PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina Police

hdirish50
04-12-2006, 08:00 AM
I was in North Carolina last weekend and I thought that I saw the State Police driving Marauders. Every time I saw one, they had someone pulled over giving them a ticket, so I could not get a good look at one. I could not tell if it was a Marauder of a Crown Vic, but the car was silver. Anybody here know?

fastblackmerc
04-12-2006, 08:19 AM
I was in North Carolina last weekend and I thought that I saw the State Police driving Marauders. Every time I saw one, they had someone pulled over giving them a ticket, so I could not get a good look at one. I could not tell if it was a Marauder of a Crown Vic, but the car was silver. Anybody here know?
I pass the NC SHP headquarters and their garage often and I've never seen a NC SHP Marauder. They do use Crown Vics though. Be careful because they use various unmarked cars like late model Camaros.

Marauderjack
04-12-2006, 02:43 PM
Talk about entrapment......

The Mt. Pleasant, SC police have put a damn magnetic "TAXI" light on top of a CV and have written dozens of tickets until a lady refused to stop one night for fear it was some nutjob!!!:eek: :shake: When they finally got her to stop in a well lit area they showed badges which she didn't believe and she got very upset....they wrote a ticket that I believe she can beat if she doesn't back down!!;) She proceeded to reveal them to local TV stations and the fun began!!:cool:

The local TV "heros" revealed that the Mt. Pleasant cops have also disguised themselves as bridge workers with hard hats and walkie talkies in golf carts!!??:confused: They have hand held radars and they radio chase cars to pull folks over......What the heck is going on here?? Are they generating income for the town or actually protecting people......I think it is $$$$'s only!!

If my tax dollars are being spent I prefer to see MARKED cars since they are automatically a deterrant!!:beer:

Sorry about the rant but enough is enough.....We are all Americans...I hope??:o Why are they trying to make it US & THEM!!??:confused:

Marauderjack:cool:

Agent M79
04-12-2006, 03:42 PM
I am up and down 77 a bunch and I have seen marked Crowns, unmarked Crowns, unmarked Grand Marquis, and marked Camaros. Some of the locals have Tahoes but I don't think they are using them for pursuit.

Not too long ago I saw a NCHP motorcycle. I didn't think they did that anymore.

Marauder386
04-12-2006, 05:03 PM
Talk about entrapment......

The Mt. Pleasant, SC police have put a damn magnetic "TAXI" light on top of a CV and have written dozens of tickets until a lady refused to stop one night for fear it was some nutjob!!!:eek: :shake: When they finally got her to stop in a well lit area they showed badges which she didn't believe and she got very upset....they wrote a ticket that I believe she can beat if she doesn't back down!!;) She proceeded to reveal them to local TV stations and the fun began!!:cool:

The local TV "heros" revealed that the Mt. Pleasant cops have also disguised themselves as bridge workers with hard hats and walkie talkies in golf carts!!??:confused: They have hand held radars and they radio chase cars to pull folks over......What the heck is going on here?? Are they generating income for the town or actually protecting people......I think it is $$$$'s only!!

If my tax dollars are being spent I prefer to see MARKED cars since they are automatically a deterrant!!:beer:

Sorry about the rant but enough is enough.....We are all Americans...I hope??:o Why are they trying to make it US & THEM!!??:confused:

Mount PlezzSnot also has a mangy old Toyrotta pickup they use too...the revenue thing is prolly true but should not be a problem over there since its an "area of the affluent" with really high taxes. All I do is laugh at these guys as I cruise by them in what they should be driving...a blown Mercury Marauder...

:coolman:

Marauderjack
04-13-2006, 04:05 AM
I met they guy who bought a Black '03 MM from my dealer. He is the Police Chief in Ridgeland, SC and was very interested it making his car run faster than the OEM 120 MPH or so!!:argue:

He told me that Tahoes and Suburbans routinely outrun him on the interstate....Very embarrassing and futile to chase them!!:bigcry: He said that those SUV's will run 140+ MPH which surprised the heck out of me!!:eek:

I gave him Dennis' number but don't know if he ever called??:confused:

fastblackmerc
04-13-2006, 04:46 AM
I am up and down 77 a bunch and I have seen marked Crowns, unmarked Crowns, unmarked Grand Marquis, and marked Camaros. Some of the locals have Tahoes but I don't think they are using them for pursuit.

Not too long ago I saw a NCHP motorcycle. I didn't think they did that anymore.
I see the NCHP cycles all the time on I40. For a while the local PO's in Concord had their cars painted to look like NASCAR's.

Marauderman
04-13-2006, 05:52 AM
Well, first off , when coming to NC you should let us know--and where your heading---we may be able to stop and say howdy ---------now.......looking at your occupation you listed .....it says Law Enforcement-.....so you should know that silver CV's , at quick glance , can be mistaken for an MM....but only us MM owners would know that anyway-----so do you own one?.......
Others are correct here in that the NC SHP uses alot of different vehiches..heck..doesn't each state.....which begs my previous Q?..If you own an MM, were you driving it at the time.?........cause I get alot of "waves" from LEO's when I go by them ....and of course I wave back.....and oh yeah-NO MM's in this State in Service as yet..........but say hey when down this way again........Tom

hdirish50
04-13-2006, 08:52 AM
Hay Tom,
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Sorry for not notifying you guys in NC. Also, I’m a little embarrassed to say, but I was going a little to fast to notice what the cars the Sate Police were driving. Between that and other vehicles blocking my view, I could not get a good look at them.
<o:p></o:p>

Well, first off , when coming to NC you should let us know--and where your heading---we may be able to stop and say howdy ---------now.......looking at your occupation you listed .....it says Law Enforcement-.....so you should know that silver CV's , at quick glance , can be mistaken for an MM....but only us MM owners would know that anyway-----so do you own one?.......
Others are correct here in that the NC SHP uses alot of different vehiches..heck..doesn't each state.....which begs my previous Q?..If you own an MM, were you driving it at the time.?........cause I get alot of "waves" from LEO's when I go by them ....and of course I wave back.....and oh yeah-NO MM's in this State in Service as yet..........but say hey when down this way again........Tom

chuckled
04-13-2006, 09:22 AM
State cops everywhere are beginning to use more and more unmarked and marked vehicles that they have confisticated (can't spell manure without getting it all over me)from dope busts. A lot of SUVs, PUs and even imported junk. So beware, I was stopped by a state trooper driving an F150 with a magnet type blue light.

vonirkinshtine
04-13-2006, 08:20 PM
I've seen a NCHP bike cop by Concord Mills. I've seen an unmarked "anti-street race" '05(?) Mustang Cobra! I know Concord PD uses Olds Alleros too.

SC Cheesehead
05-07-2006, 01:56 PM
I've seen a NCHP bike cop by Concord Mills. I've seen an unmarked "anti-street race" '05(?) Mustang Cobra! I know Concord PD uses Olds Alleros too.

The venerable Cheesehead Jr. (a.k.a. E-Dubb) informs me that the NC State Police did obtain a couple of '03 MM's as possible replacements/alternatives to the unmarked Camaros they had in their fleet.

He couldn't give me any more detail than that, but did think they were up in the Triangle area.

Anybody else got a line on this?

SCCH

fastblackmerc
05-08-2006, 07:22 AM
The venerable Cheesehead Jr. (a.k.a. E-Dubb) informs me that the NC State Police did obtain a couple of '03 MM's as possible replacements/alternatives to the unmarked Camaros they had in their fleet.

He couldn't give me any more detail than that, but did think they were up in the Triangle area.

Anybody else got a line on this?

SCCH
I never seen one up here. I'll try and check with a Sgt. I know.