PDA

View Full Version : Bad News

Proudcop
04-12-2006, 10:28 AM
Hey guys, especially Carolina Marauders. I have some bad news. Due to recent changes in life and the necessities that have befallen me, I had to make a difficult choice. With a family on the way, and the type of lifestyle we have, I have been in desperate need of a truck or SUV. With a family on the way I could not afford to keep the Marauder and have an SUV at the same time. Yes, with much regret, I had to sell my baby!:depress: :cry: :cry: Its the only car that I truly loved and admired. I had a tough choice to make and I have to say family comes first. If I could have afforded to do both I would. I have set a time limit of five years when I believe I will be able to buy one again. I always thought it would be an act of GOD to make me do this, well family is!!!! Ive been thinking about this for over 6 months, so it wasn't a quick decision. I hope I can still stay on here as a Carolina Marauder member, or I guess FAN !!!! Someday again I will have one.

John

fastblackmerc
04-12-2006, 11:18 AM
Sorry to hear you've decided to get rid of your MM. I can only imagine what a tough decision it was, but family always comes first. You'll always be a "Carolina Marauder". Good Luck!

Proudcop
04-12-2006, 12:09 PM
Thanks fast, it does suck. I have the full front bra for the MM. Not sure what Im going to do with it!

snowbird
04-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Thanks fast, it does suck. I have the full front bra for the MM. Not sure what Im going to do with it!

Well, with family on the way, maybe your wife would be interested in a heavyduty unit when she'd be pregnant ...:)

Proudcop
04-12-2006, 03:43 PM
Thats good stuff snow!!!!!!!

jgc61sr2002
04-12-2006, 03:45 PM
Also sorry the Marauder had to go.:( Good Luck and Best Wishes.

Proudcop
04-12-2006, 03:48 PM
Thank you, much appreciated jgc!!!!

fastblackmerc
04-12-2006, 03:56 PM
Put it in the classifieds....

jimlam56
04-12-2006, 04:01 PM
Proudcop, I sure understand. Family comes first.
Keep on the site, and as your kids grow up you may be able to pick up a good used MM from one of us old guys. :D
Did you trade your MM in? If not you might want to list it here.

Proudcop
04-13-2006, 07:23 AM
Hey guys, yeah I traded it in. I know I didnt get enough but thats the world of trading it in. It broke my hear to drive away but I traded it in for a 2003 Ford F-250 four door crew cab. With my landscaping business on the side, and kids on the way, I needed the room. If I kept the MM I would have to wrap the inside with saran wrap to keep it clean. I love the truck, but the MM is unique and has its own personality. Thanks Jim, I will stay on here!!!!!

John

Bluerauder
04-13-2006, 08:05 AM
Yes, with much regret, I had to sell my baby! :depress: :cry: :cry:
John
I didn't even consider this option. ;) My wife didn't think we could get much of a trade-in on the kids. :rofl: Just kidding !!!

You'll be back in the MM saddle before long. :up: Who knows -- you may even start to enjoy the SUV. I am getting a heck of a kick out of driving my wife's new Freestyle Limited .... and it lets the MM catch a break now and then. :D

Agent M79
04-13-2006, 06:50 PM
Didja have to buy such a huge rock for her finger? Remember gents: CZ on the finger, MM in the driveway. :coolman:

That's too bad John. Such is life though. You've got good things to look forward too though so you can't lament the situation too much. Good luck and stop in often.

Butch
04-14-2006, 01:12 PM
Hey John,

When you feel like doing some extra crying/lusting/drooling, give me a shout and I will come hunt you down at the college and leave some "stripes" for ya!:cool:

Sorry to hear about you giving up the MM....:(

Don't worry...I gave up 2 show cars when I got married and had a kid...In time, it all comes back to you.

Chat with you later!

stevencory
04-17-2006, 06:25 AM
Proudcop,

Sure am glad you made the right decision. There are not enough men
that will make these kinds of sacrafices for their families. In time it
will come back to you tenfold. Have you picked out a name yet?
Congratulations on propelling your genes into the future ;)

Yea, you should stay on. You still are an owner and advocate
for fast, safe and reliable autos.

Sincerely,

03SILVERSTREAK
04-17-2006, 06:38 AM
Sorry that U had to let go of your MM. PM sent...

frdwrnch
04-17-2006, 11:34 AM
Please stay in touch. It's a pleasure having you in the group. You can live MM life vicariously through us and share the joys of fatherhood with us.

Proudcop
04-17-2006, 11:57 AM
Thansk guys, dont worry butch, I will let you get away with running circles around me. Make sure the circles are wide, I have a 4 door F-250 now. Thanks for the the compliments on doing the right thing for the family. She better realize that!!!!!!! And ofcourse I had to put a huge rock on her finger, keeps them quiet and happy!!!!!! Thanks ford, I appreciate the continued invite.!!!

john

ridinclean
04-18-2006, 12:23 PM
Remember gents: CZ on the finger, MM in the driveway. :coolman:
Nice!!! LOL :lol:

Sorry to hear you had to depart with you MM, I couldnt even imagine the feeling. You are always welcome here...MM or no MM!

Proudcop
04-18-2006, 12:34 PM
Thanks clean, I do it appreciate it much. As soon as the family is grown a little, I will purchase an MM again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marauderman
04-23-2006, 06:22 AM
Sorry John to hear the MM is missing in action so to speak----we all have to make choices in life and that book on life comes with no directions on how to do it --so we have to do what we have to do---we all understand-BUT-- You are always welcome here and in our neighboorhood should you be ..just let us know--a little "here the keys for you to drive "...to keep you feeling that MM is always available my friend.....hope to catch you sometime whenever in your town---good luck and keep us posted on all your events--we are always hear for you...........Tom

Proudcop
04-24-2006, 05:08 PM
Hey Tom, thanks for the good words. As soon as the new truck is paid off I will buy an MM again. Probably wont be for five years but it will happen!!!

John

Marauderman
04-25-2006, 05:03 PM
Hey Tom, thanks for the good words. As soon as the new truck is paid off I will buy an MM again. Probably wont be for five years but it will happen!!!

John
I could use a truck like yours to pull mine to the tracks--.....humm...just need a trailer .....humm...:lol:

Proudcop
04-26-2006, 04:49 AM
The trailer I have right now is only 6x12. Def not big enough, maybe for your engine though!! I used to have a 7x20 a few years ago. I used to move a few cars around now and then. I might look into getting a bigger trailer again for my landscaping business. Oh wait, it will be a bigger trailer for the marauder I get in five years!!!!!!

John

Proudcop
04-26-2006, 04:49 AM
Just to let everyone know, Im selling the bra for the MM. $50