PDA

View Full Version : My New Custom Exhaust!!!

O's Fan Rich
03-18-2006, 11:49 AM
Well, Think it was worth $900.00???

MarauderMark
03-18-2006, 11:52 AM
you sure are keeping busy this weekend.Thats gonna have some rumble to it now.:up:

BruteForce
03-18-2006, 11:54 AM
Will you be issuing respirators for passengers? Maybe have oxygen masks pop out of the overhead console at stop lights? :P

O's Fan Rich
03-18-2006, 12:00 PM
Those are there temporary for the 15 mile cruise to the muffler shop.
I was gonna go open pipe, but I'd have benn deaf by the time I got there, not to mention have to watch for the men in blue!

I forgot how glasspacks sounded... :burnout:

DEFYANT
03-18-2006, 12:01 PM
Cool, are those glass packs?

I would be interested to hear them

RoyLPita
03-18-2006, 12:01 PM
For the $900 price tag, take them to small claims court for the other $750. j/k

O's Fan Rich
03-18-2006, 12:04 PM
Cool, are those glass packs?

I would be interested to hear them

Wanna call me? I'll walk outside with the portable!

LVMarauder
03-18-2006, 12:23 PM
Thats pretty bad ass. It must be really really loud inside the cabin with the tips right there no? Wouldn't bother me none but everyone would know you were coming a mile a way. what kind of exhaust are you using?
O ya , are you going to weld the tips into the back so you still have them?

sabtaj1
03-18-2006, 12:27 PM
Nice tie straps on the mufflers! hope it doesnt get to hot dowh there, could be a sparkin son-of-a-(ya know).

MarauderMark
03-18-2006, 12:34 PM
I was gonna go open pipe, but I'd have benn deaf by the time I got there, not to mention have to watch for the men in blue!

Just becareful i had a friend that had headers and glass packs and burned up his 442 because he was driving on the highway and when he exited it the slowing down of the vehical was shooting flames that caught something underneath and goodbye classic..

O's Fan Rich
03-18-2006, 12:37 PM
Just becareful i had a friend that had headers and glass packs and burned up his 442 because he was driving on the highway and when he exited it the slowing down of the vehical was shooting flames that caught something underneath and goodbye classic..
Thanks... Now I won't sleep.....:depress:

O's Fan Rich
03-18-2006, 12:39 PM
Thats pretty bad ass. It must be really really loud inside the cabin with the tips right there no? Wouldn't bother me none but everyone would know you were coming a mile a way. what kind of exhaust are you using?
O ya , are you going to weld the tips into the back so you still have them?
I'm getting 2 1/2" stem to stern. 18" Magnaflows and the stock tips will be welded back on... or flanged like Haggis has his done.

Krytin
03-18-2006, 02:49 PM
How much ya want for the glass packs when yer done with 'em?

Marauderjack
03-18-2006, 03:03 PM
Hey Rich,

Ya got any cabin drone with them thar "Cherry Bombs"???:confused: :eek: :lol:

Marauderjack:cool4:

O's Fan Rich
03-18-2006, 03:11 PM
Hey Rich,

Ya got any cabin drone with them thar "Cherry Bombs"???:confused: :eek: :lol:

Marauderjack:cool4:

Just a tad..... I got some cool Thrush decals with them too.....

Krytin, I didn't think of selling them afterwards. I was gonna box them and keep them on a shelf in case I needed to do a temporary system again down the road. Heck I paid 21.00 each at the local parts house. Summit's about the same. These are 2 1/4's and I got the 21/5 adapters to hook them up.

snowbird
03-18-2006, 03:59 PM

Rich,

I don't want to throw another rock in the lake but i got an EGT gauge. Exhaust is pretty near Hell: Slow cruise, very low throttle demand is about 800 - 1000F after 1 mile or so. If the tie wrap are platic, they will be melted in a very short time.

O's Fan Rich
03-18-2006, 04:55 PM
Rich,

I don't want to throw another rock in the lake but i got an EGT gauge. Exhaust is pretty near Hell: Slow cruise, very low throttle demand is about 800 - 1000F after 1 mile or so. If the tie wrap are platic, they will be melted in a very short time.

I just put them there to hold them while I wrapped plumbing hanger around them. I also have, ummmmmm coat hanger wire there too.... yeah, coat hanger wire. I should be ok.
Oh, I've been to hell.... it's not so hot.:fire: