PDA

View Full Version : sutton ford custom tune dealer

michael ward
04-07-2006, 12:18 AM
has anyone ever had a tune done at sutton ford? if so could you explain your dealer visit. my tech told me that sutton ford does chips and to talk to doug garrity.or can someone recommend someplace in the chicago area that does tunes... or is it worth the money to do a tune on a stock m.m is there anymore off the line grunt.. I heard some good and bad about sutton ford and one was there not cheap.. thanks for any imput...

SergntMac
04-07-2006, 05:25 AM
Sutton does dyno tuning, and they are very busy. Expect a two week wait, and an average cost of 250. or better for SCT tuning. Doug has left the company, replaced by Greg, who's a pretty sharp guy. 708.720.8501.

Bradley G
04-07-2006, 05:55 AM
Dynopros does dyno tuning.
Dynojet full chassis dyno with 02 sampling.

michael ward
04-07-2006, 09:57 PM
MAC and BRADLEY thanks for your [411]info..

ckadiddle
04-08-2006, 06:38 AM
A custom tune really wakes up the car! I bought the xcal2 from one of our mm.net board vendors with their standard "mail order" tune for stock marauder. Makes a hell of a difference. If Sutton Ford does anything like what Lidio and Dennis do, it's well worth the effort and expense.

SergntMac
04-08-2006, 06:56 AM
If Sutton Ford does anything like what Lidio and Dennis do, it's well worth the effort and expense. Chief wrench in their HP division is Jerry VanDerlinde. He's a "graduate with honors" from SCT University (Jerry Trained) and the builder of Sutton's 9 second renegade class '05 Mustang. He's tuned my MM to it's latest 528 RWHP, 479RWTQ, and we're not done yet...Hehehe.

Disclaimer: Nothing posted in this reply should be misconstrued in any way as an indication of my racing status in the 2006 season. And, don't bother asking either...