PDA

View Full Version : Marauderville IV

fastblackmerc
03-20-2006, 02:39 PM
Whos' going to Marauderville IV in Orlando? I'll be leaving on 11/08 early morning. It's about a 9.5 hour / 622 mile drive. Will be going down I95. Let's meet up somewhere and go down together. Remember to bring your "Carolina Marauders" shirt(s).:banana2: :beer: :beer:

O's Fan Rich
03-20-2006, 03:00 PM
If everyone keeps talking about a caravan.... I may have to stop thinking about a train....:burnout:

SergntMac
03-20-2006, 04:45 PM
I gotta tell y'all, for MM-I in Ennis, a bunch of us met up in Shreveport, LA. and drove in from there. A few hours of "FBI" entertainment, and an unforgettable experience.

Just as an early suggestion, think about hooking up with everyone at Dennis', and drive down from there?

Way cool...Moreso if we can ask a few of them FHP Marauders to join up and show us in?

Just an early idea, carry on...

fastblackmerc
03-20-2006, 04:59 PM
As it still a little early for me but we may wanna try a hookup from Md.:up:
I'll be getting on I95 at exit 328A / Rt 40 in North Carolina. It's about a 30 - 45 minute drive from my house.

O's Fan Rich
03-20-2006, 05:56 PM
Soooo, The Northeast guys, meet up with us PA guys, then we hookup with the CAM guys, swing by and snag the Carolina guys, then meet up with some Florida guys and then hit Orlando......
must be college, cause there be alot of hooking up!

SergntMac
03-20-2006, 06:19 PM
Soooo, The Northeast guys, meet up with us PA guys, then we hookup with the CAM guys, swing by and snag the Carolina guys, then meet up with some Florida guys and then hit Orlando... Yep, that's about the way we did Ennis in '03. Jacksonville Fl. looks a lot like Shreveport La. to me now...Again, just a suggestion, with a lot of time to digest it.

jimlam56
03-20-2006, 06:27 PM
Yep, that's about the way we did Ennis in '03. Jacksonville Fl. looks a lot like Shreveport La. to me now...Again, just a suggestion, with a lot of time to digest it.
DR, time to weigh in?:D

Marauderman
03-20-2006, 08:16 PM
I'll be getting on I95 at exit 328A / Rt 40 in North Carolina. It's about a 30 - 45 minute drive from my house.
I'll be hitting I-95 coming off I-26 in SC.....so could hook up with MM at that area---where would that be fastblackmerc?.....or Marauderjack might know????

fastblackmerc
03-21-2006, 08:08 AM
I'll be hitting I-95 coming off I-26 in SC.....so could hook up with MM at that area---where would that be fastblackmerc?.....or Marauderjack might know????
I think we need a list of who's planning on meeting up and driving down, their cell numbers and if you have an FRS / GMRS radio we can select a channel to use. We can select rest areas on I95 to meet at.

Haggis
03-21-2006, 08:23 AM
If everyone keeps talking about a caravan.... I may have to stop thinking about a train....:burnout:
Chris and I will be leaving on Nov. 7th. with one stop for the night near Savanah, GA. Then heading down the rest of the way to Orlando on the 8th.

Breadfan
03-21-2006, 09:29 AM
If CAM'ers or others in MD are going to caravan count me in - if I go that is. Too early to tell but I don't see why not. :)

Sounds too fun to miss.

SC Cheesehead
03-22-2006, 04:48 AM

Mm,

You and I could meet up at the rest stop on I-26 a couple on miles past the I-385/I-26 merge. From there, we could meet up with fbm near the I-95 and I-26 intersection.

SCCH

fastblackmerc
03-22-2006, 06:55 AM
Mm,

You and I could meet up at the rest stop on I-26 a couple on miles past the I-385/I-26 merge. From there, we could meet up with fbm near the I-95 and I-26 intersection.

SCCH
Sounds good to me. Let's see who else we can meet up with on the way down. Someone suggested that we meet some of the Jacksonville-based MM's at DR's shop and go to Orlando from there.

Marauderman
03-22-2006, 07:18 AM
Mm,

SCCH
Actually, we're coming from I-77 onto I-26 in Columbia---so if you could come on down I-26 and meet us at the rest stop just south of Columbia on
I-26--we could head on to I-95 about 55 miles away and pick up fastblackmerc and maybe some others---timing is the key to the whole thing--knowing how long it takes to get from point to point--

Also--there is a large group growing coming from the north who are very likely going to be stopping overnight--some say Savanna---so somewhere--we should be picking up more and more MM's........before we get to DR's--and

Really no need to stop at DR's anyway, unless you've never been there--not much room to park- unless, if he is going, he will meeting up with us on I-95 thru town...... whata think........

