PDA

View Full Version : More Boost

Mike M
04-04-2006, 10:33 PM
Has anyone here gone with the smaller pulley in their ProCharger?
I have the 9 psi pulley and I am thinking of going with the 12psi.

snowbird
04-05-2006, 04:34 AM
Has anyone here gone with the smaller pulley in their ProCharger?
I have the 9 psi pulley and I am thinking of going with the 12psi.
Mike,

If you got a stock cast block and i think you run 91 octane down in AZ, this would spell for a grenaded block short term IMO. Unless, you're looking for an excuse to have a forged block ...

ROB502
04-05-2006, 05:22 AM
The stock cast pistons can't handle it.:eek:

blackf0rk
04-05-2006, 05:40 AM
Plenty of people have run 12-13psi with our Marauders...

Mike M
04-05-2006, 08:37 AM
I always fill up 1/2 tank with 106 octane and the other 1/2 with 91, this should give me 98-98 octane.
I have driven it with 91 once and didn't really hear anything but I rather be sure.
Anyone know the power increase from 9-12 psi???

snowbird
04-05-2006, 09:57 AM
I always fill up 1/2 tank with 106 octane and the other 1/2 with 91, this should give me 98-98 octane.
I have driven it with 91 once and didn't really hear anything but I rather be sure.
Anyone know the power increase from 9-12 psi???

Ok. Fuel being ok, gain is roughly 15-20 RWHP per pounds of boost.

MarauderTJA
04-05-2006, 02:27 PM
I have run a 12 lb (3.60) pulley since my install of F.I.T. Kit #2 for more than 12k miles. I did have to upgrade to 60 lb injectors as well as a Diablosport MAfia MAF extender to keep it safe. Most important was a total of 10 hours (2 sessions) with a hands-on tune by Scott Beer at Diablosport in Del Ray Beach, Florida. The tune does pull considerable timing out with higher ambient temperatures (up to 6 degrees of timing). I run 93 octane for daily driving and when I race the car I do put in 100 octane for added safety.

HwyCruiser
04-05-2006, 03:29 PM
Mike, IMO you'd want to upgrade the air and fuel systems and get it dyno tuned with the 360 pulley like Tom did. The kit was designed and tuned with the 370 pulley (9 psi), so pushing 33% more boost without additional compensation could spell disaster.

Anyway, there's plenty of power left to be tapped with an aftermarket exhaust. I hit 465 rwph @ 6200 rpm with the same setup as yours but with DR's cobra exhaust. Even that's scary on a stock motor. If your going to run race gas, We've now got a sweet 100 octane tune that you might look at trying out.

Mike M
04-05-2006, 04:37 PM
New Tune...Tell me more!

MarauderTJA
04-05-2006, 04:40 PM
I forgot to mention that I do have a DR Cobra Exhaust system with a complete 2.5" system to the tailpipes.

MI2QWK4U
04-05-2006, 04:45 PM
...... I hit 465 rwph @ 6200 rpm with the same setup as yours but with DR's cobra exhaust. Even that's scary on a stock motor. If your going to run race gas, We've now got a sweet 100 octane tune that you might look at trying out.

You bring up two good points here, first 465 rwhp on a stock motor is just fine! Fear not, I ran at 523 rwhp for a month before a new tune brought me to 513 rwhp where I ran all last summer at. If your tune is good, fuel is good, you have nothing to worry about.

Secondly, and most importantly, the race gas tune...It is very big for our supercharged cars. To begin with, 100 octane race gas is well known to be purer due to refinement specs, not to mention it is never a mix of different octane gasses to achive a result. Basically it is safer to run on race gas. If you have the tune for it, do it. People need to understand that it opens so many more tuning doors with options to make your car more powerful, yet safer.

Its refreshing talking about things that any supercharged car can benefit from instead of insulting each other for our choices.

MarauderTJA
04-05-2006, 05:13 PM
You bring up two good points here, first 465 rwhp on a stock motor is just fine! Fear not, I ran at 523 rwhp for a month before a new tune brought me to 513 rwhp where I ran all last summer at. If your tune is good, fuel is good, you have nothing to worry about.

