PDA

View Full Version : EBC Brakes Kit Installation....

gonzo50
03-30-2006, 09:40 AM
Received my EBC Brakes Kit yesterday and was wondering (Group Buyers), who you was going to have do your installation, ie: Local Dealership, Speed Shop, Brake Center(Midas, Meineke, etc.), Regular Joe the Wrench. ???:confused:

Is this a simple & common brake job for your average mechanic to do ?

Are you using the shims that came with your brake pads for the noise reduction, are they required ?

Any specific type brake fluid required for this application or will the standard OEM fluid be suffice ?

The instructions state that easy driving for 300 miles for Pads, and 1000 miles for Rotors before any hard and aggressive braking, what about bedding ?

I want to stay local if possible to get this installed, but if all else fails, I'll take it to Dennis Reinhart Automotive for service. Thanks:coolman:

fastblackmerc
03-30-2006, 09:53 AM
Received my EBC Brakes Kit yesterday and was wondering (Group Buyers), who you was going to have do your installation, ie: Local Dealership, Speed Shop, Brake Center(Midas, Meineke, etc.), Regular Joe the Wrench. ???:confused:

Is this a simple & common brake job for your average mechanic to do ?

Are you using the shims that came with your brake pads for the noise reduction, are they required ?

Any specific type brake fluid required for this application or will the standard OEM fluid be suffice ?

The instructions state that easy driving for 300 miles for Pads, and 1000 miles for Rotors before any hard and aggressive braking, what about bedding ?

I want to stay local if possible to get this installed, but if all else fails, I'll take it to Dennis Reinhart Automotive for service. Thanks:coolman:

As soon as I get my kit and get the calipers back from the powdercoater I'll be installing them myself.

I will be using the shims.

See what the manual says for the specs on brake fluid, but I imagine that any good DOT5 brake fluid will suffice.

Follow the directions for break-in and bedding procedures.