Marauderman
03-24-2006, 05:52 PM
so.....^^^^^^^^^^whata think guys^^^^^^^^^^

Marauderman
03-25-2006, 05:22 PM
Actually, we're coming from I-77 onto I-26 in Columbia---so if you could come on down I-26 and meet us at the rest stop just south of Columbia on
I-26--we could head on to I-95 about 55 miles away and pick up fastblackmerc and maybe some others---timing is the key to the whole thing--knowing how long it takes to get from point to point--

Also--there is a large group growing coming from the north who are very likely going to be stopping overnight--some say Savanna---so somewhere--we should be picking up more and more MM's........before we get to DR's--and

Really no need to stop at DR's anyway, unless you've never been there--not much room to park- unless, if he is going, he will meeting up with us on I-95 thru town...... whata think........

OK folks--We have our reservations --WHo from our club is going--huh--Me and the Ms M, --so who els for sure from the Carolinas----right now I think I make three----speak up folks--we have some planning to do!!!

03MERCMARAUDER
03-25-2006, 08:33 PM
Man wish there was someone near me to caravan with lol. The finacee and I are going to try and make it, a little early to tell. Might jus have to meet up with the CAM guys and head down with them

Joe

MarauderMark
03-25-2006, 09:04 PM
Opps.....:D

fastblackmerc
03-25-2006, 10:18 PM
OK folks--We have our reservations --WHo from our club is going--huh--Me and the Ms M, --so who els for sure from the Carolinas----right now I think I make three----speak up folks--we have some planning to do!!!
Me & Mrs. fbm are going... that makes 5?? Plan on leaving 11/08.

Marauderman
03-26-2006, 06:15 AM
Me & Mrs. fbm are going... that makes 5?? Plan on leaving 11/08.
Leaving on the 8th as well--can drive straight thru---reserv. for the 8th if we choose--but 5?..lets see--you , me and SCcheesehead--who the other 2?

stevencory
03-27-2006, 11:58 AM
Jean and I have made a reservation at the Seralago (http://www.seralagohotel.com/) 11/8 - 11/11. ;)
It's located southwest of Orlando, here's the location of the hotel (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=5678+W+Irlo+Bronson+Mem orial+Hwy,+Kissimmee,+FL+34746 ).
647 miles from Chapel Hill to Kissimmee (approx. 14 hours).

Bluerauder
03-27-2006, 12:39 PM
Might jus have to meet up with the CAM guys and head down with them

Joe
Looks like CAM and some of the Mid-Atlantic folks will be departing on 7 November. Plan is to RON in the Savannah, GA area and then head to Orlando on the 8th. Details to follow as the plans get more firm regarding convoys on I-95. :D

03MERCMARAUDER
03-27-2006, 12:50 PM
Ok kep me posted. I would like to caravan down with the famous CAM guys lol.Would make the trip alot more fun

Joe

Marauderman
03-27-2006, 05:44 PM
Jean and I have made a reservation at the Seralago (http://www.seralagohotel.com/) 11/8 - 11/11. ;)
It's located southwest of Orlando, here's the location of the hotel (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=5678+W+Irlo+Bronson+Mem orial+Hwy,+Kissimmee,+FL+34746 ).
647 miles from Chapel Hill to Kissimmee (approx. 14 hours).
Hot Dog! We got another Carolina Marauder to join in the fun---.....so Steve.....think about joining up with us somewhere--re-read the post--let us know---Its gonna be a bunchof us ushing the Fla border on the 8th and 9th of Nov...-=---it may well be necessary to have the FHP out infront----otherwise-its gonna look like they are anyway---:lol:----

Marauderman
03-27-2006, 05:47 PM
Looks like CAM and some of the Mid-Atlantic folks will be departing on 7 November. Plan is to RON in the Savannah, GA area and then head to Orlando on the 8th. Details to follow as the plans get more firm regarding convoys on I-95. :D
Let us know some specifics when time gets near and we can pick up you folks up there in Ga. as we push towards the big O....outta be a croud of us----there is going to have to be a FHP --no--wait a minute---that would spoil everything---we would have to go the speed limit then---no way----forget about it.........( the FHP)--we MM's don't go slow--:lol:--right Sarge/Zack

Marauderman
03-27-2006, 05:52 PM
I would like to caravan down with the famous CAM guys lol.Would make the trip alot more fun

Joe
..........and other groups(cough)( cough) . ...........are ...........not famous.........remember--we're all heading downhill --to Fla--:lol:....we would love to have you join us ...think we could tell you apart...:lol:....can you imiagine---its gonn be a truckers nightmare...........

