PDA

View Full Version : Lift

tomd
04-25-2003, 12:34 PM
Is the rear end higher on the Marauder cuz of the tires or is it the springs or a combo of both?:confused:

He's with me :stupid:

RF Overlord
04-25-2003, 12:38 PM
tom:

The rear tires are slightly taller than the front, plus the ride-height sensor is set for a slightly "crouching" or "aggressive" stance...(Mercury marketing's words, not mine... :D ) If you want it level, the ride-height sensor is easy to adjust.

Mark McQuaide
04-25-2003, 05:19 PM
They call it a "gentle rake" or an "aggressive stance". I personally like it. Looks like it's about to launch even when it's parked. :D

sandman
04-29-2003, 09:10 PM
~~~~what Mark said!!~~~~

martyo
04-30-2003, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by RF Overlord
If you want it level, the ride-height sensor is easy to adjust.

RF: Do tell us how......:confused:

UncleLar
04-30-2003, 06:36 AM
Okay,here's the real skinny according to a Mercury design team member who prefers to remain anonymous.
Originally the Marauder was supposed to be a 4X4 with a factory 6" lift and 35" mudder tires to cash in on the 4X4 craze.When the bean counters figured out it would cut too much into the sales of the more profitable per unit Navigator and Expedition that idea was dropped.
After much reconsideration they decided to make it a more conventional rear wheel drive so they could retain the GM platform saving a ton of money and to put in the automatic rear ride height system. They figured this would be a good sales gimmick so they could sell thousands of MM's to the mob. The reason you haven't seen any advertising is Mercury is spending all their ad money placing ads in underground publications such as "Modern Mobster" and "Hitman Magazine" where the ads extoll the 4 major selling features. 1, Big sinister Black 4 door car.2, Extra high permance engine and handling package for fast getaways. 3, Looks enough like an un-marked cop car to scare the public out of the way and different enought to confuse the cops and any witnesses. 4, Extra large roomy trunk with automatic rear ride height control making it easy to cary 2 or more bodies without the telltale rear-end sag.
Oh,btw ,he told me he knew the real reason for the missing carpet pieces,but they'd kill him if he told anyone.
So,there you have it,the REAL inside story of the Mercury Marauder. JK

MAD-3R
04-30-2003, 06:40 AM
THat esplains alot. Also esplains why so many have been sold to the Chicago area.

RF Overlord
04-30-2003, 06:51 AM
ROFLMAO, UncleLar!

LincMercLover
04-30-2003, 07:10 AM
ROFLMAO, UncleLar!

Explains why they've sold a bunch to New York lawyers, too!

Ooohhh... :flamer:

prchrman
04-30-2003, 07:30 AM
I believe you are all wrong...they were made for hillybilly moonshine runners...black,big trunk, fast, level, handling..."Thunder Road"

Dave Compson
04-30-2003, 09:22 AM
I wondered why one of my new york neighbors told me she thought it was a mafia hit man's car, or a "company car". Now i know the real reason.

ROMFLMAO

FordNut
04-30-2003, 10:05 AM
Here's some info for ya

http://www.mercurymarauder.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1089&highlight=lower+rear

DLoreanMARAUDER
04-30-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by UncleLar
4, Extra large roomy trunk with automatic rear ride height control making it easy to cary 2 or more bodies without the telltale rear-end sag.

THEN WHY THE LITTLE GLOW IN THE DARK HANDLE? I was told too many Mobsters were buying the car, so they put the handle there to discourage mofia sales!! :uzi: :lol:

now if you dont mind, im going to mess with george some more :flamer: :beer:

martyo
04-30-2003, 07:15 PM
Thanks John. I notice that RF edited his post! LOL

jgc61sr2002
04-30-2003, 11:39 PM
ROFLMAO, UncleLar!

Explains why they've sold a bunch to New York lawyers, too! RF - Take it easy, I've got MartyO's back covered. John P.S. RF you need :help: .