PDA

View Full Version : Bottom Site Nav

Dan
04-10-2006, 02:12 PM
The way it is right now we need to scroll back to the top to get to the site nav (breadcrum trail) when we are at the bottom of a page.

I'm pretty sure that there is a way to put the breadcrumb trail at the bottom, too. Would someone in management be willing to see if they could make that happenf or us please?

Thanks,

Dan

Dan
04-14-2006, 05:59 AM
Hey, it's dark in here.

Hotrauder
04-14-2006, 06:16 AM
http://www.newportharbor.us/computerworks.htm (http://www.newportharbor.us/computerworks.htm)

<!-- end of AOLMsgPart_2_b495c556-0df2-4801-a477-090b0083bd6c -->Dan, adjust the little red doo-hickey by the ram jet arm and viola...breadcumbs and several thousand dollsars later a new computer. thanks for fixing this for us. Dennis:beer: <!-- SPAMfighter Signature -->

Dan
04-14-2006, 06:26 AM
Not the problem. It was the frajistat. Somehow it slipped out of its connection with the discomboobulatedbobulator.

We are all set now and the frajistatic discomboobulatedbobulator is ready for action.

Unfortunately, the really good suggestion that was made in this thread remains unacknowledged. :(

Hotrauder
04-14-2006, 06:33 AM
Dan, it is a great idea and I am sure than someone is going to jump on it any second. BUNNY....WHERE IS THE RABBIT??? HELP, help, help. dennis:rolleyes:

MM03MOK
04-14-2006, 06:36 AM
This is DEFINITELY beyond my comfort level in writing code. That's a Logan Only Request.

Do note there is a TOP link, to the right of ARCHIVE, at the bottom of every page that takes you right back to the top. You can also minimize some of the boxes at the bottom of the page.

Dan
04-14-2006, 09:50 AM
This is DEFINITELY beyond my comfort level in writing code. That's a Logan Only Request.

Do note there is a TOP link, to the right of ARCHIVE, at the bottom of every page that takes you right back to the top. You can also minimize some of the boxes at the bottom of the page.

Thanks, Mary. Too bad it is over your head. I have used all of the tweaks that I can and use the breadcrumbs at the top but know how much better life is when they are at the bottom, too.

Maybe just putting a link at the bottom which takes one back to the main forums page is easier/possible. Either way, it makes the browsing experience of our favorite site that much nicer.

Best,

Dan

SergntMac
04-14-2006, 10:12 AM
I must be missing something. I don't see anything called "breadcrumbs", but I did find the "top" thingy. Works for me.

Isn't there a way to change the display to newest posts first?

Dan
04-14-2006, 10:17 AM
I must be missing something. I don't see anything called "breadcrumbs", but I did find the "top" thingy. Works for me.

Mac,

That "top thing" is known as breadcrumbs. :)

Best,

Dan

Hotrauder
04-14-2006, 11:42 AM
But for the breadcrumbs, there go I ; lost, lost in the wilderness wandering forever in search of meaningful posts. Help......:rolleyes:

BruteForce
04-14-2006, 12:28 PM
Mac,

That "top thing" is known as breadcrumbs. :)

Best,

Dan

Nope. Breadcrumbs refers to a web page navigational feature that allows one to have direct links to several "levels" of site structure directly related to where they are currently. For example, the breadcrumb trail on this page is the set of the links near the top that look like this:

MercuryMarauder.net Forums > Site Related > Site Suggestions

The "top thing" as in the link that says Top is called a bookmark that is a link to content within a particular page (in this case the same page).

BruteForce
04-14-2006, 12:31 PM
I must be missing something. I don't see anything called "breadcrumbs", but I did find the "top" thingy. Works for me.?

See my prior post

Yep. Go to the "Home" link, click on "New Posts" listed under the heading Preferences.

SergntMac
04-14-2006, 01:18 PM
"Breadcrumbs". I got it now.

My applications at my office are Oracle based, and they don't allow me to back up a screen, and I use what I now know to be "breadcrumbs" to page back.

Learned something new, thanks y'all!