PDA

View Full Version : Single Power adder 11's club

maraudernkc
04-05-2006, 11:27 AM
It's hard to beleive that there are only 3 cars running in the 11's with a single power adder. I hope some people will change that. I don't care what blower you have on your car.:beer:

DEFYANT
04-05-2006, 11:30 AM
With the new racing season here, I believe that will change.

maraudernkc
04-05-2006, 11:56 AM
DEFYANT, I think you are right. May the racing Gods be with you!

With the new racing season here, I believe that will change.

juno
04-05-2006, 12:55 PM
Uh, I only count you, Zack, and Defyant. :D Very exclusive club.

Tallboy
04-05-2006, 12:59 PM
Uh, I only count you, Zack, and Defyant. :D Very exclusive club.

I think Dave's referring to the fact that, while they do have nitrous listed in their current times, I'm pretty sure all of them have run 11s without it.

MarauderTJA
04-05-2006, 02:17 PM
I think the real issue is stock internals with a single power adder. Forged internals are a completely different class of engine for a Marauder.

To that end these members are very few and are truly in an exclusive group.:beer:

MikesMerc
04-05-2006, 02:40 PM
Those who ran 11's with stock internals and one power adder:

Lidio (ran 11s before he went with NOS)
Jerry (#1 ran 11s on stock motor before NOS)
Zack (was in the 11s before rebuild I think)
Dave (has only run one power adder, Trilogy SC)
Mike (ran 11s on stock block last year no spray)
Charlie (ran 11s on stock block)

Still a small group.

SergntMac
04-05-2006, 03:01 PM
I think the real issue is stock internals with a single power adder. Forged internals are a completely different class of engine for a Marauder. How's that work, Tom?

When I built my engine back in '04, everything I put in (FRP steel forged crank, Eagle H beam rods, JE aluminum forged pistons) weighed more than the OEM parts I took out. Logic says that all other things being equal, the "forged" engine will have a lot more work to do spinning up a heavier rotating mass. Therefore, in theory anyway, two identical builds different only in material and composition, the OEM engine should produce more power.

Of course I understand that once internals are more durable, you can turn up the power adder of choice with a wider margin of safety, however, side by side, I expect the OEM engine to out perform the built engine in brake HP.

MarauderTJA
04-05-2006, 05:00 PM
How's that work, Tom?

When I built my engine back in '04, everything I put in (FRP steel forged crank, Eagle H beam rods, JE aluminum forged pistons) weighed more than the OEM parts I took out. Logic says that all other things being equal, the "forged" engine will have a lot more work to do spinning up a heavier rotating mass. Therefore, in theory anyway, two identical builds different only in material and composition, the OEM engine should produce more power.

Of course I understand that once internals are more durable, you can turn up the power adder of choice with a wider margin of safety, however, side by side, I expect the OEM engine to out perform the built engine in brake HP.

I believe as you said Mac the word "durable" is the key. I pulled a high of 515 RWHP with my stock internals at Diablosport on 93 octane. If it wasn't for Scott Beer being behind the tune I would have been scared to death (and I was very nervous even then) to see my motor grenade on the floor. We pulled it back to around 475 RWHP as well as the timing in hot weather to keep the motor safe. I have been very happy in running the car here in the Florida heat with consistant 12.3 - 12.5's. But like most of us, I want a bit more.

You can push the timing, A/F and more with a forged motor with less, not complete, worry of losing the motor. As for brake horsepower, I cannot comment, but every forged motor I built has put out considerable more horsepower than before when it was stock with changes in timing and pushing the power adders more, be it nitrous or boost. I just really like the piece of mind and that is why I am building a forged motor as we speak for my car.

MarauderMark
04-05-2006, 05:04 PM
Something i will never be able to prove.:(

MikesMerc
04-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Mac is absolutely correct that, all other things (such as tune) being equal, a heavier forged motor will indeed put down less power. The heavier reciprocating mass definitely eats up some ponies.

However, it almost goes without saying that a forged motor can handle more power, and that most who build one will be looking to turn up the wick. The net result is typically more power.