MarauderMark
03-27-2006, 06:51 PM
..........and other groups(cough)( cough) . ...........are ...........not famous.........remember--we're all heading downhill --to Fla--:lol:....we would love to have you join us ...think we could tell you apart...:lol:....can you imiagine---its gonn be a truckers nightmare...........
Good one:lol: Just remember you guys at the back of the Maravan..:D

Marauderman
03-27-2006, 07:09 PM
Good one:lol: Just remember you guys at the back of the Maravan..:D
not sure I understand that one....don't see how we would be at the rear when your following after us ...being we start closer to the target...anyway...I can't wait to see and put names with faces and take pleanty of pic and movies---and see a lot of different MM's--Yahoo.......

SC Cheesehead
03-29-2006, 05:00 AM
not sure I understand that one....don't see how we would be at the rear when your following after us ...being we start closer to the target...anyway...I can't wait to see and put names with faces and take pleanty of pic and movies---and see a lot of different MM's--Yahoo.......
Hey Marauderman,

Have you made hotel reservations yet? You want to stay at the same place as Steve or you got something else in mind?

SCCH

Marauderman
03-29-2006, 06:32 AM
Hey Marauderman,

Have you made hotel reservations yet? You want to stay at the same place as Steve or you got something else in mind?

SCCH
Already made mine at the Host Hotel......just like Steve---you better get going and do the same!!!....isn't everyone staying there?....--alot more "lot" reviewing without going anywhere...know what I mean:lol:

stevencory
03-29-2006, 07:33 AM
Tom - Yea, that'd be cool to Maraudevan with you and the others.

Rex - We are putting trust in the hosts for selecting the hotel :cool:
I have searched for the agenda and the other activities, however,
it's too early out and I believe a great time will be had by all.

Really lookin' forward to it! More info as the time gets closer.
The car turned 67K today :cool4:

Click here to point to "SSM to host Marauderville IV (Page 2) (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25807&page=2)",
which has the current agenda.

Haggis
03-29-2006, 07:52 AM
Let us know some specifics when time gets near and we can pick up you folks up there in Ga. as we push towards the big O....outta be a croud of us----there is going to have to be a FHP --no--wait a minute---that would spoil everything---we would have to go the speed limit then---no way----forget about it.........( the FHP)--we MM's don't go slow--:lol:--right Sarge/Zack
Tom, will do as time gets closer. The hotel is just south of Savannah, Ga. right off of I-95 in Richmond Hill (http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=MO20ONS YGUCUWCSGBIYMVCQKIYFCXUUC?ctyh ocn=SAVRHHX) and meet up with Gonzo. We could even do as those kids in the video did and drive the speed limit in all tha lanes. :rofl:

Then again it might be fun just to break loose and have the FHP try and keep up. :nono:

SC Cheesehead
03-30-2006, 04:04 PM

Click here to point to "SSM to host Marauderville IV (Page 2) (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25807&page=2)",

Steve,

Thanks for the link, I'll get reservations squared away in the next day or so.

This is gonna be fun! :D

SCCH

Marauderman
03-30-2006, 05:03 PM
Tom, will do as time gets closer. The hotel is just south of Savannah, Ga. right off of I-95 in Richmond Hill (http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=MO20ONS YGUCUWCSGBIYMVCQKIYFCXUUC?ctyh ocn=SAVRHHX) and meet up with Gonzo. We could even do as those kids in the video did and drive the speed limit in all tha lanes. :rofl:

Then again it might be fun just to break loose and have the FHP try and keep up. :nono:
Great--it should be interesting as time gets closer throughout the summer--but already ..alot of us should be ending up traveling together someway, somehow.....and that do the limit thing...oh yeah..:lol:..that would pixx off everyone --do you thing anyone would try and "go around"?.....anyway---this will be fun --may end up with mini-meets going and coming back ..can't help it.......Tom

fastblackmerc
03-30-2006, 05:40 PM
Stevecory, we can meet up near Crossroads Shopping center and drive out to I95 and then down to I95 / I26 in SC to meet up w/ Marauderman & SC Cheesehead.

stevencory
03-30-2006, 06:34 PM
Steve,
Thanks for the link, I'll get reservations squared away in the next day or so.
This is gonna be fun! :D
SCCH
Rex - You're more than welcome. Glad to be going as well. :banana:

Stevecory, we can meet up near Crossroads Shopping center and drive out to I95 and then down to I95 / I26 in SC to meet up w/ Marauderman & SC Cheesehead.
Jim - Very cool. Sounding more and more like a plan to me. :burnout:

SC Cheesehead
03-31-2006, 09:16 AM
Already made mine at the Host Hotel......just like Steve---you better get going and do the same!!!....isn't everyone staying there?....--alot more "lot" reviewing without going anywhere...know what I mean:lol:

Originally Posted by stevencory

Hey guys,

Made my reservations today. Same hotel.

Ms Cheesehead won't be going, but Junior's making noises like he wants to come along depending on his work schedule.

