PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln Motorsports Chip

Ross
04-24-2003, 09:35 AM
I know that a lot of people on this board swear by the Reinhart chip, but I want to make a comparison if I can. Has anyone here used the chip from Lincoln Motorsports or heard anything about it? Even though I've heard a lot about Dennis' chip, I'd like to at least investigate all options before I buy. Thanks

darebren
04-24-2003, 09:43 AM
I think they are all the same, the same set of guys do the programming for them at least for the RPC or Kenny Brown stuff. I saw a chip at Jeg's too, but maybe they are all similar. boost shift points up in rev range, reduce rev limiter, increase transmission pressure for firmer shifts, maybe some fuel air ratio enhancements, basic stuff i guess if your a chip programmer.

Logan
04-24-2003, 10:52 AM
All Chips are not created equal. It has entirely to do with the knowledge of the programmer.

That's the key. ...and it could very well mean the difference between a blown motor and a motor that runs like a scalded ape.

I can personally attest to how good the Reinhart program is. I never tried the LMS Chip, though I imagine he has his fans too.

LincMercLover
04-24-2003, 11:13 AM
Talk to Nexstar. He has one. I've talked with Geno over at Lincoln Motorsport and really enjoyed the convo, more so than I have with the few e-mails/PM's I've exchanged with DR... but hey, that's just me.

My route (when I get there...) is a toss up right now. Now that I've seen what these FordChip guys do, I'm thinking about holding off and going in for the whole she-bang with them at once.

Ross
04-24-2003, 12:08 PM
Ford Chip guys? Is that someone else I should be checking out? Where do I find info on Ford Chip?

RF Overlord
04-24-2003, 12:44 PM
www.FordChip.com

jgc61sr2002
04-24-2003, 04:56 PM
RF - you are the answer man. :cool: John

nexstar7
04-25-2003, 07:32 PM
i have one in mine. and i think its great. shifting is much firmer and a great power increase

JohnnyB
04-26-2003, 05:52 PM
I have a Lincoln Motorsport Chip and MAF upgrade in my MArk VIII LSC. Tremendous power increase and firm shifts that you can feel. Can sometimes chirp 2nd gear.

Had no problems dealing with LMS

Dennis Reinhart
04-26-2003, 08:59 PM
Ford Chip is the same tuning as my chips the owner is my friend, I sell his tuning, you get the exact same tuning from me as them, the other company mentioned sells Diablo and there tuning.

Dennis

nexstar7
04-26-2003, 09:01 PM
yo johnny. are you still with the lincolns of distinction club. i remember reading lots of your posts.

Dennis Reinhart
04-26-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by darebren
I think they are all the same, the same set of guys do the programming for them at least for the RPC or Kenny Brown stuff. I saw a chip at Jeg's too, but maybe they are all similar. boost shift points up in rev range, reduce rev limiter, increase transmission pressure for firmer shifts, maybe some fuel air ratio enhancements, basic stuff i guess if your a chip programmer.

You are absolutley wrong in your comparison, to all chips are the same Fordchip and my self is the same, but as far as I am concerned we are tops. I would not waiste my money on the company you mentioned do some research on that topic.