PDA

View Full Version : Rust drops on paint! help

Flat Eric
04-19-2003, 07:24 PM
During the last rains, my MM had rusty water drops land on the paint which i just noticed, after carefully wiping the solidified drops away, they have left marks on the paint and the plastic bumpers....ARGHHHHHH

Any suggestions, does the dealer have any "rust spot away" magic?

Or should i just sue Kinney parking garage :-(

LincMercLover
04-19-2003, 10:57 PM
Try clay baring the car. Follow with a good clear coat safe wax.

CRUZTAKER
04-20-2003, 05:57 AM
Yes...LML...clay bar may very well do it. Available at finer auto parts stores in the wax section. Very easy to do. I would suggest doing it soon as well.

Before the Z posts hit, a clay bar is a clay bar, especially when it's around the corner at your favorite auto parts store. :)

BODYMAN
04-20-2003, 09:34 AM
what you have on youre car is rail dust it is from the brakes on a train even if youre vehicle was not transported by rail it could have been near the railyard. What the other guys are talking about is a product called clay magic. It works very well you just have to be very careful with a black car to make sure you get the vehicle as clean as possible before you attamted to clay the vehicle otherwise you will end up w/ a scractch messed. But if you have under 12,xxx miles you can simply take it to youre dealers body shop and they can remove the RD. That is if you trust them.
hope this helps