Any thoughts on departure times on the 8th? Google's telling me it's 549 miles from GVL to Kisimmee; 11 hours 18 minutes. Obviously they didn't plan on making the trip in a MM. :burn:

SCCH

Quote of the Day: "In this case, I think we have to go all out. I think this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part. And we're just the guys to do it." Animal House, 1978

fastblackmerc
03-31-2006, 11:03 AM
Any thoughts on departure times on the 8th? Google's telling me it's 549 miles from GVL to Kisimmee; 11 hours 18 minutes. Obviously they didn't plan on making the trip in a MM. :burn:

SCCH
We need to figure out where we are going to meet up and backtrack our departure times from there.

Marauderman
03-31-2006, 04:42 PM
We need to figure out where we are going to meet up and backtrack our departure times from there.
yeah.......your right Jim....it all sounds like we need to meet a few times this summer to discuss all of this--.....BTW..-Ms. M said she too may not make it if we cannot get someone to watch our dog--she would rather stay and have me go for the fun if it comes down to that-well -you know I am down on going---PERIOD!...--so your right fastblackmerc--- --we need to do some calculations.....this is so cool.....and I still gotta fit an extra tire and wheel in the truck and backseat to boot!!

Proudcop
04-03-2006, 04:35 AM
I will be a few months into fatherhood but Im going to try to make it!!!!

JCB

fastblackmerc
04-03-2006, 04:39 AM
I will be a few months into fatherhood but Im going to try to make it!!!!

JCB
GREAT!!! If you want to Maraudervan down there you can meet up with me in the Raleigh area of Marauderman in the Charlotte area.

Proudcop
04-03-2006, 11:12 AM
Since I am driving south it would be better to meet in Charlotte because then I would be going east instead. You know, gas!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully I can maraudervan down as well. Depends on how the new kid is doing!!!!

JCB

fastblackmerc
04-03-2006, 06:49 PM
The new kid will do great. Hope to see you down in Orlando...

SC Cheesehead
04-04-2006, 04:05 AM
Since I am driving south it would be better to meet in Charlotte because then I would be going east instead. You know, gas!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully I can maraudervan down as well. Depends on how the new kid is doing!!!!

JCB

Hey!

Hope you can join us!

SCCH

Proudcop
04-04-2006, 10:09 AM
I really hope so too. Im figuring the new one will be about 5 to 6 weeks old, kind of pushing it so Im not sure. I really want to go but best guess is probably not. We shall see!

JCB

Rick@Amazon
04-30-2006, 09:00 PM
Looks like Linn and I will be heading down from Anderson SC. We'll be going down 85 to 385 down to route 26. From there right to I95. Anyone wanting to meet up let me know.

Rick

Marauderman
05-01-2006, 04:09 AM
Rick-- It seems there in Columbia where you pick up I-26 , just south is a rest stop---thats where several of us are gonna try and meet up--and then meet two more at the I-95 interchange 55 miles further down the road.....should be fun......that would be 5 of us at that point then I think..., then in GA pick up the group from the north that started out the day before, near Savanah, Ga....should be interesting....--Tom

fastblackmerc
05-05-2006, 12:28 PM
For future reference: Took me 3 hours to go from my house in Cary, N.C. to the I95 / I26 interchange in S.C. This was at a steady 79 - 80mph.

Marauderman
05-05-2006, 03:35 PM
That means to me I need to slow down --cause it take me 3 1/2 hours to the GA border from my home---..hee..hee..

Hotrauder
05-05-2006, 07:40 PM
You guys are going to have way to much fun. I am going to drive North to meet you. Dennis:beer:

BAD MERC
05-05-2006, 07:50 PM
I will definitely be there. I hope to convoy up with Carfixer, MarauderTJA, KingFubar and anybody else I may have missed (sorry). Heads up... anyone who DOES NOT have a place to stay yet is more than welcome to make a few nights of it at my brothers' house with me in Orange City (I-4 exit 111B). Send me a note if that is the case. See you all there!!

stevencory
09-06-2006, 07:25 AM
Not sure how to tell you this. I've always had a job
since I was 13 years old. Memorial Day my supervisor
comes into my office and tells me the funding has run
out and they can no longer afford my position. :help:

I've been looking for a job since June and it doesn't
look like I'm going to find one anytime soon. :flamer:

Jean and I sold the house in Chapel Hill and relocated
to a rental in Pittsboro. The car is up for sale in the
Classifieds section (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=624&sort=2&cat=3&page=1). I've cancelled the room and the trip to
Marauderville IV. Feeling really bummed out but I think
I'm doing what's best for the finances. :alone:

If you know anyone who is interested please let
them know about mine being on the market. :shake:

I hope you have a great time and can take some
photos for me too.

Thanks,

fastblackmerc
09-07-2006, 12:30 PM
Sorry to hear about that Steve.... was looking forward to meeting you & driving down to MMIV.... Hope all works out for you.

