybe mill elliminators. I would guess you should be able to stick it where the old 02 was?? Just a guess.
I may be in for it. I was gonna order a LM-1 but this is tempting. Does it have any other output for data logging purposes. Like analog??

I don't believe that the rear O2 sensor location is the best place to mount a wideband sensor. When I researched it (Innovate Motorsports website) I found that the best place is BEFORE the first cats, in as close to a vertical mounting location as possible.

I did have a bung welded in before the first cat, and did a bunch of road testing and tuning with a wideband O2 sensor and an LM-1 data logger. In addition to the wideband O2, I logged my RPMs and my MAF voltage into the LM-1. I was able to dial in my MAF transfer function this way, and confirm my commanded A/F under WOT conditions.

I think the wideband gauge is a great idea. I've thought about getting one several times, but never pulled the trigger. I'm not sure of its capabilities, but it would be nice to be able to auto re-range the overall gauge under WOT conditions. If I see the meter getting over 13 under WOT, then I've got fuel problems of some sort and I am getting out of the throttle. If the guage spans 10 to 17, then its pretty hard to read 11.5 or 12.2 or whatever on the bar graph part. The digital display should really help. I just have a hard time looking down at a gauge (if that's where you mount it) when I am going WOT. My attention is focused elsewhere ;)

Does anyone know if you can set up a high AF alarm that flashes above a setpoint (during WOT only)? The flashing might be picked up by my peripheral vision. If it is a hard alarm setpoint of 13 or something, then it would be blinking most of the time under normal running.

TooManyFords
03-31-2006, 07:11 AM
I know my Nexus gauges change color from something to BRIGHT RED if I exceed a condition I set in them. Fuel Pressure too low, NOS too high, Oil Pressure too low. You get the idea.

I'm going for the O2 whether or not we get a group buy so I can see if turns red and warns me of a lean condition. Oh, and the nexus gauges have a recorder built in so I can replay the run right on the gauges "real-time" and see what was happening and when. Watching fuel pressure, O2 and boost side-by-side will be my guardian angels.

Now If I could just program them to shut down the car in an error condition. :)

John

TooManyFords
04-04-2006, 12:37 PM
Just got a reply back from Auto Meter on the Wide Band O2 for my Nexus gauges:

The upcoming Nexus Wideband Air/Fuel gauge will work with the current system with an upcoming firmware upgrade. The new firmware upgrade will be available as a website download right around the time the new gauge ships in June. The gauge will include a Bosch O2 sensor. Unlike the other Nexus gauges, the sender will not plug into the box, but the gauge will be networked, which will allow for all the functionality of the NEXUS system, including playback.

I'm still in, but it looks like June before they actually ship. Guess I have to wait!

Cheers

John

jim geary
04-04-2006, 03:04 PM
Hi Wes. Just a quick question. Are the Auto Meter Ultra-Lites as nice as
the AEM wide bands with the sensors? Your price is better but I'm wondering
if the gauges are comperable ?