PDA

View Full Version : CT Detailers

Dan
03-19-2006, 06:29 PM
Hey Gang,

I'm looking for someone that REALLY knows how to detail a car. Someone who knows how to get into nearly every knook and cranny. A guy with all the tricks.

Do you guys know anyone in CT that is this caliber?

Best,

Dan

natedog1284
03-19-2006, 06:37 PM
Ditto. I'm tired of doing it myself :rolleyes:

03MERCMARAUDER
03-19-2006, 07:22 PM
If I lived there I could take care of you guys. You wouldnt recognize your cars when I got done

Joe

Dan
03-20-2006, 06:23 AM
If your only in MD then come on up. I know I'd go in on a "group buy" to get a great detail up here for my car. :)

Dan

SMOKE
03-23-2006, 02:13 PM
I fancy myself pretty good. Done everything from motorcycles to a Semi. I do pay details (and used to work as a detailer) on/off for about 12 years now. Don't know how I'll do on a 'rauder. Got to do mine from top to bottom first (cut my teeth on the process). I typically do 5 steps on the paint, pull off the wheels, dress the motor, paint wheelwells and/or undercarriage (if need be), plus the usual interior fun.

Usually takes me 2 days. Gotta wait until temps rise. I can heat my garage, but the humidity I generate makes working on the paint a real bear. If I have any ambition left and we run into each other at a meet this summer we'll talk (but you'll probably want to have your car done by then anyway).

There is always ATD (Attention To Detail). I think they have a few locations? Probably wrong there. I know there are off Rte 9 in Middletwon next to the Court House (tied in with Cartunes in the old Sears Auto Service bldg). I've heard good things about them. I think they do more than detail too though. I'm pretty sure they do leather upgrades and stuff for new car dealers. Can't speak first hand. Could end up with a hand wash, burned/chalky buff with a bunch of glaze on the paint and fruity-smelling tire silicone all over the place.

JWM

Dan
03-23-2006, 02:22 PM
I fancy myself pretty good. Done everything from motorcycles to a Semi. I do pay details (and used to work as a detailer) on/off for about 12 years now. Don't know how I'll do on a 'rauder. Got to do mine from top to bottom first (cut my teeth on the process). I typically do 5 steps on the paint, pull off the wheels, dress the motor, paint wheelwells and/or undercarriage (if need be), plus the usual interior fun.

Usually takes me 2 days. Gotta wait until temps rise. I can heat my garage, but the humidity I generate makes working on the paint a real bear. If I have any ambition left and we run into each other at a meet this summer we'll talk (but you'll probably want to have your car done by then anyway).

There is always ATD (Attention To Detail). I think they have a few locations? Probably wrong there. I know there are off Rte 9 in Middletwon next to the Court House (tied in with Cartunes in the old Sears Auto Service bldg). I've heard good things about them. I think they do more than detail too though. I'm pretty sure they do leather upgrades and stuff for new car dealers. Can't speak first hand. Could end up with a hand wash, burned/chalky buff with a bunch of glaze on the paint and fruity-smelling tire silicone all over the place.

JWM

Sounds good to me. It sounds like you have done enough for me to trust you with my MM. Let me know when you want to go.

Best,

Dan

03MERCMARAUDER
03-23-2006, 02:56 PM
If your only in MD then come on up. I know I'd go in on a "group buy" to get a great detail up here for my car. :)

Dan

I was in Md but am hoem know. I wuld have loved to head up there and hook you guys up. I love detailing cars. Hell I wash and wax my rauder once a week cause I enjoy it so much lol, here are a couple of pics of my car.This was just a quick wax and detail before it got put away.

Joe

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a142/joegsvt/Picture048.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a142/joegsvt/Picture049.jpg

natedog1284
03-23-2006, 03:02 PM
Wow, she looks nice.... what if plane tickets and a hotel are included in the group buy? :P

:woohoo: WOOO!, my 100th post! I'm a big kid now!

03MERCMARAUDER
03-23-2006, 03:13 PM
LOL you buy me a plane ticket and get me a room I will fly out there and take care of you guys no prob. Have to make sure you get alot of guys together so everyone could get hoked up all at once lol.

Joe

Dan
03-23-2006, 08:07 PM
You're silly. You'd be getting a better deal if you asked us to pay for your gas and drove your MARAUDER up here.

I'll pay for an equal share of the gas and then double it so that you have enough to go home with in advance.

I'll put you up in an empty apartment if we do this in April. Being a real estate investor does have it's luxuries. :) Of course, I'll want the first detail job. wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

Let's make this happen!

Best,

Dan

03MERCMARAUDER
03-24-2006, 01:39 AM
If enough people wanted to get it done I would seriously see about trying to make it work.I think it would be a blast.I need to get my Rauder back up and running before anything and get the dam thing tagged lol.

Joe

Dan
03-24-2006, 08:39 AM
Hey, I'll start putting this together if you're serious.

Here are a few questions...

1. Are you really going to drive? I think it is a good idea.
2. Are you willing to stay in the apartment while here?
3. How long would you be staying for?
4. How many cars do you want as your max?
5. Can you envision any other things that I may have forgotten?

Once I have these answers I can start leaning on the Consitution State Marauder (CSM) guys. :)

Best,

Dan

natedog1284
03-24-2006, 02:28 PM
Hey, I'd be up for it. I'll take any chance to meet another one of our members, and especially to have my car all dolled-up! :P
There are I think a few shops around here that do some light detailing, but I would never reccomend them after seeing some of their work :puke:
Keep us posted guys!

-Nate