Hotrauder
09-07-2006, 05:40 PM
Steven, in the excitement of the moment we tend to forget that the everyday trials and tribulations that we all suffer from time to time may be negatively effecting some of our bretheren. Penny and I wish you well and hope that a good job jumps up in time to save your MM and that we may indeed meet you at MVIV. Godspeed. Dennis

SC Cheesehead
09-25-2006, 01:26 PM
Steve,

Sorry to hear about your situation. You and your family are in our prayers.

Rex

SC Cheesehead
09-25-2006, 01:30 PM
Hey FBM,

Any more thoughts on logistics for the trip down to MVIV? Haven't talked to MarauderMan or anybody else from the Carolina Marauders since our July get-together, we've got some time left, but thought we may want to start tying up some of the remaining details for the trip.

SCCH

Marauderman
09-25-2006, 02:15 PM
Hey FBM,

Haven't talked to MarauderMan or anybody else from the Carolina Marauders since our July get-together,

SCCH

Yes you have----we have PM some since then on this----.....I know--memory is the first to go...:lol:

SC Cheesehead
09-26-2006, 04:14 AM
Yes you have----we have PM some since then on this----.....I know--memory is the first to go...:lol:

Well you know what they say, "if your memory goes, just forgetaboutit." :depress:

Anyway, just wondering about updates on departure times, rendezvous points, etc? I know it's still a month off, but I got the planning bug.:thinker:

SCCH

CRUZTAKER
09-26-2006, 01:45 PM
Chris and I will be leaving on Nov. 7th. with one stop for the night near Savanah, GA.

As it gets closer...I would like to hook up with your group as well.

BTW: I did the Shreveport bypass to hook up for MV-I as well.

It's really cool having 20+ Marauders in a line for so long.

Marauderman
09-26-2006, 04:55 PM
Ok --My MM will be meeting your MM just south of Columbia on the 8th--early --time to be said later--we will tag to I-95 and meet up with fastblackmerc and any crew he has attracted at the first exit south from there..then we grab (hopefully) those from stop overs at Savanna, Ga.......they will hopefully give us some phone-cell-numbers before all this -in case we need to find them at this time--then we head down to Fla..hopefully meeting up with some FHP guys to help us move forward---cough!cough!--or otherwise we keep on going to JAcksonville and maybe hit Dennis's or keeping on going to the Big O--

As an late note--AS soon as I check in --I will be taking Ms M 82 miles further south on I-95 to Melborne to stay with some of her friends from her past--then turn around and return back 82 miles to the hotel--this all after a 9-10 hr drive to get to the Big O in the first place--DANG!--So probable a 12 -14 hr day for my first day---hello sleep when I get back late Wed nite ....someone wake me on Thursday--Ok

SC Cheesehead
09-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Marauderman,

"Ok --My MM will be meeting your MM just south of Columbia on the 8th--"
got that part.

"early --time to be said later" this is what we need to nail down.

Hey we gonna have any meetings, get-togethers, etc. within the next month? Would be a great chance to discuss then, also maybe get up to date with dok, frdwrench, others we haven't seen in a while (hint, hint).:poke:

I'm commited for the week of the 14th. Otherwise, schedule is open.

SCCH

Marauderman
09-27-2006, 04:05 AM
Marauderman,

"Ok --My MM will be meeting your MM just south of Columbia on the 8th--"
got that part.

"early --time to be said later" this is what we need to nail down.

Hey we gonna have any meetings, get-togethers, etc. within the next month? Would be a great chance to discuss then, also maybe get up to date with dok, frdwrench, others we haven't seen in a while (hint, hint).:poke:

I'm commited for the week of the 14th. Otherwise, schedule is open.

SCCH

Meeting each other on the 8th will have to wait till a few days before cause most won't be setting their departure times till then--but I plan on leaving early cause I have to go pass the Big O and come back later that evening---(see my last post)---but will still meet up with some MM's hopefully-- I suppose my early leave time of approximately 6 AM is a good place to start..hows that?

I may be going down to Rick's shop for a tune/check up soon--will let you know if you care to meet up ......as for the 14th--don't know --suppose to work but need to change cause Ms M will have foot surgery on 25th--so looking to change weekends----all depends on when I can get to Ricks---stay tuned---would be nice if one of the others would post up about there going on's...........Tom

fastblackmerc
09-27-2006, 04:20 AM
Marauderman & SC Cheesehead, let me know when you plan on arriving at I95 & I26 interchange. I'll adjust my starting time accordingly to meet you. My -cell# is 919 625-1200, Nextel Connect# 150*60*3327. Hopefully we'll hear from more MM's coming down from the north.

Marauderman
09-27-2006, 04:30 AM
Marauderman & SC Cheesehead, let me know when you plan on arriving at I95 & I26 interchange. I'll adjust my starting time accordingly to meet you. My -cell# is 919 625-1200, Nextel Connect# 150*60*3327. Hopefully we'll hear from more MM's coming down from the north.

