PDA

View Full Version : Guage installation pillar pod

darebren
04-21-2003, 09:30 AM
While buying new oil pressue and volt guages from autometer for the front pod by the lighter, I noticed they have a a pillar mount pod for the Marauder. I'm looking to get an a pillar pod mount with 2 2 1/16" guages. I wondered what two guages would be among the relatively easiest to install considering wire splicing or other interface.

Fuel pressure
water temp
trans temp
oil temp

WolfeBros
04-21-2003, 12:53 PM
You already have water temp.
I would do the oil temp and transmission temp.
There is already an extra tapped hole down by the oil sending unit where you can place the oil temp sender and there is a place on the side of the transmission for the trannny temp sender. Logan installed one.....he can point you to it.

Logan
04-21-2003, 05:55 PM
Tranny temp boss is on the drivers side of the tranny just in front and slightly above the shift linkage. Just unscrew the plug and screw in the temp sender. Takes all of 2 minutes.

FordNut
04-21-2003, 06:38 PM
How about using the pod for a supercharger boost gauge?!

Grifter
09-13-2006, 10:53 AM
Tranny temp boss is on the drivers side of the tranny just in front and slightly above the shift linkage. Just unscrew the plug and screw in the temp sender. Takes all of 2 minutes.

Revival of an old thread i know..

Is grabbing the tranny temp here a good spot? What kind of temps were you getting from reading from that bung? I am wondering because i am installing a temp sensor this weekend and trying to figure out where i want it..

Zack
09-13-2006, 11:42 AM

Dude, that bung is a part time fluid/pressure bung.
Its a port for a tech to read transmission pressures in different gears.
The best place for it is in the pan.

RF Overlord
09-13-2006, 11:45 AM
Grifter, some people have used that bung, others have installed the sensor in the pan itself. Neither is ideal. The most useful reading is in the cooler line from the transmission to the cooler. That is where you'll get the hottest temperatures. AutoMeter makes a manifold (http://www.autometer.com/cat_accessoriesdetail.aspx?vid =169) (adapter) to do just that.

Grifter
09-13-2006, 12:08 PM
yeah, i'm thinking thats going to be the place to put it.

also, since its not being mounted to anything metal, do i need to ground the sensor to something?