PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Rotors

not5-0
03-28-2006, 07:32 PM
I notice rotors on ebay ranging from $150-300. After reading the particulars I can't determine if the more expensive are any different from the cheapies. Anyone purchased off ebay and if so, whats your opinion? I wouldn't mind getting them even if it meant only improving the appearance, what I don't want is to have to replace them after only a short period of time. Whadya think? Thanks

fastblackmerc
03-28-2006, 07:38 PM
Someone bought some of those rotors off of eBay awhile back. Do a search.....

natedog1284
03-28-2006, 07:54 PM
I did. I bought mine from iRotors. As you said, I wasn't too concerned about added braking benefit, (I always thought my car stopped fine anyway), but more about the appearance. As it turns out, it does seem to stop a little better, they look nice, (I painted my calipers black when I did them), and the best part was, they were actually cheaper than the OEM replacements. I'm happy, and would reccommend them to anyone. Just realize, they are pretty much stock replacements, and they seem to wear just like the stock ones (I have almost 10,000 mi on them, with almost no wear (BTW I'm using stock, but not original, pads), and I've gotten several compliments on them. Also, they are zinc coated, so they don't rust on the outside diameter like the stockers do. I think they add, if nothing else, a nice aggressive yet subtle look. And as I said, they were cheaper than OEM, so it's win win.

Blackened300a
03-29-2006, 03:16 PM
I was the one who purchased the Ebay slotted and cross-drilled rotors, The entire package for front,rear with pads was $300 shipped. After a lot of stop and go city driving which I racked up about 15k miles on them, I pulled a pad off and I was glad to see that it had minimal wear. The rotors were also in good condition and I havent had any vibration issues. The only problem with them is the break in period, It took about 500 stop and go miles to get them to really grab.
All and All Im happy with them and I have to admit they are a good deal.

magindat
03-29-2006, 05:01 PM
I am happy to hear of other's successes, however....

I'm an ebay skeptic.

I purchased Baer's version of this same idea. Mostly bling, a little stopping power. The Baer line is Decela. The fronts and rears are about 500 together from Autozone. They are also Zinc coated. The fronts have a 3 year warranty against warpage. You can't beat that ANYWHERE. Baer is here to stay. Not to slam, but I never heard of iRotors before I saw them on Ebay.

I got the ceramic pads from Tire Rack. Akebono.

I get lots of compliments, too. The akebono pads don't throw much dust either.

I notice after long highway drives, it's better to warm the brakes when entering the on ramp for maximum stopping power at the intersection.

Good luck!

sspmustang
04-06-2006, 05:29 PM
That's good info..I was looking over the Baer line today and don't see them for sale as an ebay item, just similar non-branded products..
If any one has a source for powdercoated calipers, please post it..
--Mike

MarauderMark
04-06-2006, 06:03 PM
Subscribing:)