I know its gonna be hard to do but we'll give it a shot---If I get out between 6-630AM I should meet up with SC C about 7:45 AM and its about 50 miles to I-26/I95--so I'd say about 8:30 would be a close time frame.....no doubt we all will be burning up the air waves that morning to insure we are close to each other...:lol:..Tom

fastblackmerc
09-27-2006, 05:18 AM
I know its gonna be hard to do but we'll give it a shot---If I get out between 6-630AM I should meet up with SC C about 7:45 AM and its about 50 miles to I-26/I95--so I'd say about 8:30 would be a close time frame.....no doubt we all will be burning up the air waves that morning to insure we are close to each other...:lol:..Tom

OK, so I'll leave no later than 5:30AM to meet up with you guys @ 195 / I26 interchange.

SC Cheesehead
09-27-2006, 02:01 PM

My cell # is 864-414-4642

SCCH

fastblackmerc
09-28-2006, 05:53 AM
Maybe the folks from Amazon Tuning Solutions will join us?

Marauderman
09-28-2006, 06:36 AM

I'm expectintg a call back from them to set up an appointment--I will tell them all about it and invite them along........chances are-they'll be busy elsewhere doing something similiar----we'll see...........

Marauderman
09-29-2006, 04:13 AM

Spoke with Linn yesterday--and they are commited elswhere .... otherwise would love to be apart.....next time maybe......

Steve_NC
10-01-2006, 04:59 PM
The wife and I will also be attending MVIV, and we have the reservations at the hotel already. I would love to be part of the ride down, but I think we are leaving early to see a friend in Lake City FL. I would also like to go over and see Dennis Reinhart since he is close to Lake CIty. I am thinking of maybe catching up to you all in FL if you have a set time and day. I have sent a PM to fastblackmerc with my home number. I would love to see all of the MMs runnig down the road. I think that would be one of the best parts of the trip.

Marauderman
10-03-2006, 07:46 AM
The wife and I will also be attending MVIV, and we have the reservations at the hotel already. I would love to be part of the ride down, but I think we are leaving early to see a friend in Lake City FL. I would also like to go over and see Dennis Reinhart since he is close to Lake CIty. I am thinking of maybe catching up to you all in FL if you have a set time and day. I have sent a PM to fastblackmerc with my home number. I would love to see all of the MMs runnig down the road. I think that would be one of the best parts of the trip.

I believe most of us will be leaving/driving down on the 8th--straight thru----will you be headed down earlier than that? A lot of the northern and western folks will be the day before but I believe will head into the Big O on Wed throughout the day.........

prchrman
10-03-2006, 12:40 PM
OK I'm late getting into the game and will be late to MVIV (Friday late 7ish) but it looks like because of some changes I will get to be there Friday night and Saturday and leave with the croud going to New Smyrna because I am starting a vacation in Daytona beach which is 20 min above New Smyrna...is the Seralago motel the offical motel for MVIV?...thanks ahead of time...willie

fastblackmerc
10-03-2006, 01:35 PM
is the Seralago motel the offical motel for MVIV?...thanks ahead of time...willie

Yes it is.

prchrman
10-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Thanks...I'm signed up for the 10th...willie

Marauderman
10-03-2006, 02:36 PM
Thanks...I'm signed up for the 10th...willie

Oh NO! ....Does this mean.......your gonna race at Gainesville for the first time-----tell me it is........PLEASE!!!!!:banana2: :D

jimlam56
10-03-2006, 03:33 PM

Steve, make sure you let me know when you are going to Lake City, as I'm right off I-10 between Jax and Lake City...at least for a cold drink and a pee break...:D

prchrman
10-03-2006, 06:33 PM
Oh NO! ....Does this mean.......your gonna race at Gainesville for the first time-----tell me it is........PLEASE!!!!!:banana2: :D

Nocando...will be getting in at 7pmish...I'm just stock so nothing missed...willie

fastblackmerc
10-31-2006, 11:36 AM
It's getting close.....

Marauderman & SC_Cheeshead, when do you think you'll be at the I26/I95 interchange in SC? It will take me 3 hours to get there from my house.

Steve_NC
10-31-2006, 04:35 PM
We will be leaving early Monday morning to be in Lake City by early afternoon I hope. I may have to pass on the trip to see Reinhart. The friends we are going to visit have moved to Whitespring, and I am not too sure where that is jsut yet :)

Marauderman
10-31-2006, 04:59 PM
It's getting close.....

Marauderman & SC_Cheeshead, when do you think you'll be at the I26/I95 interchange in SC? It will take me 3 hours to get there from my house.

