PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day Event in CT

Dan
03-01-2006, 08:23 PM
So, what do you guys think? Would doing an MM event on the Memorial Day weekend be a bad idea?

Please be honest. If I plan something and you make it sound like you would attend but then back out I'll make a stink about it. :)

Seriously, good idea? Bad idea? What?

Thanks.

If the concensus is that the M-Day weekend is bad then I'll go a week later or earlier. I was a little lax last year due to some tought business I was going through but I am hope to be back up to moving and shaking in CT again. :) WOO HOO!

Best,

Dan

natedog1284
03-02-2006, 05:08 PM
Dan, I'm all for any meet you plan, and Memorial Day weekend would otherwise be awesome, but usually my family and I try to make it up to Norwich, NY, where they usually have a 2 day car show and swap meet, plus we like to visit some friends we have up there. This year it is tentatively scheduled for the 28 and 29, but it may be moved back a day. So if you wanted to schedule something for the following weekend, I'd be sure to go, but I'd hate to miss it. Plus, on that weekend, (not that I mean to speak for anyone, but) there might be a lot of people that would be on vacation or otherwise unable to go to a meet. But hey, that's just my 2 cents....:rolleyes:
Anyway, whatever you plan, I'll try to make it either way :)

Dan
03-02-2006, 05:41 PM
This is the info I am trying to get. I don't have a lot of family so the weekend is normally open for me. I am trying to see what others are doing. It is far enough in advance that we can do something a week later.

Best,

Dan

Marauderoz
03-02-2006, 05:56 PM
I always take my boat to Block Island for Memorial Day Weekend.

The weekend after Memorial Day would work for me.

Dan
03-03-2006, 08:09 AM
OK. Good suggestion. That works for me, too.

I think that is the day I'll start planning for.

Best,

Dan

I always take my boat to Block Island for Memorial Day Weekend.

The weekend after Memorial Day would work for me.

Paul T. Casey
03-03-2006, 10:41 AM
Put up any date, if I'm around I'll get to it. BTW, what is "tought"? :confused:

Dan
03-03-2006, 04:38 PM
A typo? I might have meant "thought."

SMOKE
03-03-2006, 08:13 PM
I'm up for an event. Even in Long Island NY (that's where I found mine).

Gotta "Mine the Mine" here...I'm sure we can pull some troops together (was seriously considering the Bennigan's run in Yonkers...drive just south of there on my way to Corporate in Linden, NJ).

If one was to localize things...I know Mustang's Unlimited (OEM distributor in Manchester, CT) hosts a show (or 2)...

It seems in recent years that the attendance is open to all FoMoCo "breed"s.

Perhaps along side the "Corral" for the 'stangs we can get a "Panther Pit"??

Best Regards...