Secondly, and most importantly, the race gas tune...It is very big for our supercharged cars. To begin with, 100 octane race gas is well known to be purer due to refinement specs, not to mention it is never a mix of different octane gasses to achive a result. Basically it is safer to run on race gas. If you have the tune for it, do it. People need to understand that it opens so many more tuning doors with options to make your car more powerful, yet safer.

Its refreshing talking about things that any supercharged car can benefit from instead of insulting each other for our choices.

Dave you are 100% right and I agree completely. Even here in the heat of Florida, I drive and race my car on a regular basis year round with stock internals. I have added the proper mods to allow this. I have put 12K on my car since first being S/C'd. The car now has 27K on the clock and IMO it is as dependable as when it was all stock. A safe 475 RWHP on 93 octane gas. I have not used a 100 octane race tune set up for my car yet. But as Dave mentions, race gas is far safer, purer and allows more aggressive tuning and more. Something I have to look at myself down the road.

HwyCruiser
04-05-2006, 05:35 PM
New Tune...Tell me more!

Ahhh, not until I take Greg's money. :D

Seriously, it's nothing you can't do with your Predator. I just let Dave L. set me up an alternate program for race day. I've had it down the track a couple of times, but the weak diff was killing my 330 ft. Hmmm, I wonder if my gears are broke in yet?

BTW, the 465 rwhp was on 91 octane (highest available in Springfield).

MarauderTJA
04-05-2006, 05:50 PM
Ahhh, not until I take Greg's money. :D

Seriously, it's nothing you can't do with your Predator. I just let Dave L. set me up an alternate program for race day. I've had it down the track a couple of times, but the weak diff was killing my 330 ft. Hmmm, I wonder if my gears are broke in yet?

BTW, the 465 rwhp was on 91 octane (highest available in Springfield).

Come on JD, give me a chance to take Greg's money too:D . How about until the end of the month:help: . I will have eveything in and ready to go. You will still have the advantage of cooler weather than me. I too was getting killed with my slipping lousy stock posi unit:eek: . Who knows how bad it was keeping me away from the 11's:alone: . Hey man we are PC brothers:bows:

HwyCruiser
04-05-2006, 06:06 PM
LOL Tom, I'm all heart ain't I. :D

OK, I'm game. Someone come up with a reasonable set of rules for this long distance grudge match. The other guys can get in on this too if they want.

Possible considerations: window of opportunity, temperature compensation, heavily weighed on repeatability, and heck we might as well do altitude correction (KC is at 750 ft). Its run what you brung though, I don't want to hear anything about who's got what mods. The repeatability should take care of that.

A cold stone 11.99 or better is the #1 goal though! Let the F.I.T. Wars begin!

MarauderTJA
04-05-2006, 06:24 PM
LOL Tom, I'm all heart ain't I. :D

OK, I'm game. Someone come up with a reasonable set of rules for this long distance grudge match. The other guys can get in on this too if they want.

Possible considerations: window of opportunity, temperature compensation, heavily weighed on repeatability, and heck we might as well do altitude correction (KC is at 750 ft). Its run what you brung though, I don't want to hear anything about who's got what mods. The repeatability should take care of that.

A cold stone 11.99 or better is the #1 goal though! Let the F.I.T. Wars begin!

Cool JD:banana2: Your on buddy:beer: . I think the heat I have to deal with more than compensates for your altitude issue. I just put up a post on the Run what you Brung thingy. Get your car ready my man, it's on!

HwyCruiser
04-05-2006, 07:10 PM
Tom, yeah, any corrections aren't going to mean squat if the timeslip doesn't say 11.99 or better.

See the $200 for an 11's run thread for my thoughts.

MarauderTJA
04-05-2006, 07:17 PM
Tom, yeah, any corrections aren't going to mean squat if the timeslip doesn't say 11.99 or better.

See the $200 for an 11's run thread for my thoughts.

Your right JD......

MarauderMarc
04-05-2006, 08:42 PM
Im right behind you both...watch out...;)

MarauderTJA
04-06-2006, 02:27 PM
Im right behind you both...watch out...;)

Come on and join in Marc...All F.I.T. cars are welcomed:D