PDA

View Full Version : Ok, Pics of my New exhaust

O's Fan Rich
03-26-2006, 05:34 AM
Well, I decided to get rid of the red glasspacks. I just could not hear the stereo over that sweet exhaust note. The drone was a little excessive, too.http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25754
So, I decided to take the plunge and spring for this....

The work was performed by Claude Mervine at Mervines Exhaust in Shillington, PA just outside of Reading. It took longer then I wanted it to, but I'm much better now.

STLR FN
03-26-2006, 06:52 AM
So how's it sound? I'm going with an H-pipe instead of the X.

JMan
03-26-2006, 07:13 AM
Rich,
That looks great. I'm sure it sounds great as well! I hate to rain on this thread, but that l/r shock absorber sure looks like a 'leaker'. this coming from the head Tokico cheerleader . . . NOT! Put up a clip when you can so we can hear that x-pipe in action.

Best luck,

J

rayjay
03-26-2006, 09:45 AM
Rich, I gotta get new eyes, what brand are your mufflers? Is the car stock north of the x pipe?

03MERCMARAUDER
03-26-2006, 10:08 AM
If you read his sig he has 04 cobra manifolds on there

Joe

O's Fan Rich
03-26-2006, 10:32 AM
Rich,
That looks great. I'm sure it sounds great as well! I hate to rain on this thread, but that l/r shock absorber sure looks like a 'leaker'. this coming from the head Tokico cheerleader . . . NOT! Put up a clip when you can so we can hear that x-pipe in action.

Best luck,

J
Yeah, I noticed that last night.... I'll be taking her in to get some things done in a week or , and we will see if the extended warranty helps out!
How would one go about making a clip of the sound, then posting it?
I have never done such a thing.

O's Fan Rich
03-26-2006, 10:33 AM
So how's it sound? I'm going with an H-pipe instead of the X.
The H pipe will probabably give you more of the "rump rump" sound.
The x makes it a more constant note.
But it sure sounds cool at 4 grand with the OD off!!!

O's Fan Rich
03-26-2006, 10:35 AM
Rich, I gotta get new eyes, what brand are your mufflers? Is the car stock north of the x pipe?
18" Magnaflows and the Cobra manifolds.
The only engine mods are bolt ons for now. I'm preparing for a bit o' boost in the near future.

jgc61sr2002
03-26-2006, 12:21 PM
Rich - I agree the system looks great.:D Nice job.

STLR FN
03-26-2006, 01:21 PM
The H pipe will probably give you more of the "rump rump" sound.
The x makes it a more constant note.
But it sure sounds cool at 4 grand with the OD off!!!That's what I've found from researching and from various perf. shops I've been too, no real performance gains by either just difference in sound.

rayjay
03-26-2006, 01:34 PM
If you read his sig he has 04 cobra manifolds on there

Joe

my eyes ain't no 21 anymore, coupled with being up 24+hrs, well you get the picture. :P