PDA

View Full Version : headlight question

notacop
04-21-2003, 09:28 PM
Can i run the high beams and the low beams at the same time?

i can't help but notice that the high beams on the marauder are rather weak (and leave an unlighted area immediately in front of the car), but the low beams are adequate for close range in my opinion. thus, i would like to be able to run both the high beams and the lows at the same time. is there any practical way to do this? my dad's suburban came like this from the factory, so i'm really just wondering if this will be practical to do on the marauder. will it be too much of a drain on the electrical system with or without underdrive pulleys?

jefferson-mo
04-21-2003, 10:38 PM
not really an option to run both........

but what most of us are doing is using Sylvania Silverstars(bulbs) with very good results

Available at most parts stores....Pep Boys- Auto Zone- Advance etc

made a big difference especially on the high beams..........

DON'T buy the "ultra whites" or "Super Blues" or whatever they're junk and not DOT approved(meaning illegal to use on the highway)

notacop
04-21-2003, 10:55 PM
yeah thats what i was thinkin for another option...but why would GM have both the highs and lows run on the suburban when you click on the highs, and why does ford choose not to do this?

jefferson-mo
04-22-2003, 07:13 AM
Does the Sub have glass headlights or are they plastic?

that may be the difference

LincMercLover
04-22-2003, 11:12 AM
^Yup yup^

Ever felt the MM's headlights after running high beams for awhile?

DLoreanMARAUDER
04-24-2003, 08:46 PM
Hmmm..... thats wierd, on my pops 2000 suburban the low beams go off when you turn on the high beams. if you hold it half way without fully engaging the highs, both stay on, but thats really for flashing. and they are plastic. but then again, mine is the 5.7?

DAMN i bought the COOL BLUES by Sylvania for the MM which really only made them whiter but not blue, but now im gonna look into the Silverstars. Thanks Jefferson-mo

CRUZTAKER
04-24-2003, 09:12 PM
A brighter bulb in either the headlamp or foglamp, and foglamp diffuser removal may fill in the gaps. I have done both. But now rarely find a need for brights.

hd2805
05-02-2003, 04:11 AM
Whats with the fog lamp diffuser removal, thats a new one on me... Would love to have more light...Thanks.