PDA

View Full Version : I miss being boosted!

TooManyFords
04-03-2006, 10:18 PM
I just finished uninstalling my ProCharger so I can ship it to the buyer. Man I sure miss being boosted!

But, as a testament to the FIT Kit, I was able to completely uninstall the kit and put mine back to factory in just a shade over 6 hours. That includes retuning the computer and burping the cooling system. Should you need to, uninstall and reinstall is not hard at all. Greg may not have as many pages and pictures of the other kits, but that's only because it is easy. Costing less is just icing.

If I get another Marauder, and I know I will, it will get another FIT kit!

Thanks again Greg!

john

Mike M
04-03-2006, 10:21 PM
I want to have Greg's baby.
I love my F.I.T. Kit!

TopCat
04-04-2006, 06:17 AM
I just finished uninstalling my ProCharger so I can ship it to the buyer. Man I sure miss being boosted!

But, as a testament to the FIT Kit, I was able to completely uninstall the kit and put mine back to factory in just a shade over 6 hours. That includes retuning the computer and burping the cooling system. Should you need to, uninstall and reinstall is not hard at all. Greg may not have as many pages and pictures of the other kits, but that's only because it is easy. Costing less is just icing.

If I get another Marauder, and I know I will, it will get another FIT kit!

Thanks again Greg!

john

How long did it take to get just the blower off? don't you have to do that to change the belt?

TooManyFords
04-04-2006, 07:00 AM
How long did it take to get just the blower off? don't you have to do that to change the belt?

Yes, you do. It took me about 15 minutes to remove the blower to change the belt. No magic. 3 bolts, 2 hose clamps and a 3/8" breaker bar to release the tensioner.

Back on is about the same amount of time.

I started it this morning and almost cried. No whistle from under the hood. I forgot what a stock motor sounds like. I've got my factory tune back in it and substituted my tranny mods in the program. I'm also up to +4 in the Global Spark Adder and may try +6 today. I may actually try the NOS tonight too after putting the spark back down to +0. We'll see.

Otherwise it is running just like most everyone elses.

If you didn't win in the other supercharger raffle, now's the time to save at least $1000 and get a FIT Kit! You can install it in about 6-8 hours, you can restore back to factory if you want and it goes just as fast as the "other" guys. What's not to like about those options!

Cheers!

john

Zack
04-04-2006, 09:02 AM
john, do not beat on that car, especially with the gas. a factory tune with those high flowing heads will spell disaster at WOT.

maraudernkc
04-04-2006, 09:37 AM
John, I agree with Zack. Be careful.

john, do not beat on that car, especially with the gas. a factory tune with those high flowing heads will spell disaster at WOT.

TooManyFords
04-04-2006, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the input Zack and Greg. Is it because they flow so much better?

Not really sure of the reasoning behind the caution though... I mean no disrespect and I won't got WOT until I hear back, but isn't the whole point of better flowing heads to get more in the cylinders? And, since it's all metered air, won't the computer just put more fuel in there to match? Also, being a forged everything and no boost, will it really be a house of cards?

Again, just school me because I will be the first to admit I don't know everything. There is a reason for your caution and I just want to understand the reaoning behind it is all. :)

You both have my total respect.

Cheers!

John

Zack
04-04-2006, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the input Zack and Greg. Is it because they flow so much better?

Not really sure of the reasoning behind the caution though... I mean no disrespect and I won't got WOT until I hear back, but isn't the whole point of better flowing heads to get more in the cylinders? And, since it's all metered air, won't the computer just put more fuel in there to match? Also, being a forged everything and no boost, will it really be a house of cards?

Again, just school me because I will be the first to admit I don't know everything. There is a reason for your caution and I just want to understand the reaoning behind it is all. :)

You both have my total respect.

Cheers!

John

If that was the case, dyno tuning would not be necessary.

MikesMerc
04-04-2006, 12:02 PM
Zack is right. The computer is only there to shave a little off the high and low ends of the AFR. For NOS with better flowing heads, I'd get it dyno tuned with a good wideband.

HwyCruiser
04-04-2006, 03:29 PM
At least your #3 went to a good home. Now bring on the monster blower!

PS: John, check this out: www.superchiller.com, you just need hoses to reach the lake and you'd have it made!

MarauderTJA
04-04-2006, 04:39 PM
Hey John, you going to bring that bad boy blower car to MV IV? Would love to see it run at Gainesville.

FordNut
04-04-2006, 04:45 PM
At WOT, the computer goes into open-loop control. The AFR is set by parameters in a table in the program in that case instead of being adjusted by the PCM to maintain a 14.7:1 AFR. If any engine goes too lean at WOT, whether built or not, it risks detonation and destruction.

TooManyFords
04-04-2006, 08:30 PM
At least your #3 went to a good home. Now bring on the monster blower!

PS: John, check this out: www.superchiller.com (http://www.superchiller.com), you just need hoses to reach the lake and you'd have it made!

Yeah, I've scoped out a couple different styles of intercoolers. Haven't made a decision on this yet. May happen yet!

That lake thing though.... hehehehe

John

TooManyFords
04-04-2006, 08:33 PM
Hey John, you going to bring that bad boy blower car to MV IV? Would love to see it run at Gainesville.

Yes, it will be rolling into Orlando for MVIV! As for running down the track, probably not. ;)

John

TooManyFords
04-04-2006, 08:36 PM
At WOT, the computer goes into open-loop control. The AFR is set by parameters in a table in the program in that case instead of being adjusted by the PCM to maintain a 14.7:1 AFR. If any engine goes too lean at WOT, whether built or not, it risks detonation and destruction.

Good point...