PDA

View Full Version : Baer Brake kit available

darebren
04-21-2003, 08:13 AM
I spoke with Baer today. They have a kit for the Marauder comes with all hardware, lines, etc, and features 14" vented and drilled front rotors with black BAER 2 piston calipers ($1200.00 total) and they have a new rotor to match for the rear ($390 total), but no new rear calipers, so the stockers would have to do.

Wondered if anyone else had any better brake kits they have found??? I think SHM might offer something, but not sure the pricing, maybe it is this same BAER system?

I just noticed Mensrea already has this installed on his car...is there any solution for the back caliper replaceent?

MAD-3R
04-21-2003, 08:28 AM
Mensrea's are part of the KB Marauder S package

gonzo50
04-21-2003, 09:47 AM
6 Piston/14 inch mm AP Brake Kit
*SHM Exclusive
8 groove 14" rotors, 35.5mm thick with AP 6 piston calipers. Pagid brake pads, stainless flex lines, 7075-T651 billet rotor hats, 6061-T6 billet caliper brackets, 6061-T6 billet flex line bracket. Requires use of 19 or 20 inch wheels.
Mercury Marauder Brake kit $4295
That's as much as a SuperCharger, I can't touch it.:(

mensrea
04-21-2003, 01:30 PM
You can buy the Baer kit from Kenny, FYI I did not opt for the drilled rotors.... and I got the polished calipers and zinc washed rotors. I suggest this mod.

Fourth Horseman
04-21-2003, 02:13 PM
I wonder if Brembo will release a Marauder kit. Front AND rear, hopefully.

mensrea
04-21-2003, 02:57 PM
Just my opinion, but I don't know if we NEED either 4-piston calipers, or rear calipers. Stopping our 4000+ lb car from 70 in 171 feet is pretty impressive... and everyone that drives the car comments on how great the brakes are. If they come out with one for less than the Baers. or similarly priced I might be interested. Then again I am not road racing...

BODYMAN
04-21-2003, 03:23 PM
brake upgrades I cant suggest it enough my car stops on a dime after the brake upgrade. I never felt comfortable with the oe brakes the frts are just to small...

JamesHecker
04-21-2003, 10:26 PM
I also called Baer today and found the same info. If I am going to go through the trouble and expense to upgrade the brakes, I'ld like to go all the way, including the rear calipers. Baer said they have no intention of creating a rear caliper for the Marauder. They suggested that I have my stock one polished.

I called Brembo. They said they have nothing for the Marauder and no immediate plans to create upgrade brake kits for the Marauder. They did say if they got 15 solid orders they would create a kit.

I did not call KVR, but I think Dennis is working on a kit from them. I forgot to ask him about it when I talked to him today.

I had such a great time at Willow Springs Raceway that I do plan on roadracing as often as I get the chance. And I do like the look of the drilled/slotted rotors and the polished calipers.

If any knows of a complete set for both front and rear, please let me know.

Thanks

Matt Johnson
04-22-2003, 08:35 AM
If they're serious about creating a kit with 15 solid orders, I would include myself among those 15. I really want to upgrade these brakes when I mod the car - I don't like the way they feel at all.

martyo
04-22-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Matt Johnson
If they're serious about creating a kit with 15 solid orders, I would include myself among those 15. I really want to upgrade these brakes when I mod the car - I don't like the way they feel at all.

I agree with Matt.

I would be in for a set, provided the cost is not unbelievably expensive. I just read an article in Popular Science (May '03) about a guy who installed $4,500.00 Brembos in his daughter's Porsche....That's a bit steep for my blood.

Does anyone have a sense of what the cost of the Brembos would be for an MM?

LincMercLover
04-22-2003, 11:07 AM
May I ask, "Who needs to stop?" :D

I'm thinkin' maybe some sticky pads, that's about it... Once my rotors are done, THEN I'll look into something drilled and slotted.

Fourth Horseman
04-22-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by martyo
[B]I agree with Matt.

I would be in for a set, provided the cost is not unbelievably expensive. [I/B]

Same here. If they weren't too over the top price-wise, I'd definitely order a set for front and rear as well. If they don't do the rear, though, then I'm not interested.

JamesHecker
04-22-2003, 08:17 PM
Ok...well that's four of us for the Brembos.

They said they could not quote a price without having a car to plan the kits from, but most of their sets start at about $3,000.

I would be ok with something in that range.

I also still need to check with Dennis because I think he is working on a kit from KVR.

drkknight196
04-22-2003, 10:10 PM
Darebren: Is that a brake package and can it be viewed on a particular web site? Thanks .........

Fourth Horseman
04-23-2003, 03:33 PM
Would that be ~$3000 front and rear, or is that per axle?

jgc61sr2002
04-23-2003, 05:14 PM
What LML said, I will change the rotors when it it time for new brakes. John

Sidney
04-23-2003, 06:39 PM
$3000 could go for a supercharger.

JamesHecker
04-23-2003, 09:41 PM
For front and rear. Total for the whole car. He wasn't quoting though, just giving a possible starting point.

Fourth Horseman
04-24-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by JamesHecker
For front and rear. Total for the whole car. He wasn't quoting though, just giving a possible starting point.

Understood. I'm just looking for a ballpark figure.

JamesHecker
04-24-2003, 11:42 PM
I talked to Dennis Reinhart about brakes today. He said he should have a set from KVR within about a month!

Not sure, but I am thinkin' they might be less than the Brembos.

Matt Johnson
04-24-2003, 11:46 PM
Does KVR have a website - I don't know anything about them...

SergntMac
04-25-2003, 02:30 AM
So we're up to 3 big ones now? Considering all other things equal, can anyone explain to me why the Brembo brakes are worth 2 large over BaerClaw kits?

I mean like, I can drive down to Kenny Brown's in Indy and get my MM-Baer brakes AND my MM suspension upgrade, INSTALLED for 2K! So, what am I missing if I don't go with Brembo? Anyone?

JamesHecker
04-25-2003, 07:54 AM
I couldn't really say what the difference is Sarge. But the front Baer system is about $1200. They don't even have a complete rear system, but I thought if they did it would be as much as the front. That made me think that the Brembo's were not out of line.
Fact is, I didn't know KB could do the whole set at around $2,000.

Glad you are around to point this stuff out! :D