PDA

View Full Version : Steering Wheels Colors/Parts Numbers

dansenander
03-31-2006, 10:00 PM
:help: Does someone here have the ability to find the proper parts number for a 300A Marauder steering wheel?

I had mine replaced and it is noticably 'gray' in color. Not even close to the black leather wrapped shifter.

I compared to the pulled part and old part was quite darker.

The dealer swears it is the proper one, although they agree it is grey-er in color.

I'm wondering, did they give me a Grand Marq. wheel.
I know they gave me a GM window last year...

300a had the 2 interior colors, mine is the darker one.

Thanks,
DS

STLR FN
04-01-2006, 12:34 AM
:help: Does someone here have the ability to find the proper parts number for a 300A Marauder steering wheel?

I had mine replaced and it is noticeably 'gray' in color. Not even close to the black leather wrapped shifter.

I compared to the pulled part and old part was quite darker.

The dealer swears it is the proper one, although they agree it is grey-er in color.

I know they gave me a GM window last year...

300a had the 2 interior colors, mine is the darker one.

Thanks,
DSThat color would be Charcoal Black and I will also agree in your assessment of the different colors. I had the front drivers seat cushion replaced two months ago. When I got the MM back I told my service rep about it. She ordered another new one. When it came in we compared all three the original factory one is darker than the two new replacements. Why? Dunno. Ford does some strange and stupid stuff. Anyhow the new cover is starting to darken a little so maybe it will match up.

EbonyMarauder03
04-01-2006, 04:30 AM
Post or PM the part number from your invoice and your VIN#. I will double check at work on Monday.

TheDonk
04-01-2006, 05:17 AM
Here's the Marauder specific # from my parts listing (no color options
listed as is for GM)
Marauder 3W3Z 3600 AAB

Hope it helps,
Mike

ROB502
04-01-2006, 05:41 AM
Yes, mine is the same way. They said it was that or keep the one that was comming apart.:(

RF Overlord
04-01-2006, 05:42 AM
Is the rim of the new wheel wrapped in leather full of little holes or is it just a hard plastic rim? If leather, then it's a Marauder wheel.

RoyLPita
04-01-2006, 05:53 AM
Here's the Marauder specific # from my parts listing (no color options
listed as is for GM)
Marauder 3W3Z 3600 AAB

Hope it helps,
Mike

My wheelwas replaced, too. They had to reorder it because it was "too light". According to my records, this is the correct part #.

dansenander
04-04-2006, 12:02 PM
The part number installed is:
"3W3Z 3600 AAB Wheel Asy - Steering"

I guess they used lighter dyes for the newer runs of steering wheels...

I wonder if a 300B interior is lighter that a 300A. Or maybe a Canada/US difference??

I'll try some leather dressings next time I detail the car.

Thanks for all the help, guys.

DS