SC Cheeshead-- time to take notes----
I"m leaving at 6am--will meet you at exit #119 off I-26-- pull off there and look for me--should be there by 7:15 am or so--wait if I am not there--I will do same-

fasblackmerc-- If SC Cheese and me are on time--we should be at exit #82 on I-95, just south of the I-26/ I-95 intersection about 8:30 AM

NOTE--All check /make sure we have cell #'s for all locked in your cell--

I plan on calling you fastblackmerc when SC and me are hooked down and bound towards you--- so you will have an idea when we will be at exit 82---it takes less than an hour ..about 55-60 miles approx.

This should be what we need to work towards--all agree?????

fastblackmerc
10-31-2006, 09:03 PM
I"m leaving at 6am--will meet you at exit #119 off I-26-- pull off there and look for me--should be there by 7:15 am or so--wait if I am not there--I will do same-

fasblackmerc-- If SC Cheese and me are on time--we should be at exit #82 on I-95, just south of the I-26/ I-95 intersection about 8:30 AM

I plan on calling you fastblackmerc when SC and me are hooked down and bound towards you--- so you will have an idea when we will be at exit 82---it takes less than an hour ..about 55-60 miles approx.

I got everyone's cell#'s. I'll be leaving my house at 5:30 AM and will be at the I-26/I-95 intersection at 8:30 AM.

Haggis
11-01-2006, 04:29 AM

Tom, what time should you be crossing into Ga.?

WooHoo, Chris and I get to sleep in on Wednesday morning.

SC Cheesehead
11-01-2006, 09:35 AM

I think there is a wayside around mile marker 122, just past the I-26/Hwy 21-176 interchange, how's about we meet up there?
SCCH

Marauderman
11-01-2006, 01:00 PM
I think there is a wayside around mile marker 122, just past the I-26/Hwy 21-176 interchange, how's about we meet up there?
SCCH

DOn't know mile markers--I go by the exit # in the 2006 Atlas---lets use that----

fastblackmerc
11-01-2006, 01:03 PM
If we meet at 8:30 AM on I-95 how long will it take us to get to the other MM's in Savannah? Assuming we travel at 78 - 79MPH?

Marauderman
11-01-2006, 01:04 PM
Tom, what time should you be crossing into Ga.?

WooHoo, Chris and I get to sleep in on Wednesday morning.

My best estimate is prolly about 9:30 or 10 am -( in time for you all to get breakfast for sure) -somewhere about then I hope---I'll call you when we hook up above ya on I-95--send me youir cell #..
Tom

--

Bluerauder
11-01-2006, 02:35 PM
DOn't know mile markers--I go by the exit # in the 2006 Atlas---lets use that----
They should be the same according to the current exit numbering system. Exits are numbered according to the distance in miles from the southern border to the northern border of the state (For N-S highways -- Odd numbered interstates like I-95, I-35, I-75 or I-85). And they are numbered from the western border to the eastern border of the state (For E-W highways -- Even numbered interstates like I-10, I-70, I-80). :D

Marauderman
11-01-2006, 04:23 PM
If we meet at 8:30 AM on I-95 how long will it take us to get to the other MM's in Savannah? Assuming we travel at 78 - 79MPH?

We'll put you and your "V' out front---and prolly a bit slower, we should be there in less of an hour....that why I'm saying about 930 or 10 just to make it to the Ga border---Savannah--not sure but not much since its right after that-- cause of our connections coming down-------pleanty of time to be there by the 4-6 Pm registration.Tom

Haggis
11-02-2006, 06:18 AM
My best estimate is prolly about 9:30 or 10 am -( in time for you all to get breakfast for sure) -somewhere about then I hope---I'll call you when we hook up above ya on I-95--send me youir cell #..
Tom

--

Sounds good Tom, I received your PM and have your cell #.

Chris and I are planning on making a small detour to San Sebastian Winery in St. Augustine, Fl. on our way down. All are welcome to join us and they make a excelent port wine.

Haggis
11-02-2006, 06:46 PM
Sounds good Tom, I received your PM and have your cell #.

Chris and I are planning on making a small detour to San Sebastian Winery in St. Augustine, Fl. on our way down. All are welcome to join us and they make a excelent port wine.

St. Augustine is from 5 to 10 miles from I-95 and it would be a good place to stretch our legs and taste some good wine. Their hours are 10am - 6pm Monday through Saturday.

Is anyone else interested?

Haggis
11-06-2006, 06:08 AM
...:bump:...

Haggis
11-06-2006, 10:38 AM
Do you guys have FRS radios. What channel do you usually use? I normally monitor Ch. 5.

Steve_NC
11-06-2006, 04:48 PM
Steve, make sure you let me know when you are going to Lake City, as I'm right off I-10 between Jax and Lake City...at least for a cold drink and a pee break...:D

Thank you very much for the offer, but I will have to take you up on it when we get to Orlando. We are in Lake City now, but having dinner at the friends house. See you all in a few days. Jim has my cell number. Please give me a call when you all get in.

Marauderman
11-06-2006, 05:33 PM
Do you guys have FRS radios. What channel do you usually use? I normally monitor Ch. 5.

Most of us will be using our cell phones---as far as I know-----seems that is what everyone has for sure .....

fastblackmerc
11-06-2006, 05:35 PM
Thank you very much for the offer, but I will have to take you up on it when we get to Orlando. We are in Lake City now, but having dinner at the friends house. See you all in a few days. Jim has my cell number. Please give me a call when you all get in.

Will do. Want me to bring some of the things we talked about in Wilmington?

Marauderman
11-07-2006, 05:45 AM
Well, tomorrow we all leave--here is what I have down for who meets who--

1. I'm meeting Pantheroc shortly after 6am on I-77 exit 85 in SC.
2. We travel together to meet Sc Cheesehead just south of Columbia in SC
on I-26--will call Cheeshead and coordinate the exact location.
3. Us three travel to just south of I-95 and meet up with fastblackmerc and
his crew --location determined via cell phone on the road.
4. This group( about 5+) travels into GA. and picks up Haggis and any in his
group.( about 2+).location around Richmond Hills, GA. exit..to be
detetmined by cell phone .
5. Pick up others as we see them or get info on.....

I have everyone cell #--so keep vol up for any calls-

Hopefull we can all connect without much difficulty (delays)

I suggest we put fastblackmerc up front with his "Valentine" and when one has to stop(gas) we notify him and all do the same and filler up regardless---

Does this sound ok with yall...........Tom

fastblackmerc
11-07-2006, 06:16 AM
Sounds good to me. As soon as we meet up in SC let's check to see the gas situation. If one of us needs gas we should all stop and fill up. I don't mind leading. I usually run 7 - 8 miles over the speed limit. If the wife is driving it's usually 8 - 10 over :D

Marauderman
11-07-2006, 06:26 AM
Sounds good to me. As soon as we meet up in SC let's check to see the gas situation. If one of us needs gas we should all stop and fill up. I don't mind leading. I usually run 7 - 8 miles over the speed limit. If the wife is driving it's usually 8 - 10 over :D

Yeah--about then my MM will sure need fuel---tell her to keep it just under 10 ----not as likely gonna get a group buy I don't think with that formula-:lol:

fastblackmerc
11-07-2006, 06:31 AM
Yeah--about then my MM will sure need fuel---tell her to keep it just under 10 ----not as likely gonna get a group buy I don't think with that formula-:lol:
Yeah, the gas will be cheaper in SC. We'll keep it under 10....

Marauderman
11-07-2006, 07:31 AM
:bump: :bump: so others can review----thanks---

Well, tomorrow we all leave--here is what I have down for who meets who--

1. I'm meeting Pantheroc shortly after 6am on I-77 exit 85 in SC.
2. We travel together to meet Sc Cheesehead just south of Columbia in SC
on I-26--will call Cheeshead and coordinate the exact location.
3. Us three travel to just south of I-95 and meet up with fastblackmerc and
his crew --location determined via cell phone on the road.
4. This group( about 5+) travels into GA. and picks up Haggis and any in his
group.( about 2+).location around Richmond Hills, GA. exit..to be
detetmined by cell phone .
5. Pick up others as we see them or get info on.....

I have everyone cell #--so keep vol up for any calls-

Hopefull we can all connect without much difficulty (delays)

I suggest we put fastblackmerc up front with his "Valentine" and when one has to stop(gas) we notify him and all do the same and filler up regardless---

Does this sound ok with yall...........Tom

Breadfan
11-07-2006, 07:32 AM
To all those traveling out to MV IV - Have a safe trip and a great time!

fastblackmerc
11-07-2006, 07:42 AM
Thanks!!!!!

pantheroc
11-07-2006, 09:59 AM
Meet up plan looks good.

Does Georgia, SC or FL have best gas prices?

fastblackmerc
11-07-2006, 10:28 AM
Meet up plan looks good.

Usually SC then GA, then Fl.

Smokie
11-07-2006, 10:34 AM
Meet up plan looks good.

Ussually 20-50 miles North of Florida border in Georgia are the best prices, as soon as you cross into Florida gas will jump up 0.20---0.25 cents a gallon.

fastblackmerc
11-07-2006, 10:54 AM
Brunswick, Ga. usually has the cheapest prices. Most of SC is good also. NC has high prices so try not to fillup here.

Marauderman
11-07-2006, 02:17 PM
Brunswick, Ga. usually has the cheapest prices. Most of SC is good also. NC has high prices so try not to fillup here.

Yes--I like Brunswick, Ga for gas--have stopped there alot--and food is great there also--Ky.Fried has a food bar thats good too!