PDA

View Full Version : Headers

Bob Mathis
04-13-2006, 06:26 AM
Ok, here I go. I am going to build a new motor for the car. I was lucky to buy some complete 04 cobra heads and a new block. So yes I am going to go all out. But what headers are now out there?

FordNut
04-13-2006, 06:29 AM
Kooks, StainlessWorks, Cobra Shorties, Cobra Manifolds.

STLR FN
04-13-2006, 06:30 AM
Ok, here I go. I am going to build a new motor for the car. I was lucky to buy some complete 04 cobra heads and a new block. So yes I am going to go all out. But what headers are now out there?Kooks long tube, Stainless Works long tube or DR's Cobra kit. Take your pick.

Marauder_Santa
04-16-2006, 06:12 AM
Yesterday I bought a used exaust system that has less than 1000 miles on it that includes the cobra shorties, x-pipe and stainless steel flow master 50 series.

Currently I have the stock exaust system with the flowmaster 40's and I like the sound. I'm looking for some help deciding wether to keep my flow master 40's or go with the flow master 50's.

My question is - should I install the new system as is with the 50's or leave the 40's with the new headers and x pipe?

What sound difference will I hear or not hear?

If I stay with the 40's should I extend the exaust tips out to help with some of the interior sound?

Any suggestions will be helpful - Todd is scheduled to install this Tuesday (4-18-06) morning.

Thanks

rumble
04-16-2006, 07:08 AM
Ok, here I go. I am going to build a new motor for the car. I was lucky to buy some complete 04 cobra heads and a new block. So yes I am going to go all out. But what headers are now out there?

Good to see you back, and what happened to your motor?

Bob Mathis
04-16-2006, 06:45 PM
I screwed this up.Try again.

Bob Mathis
04-16-2006, 06:47 PM
Nothing is wrong with the motor. I was able to buy some things from a friend who had a Cobra. So when went got the car back I said I was going to build me a killer motor. I may want to run with big boy's one day. I would love to get the car in the 11's . I have a 12.87 now. so I should be able to get there.

I know what header's I will us. Now I want to put on a Magnaflow.

Warpath
04-17-2006, 05:19 PM
...I was lucky to buy some complete 04 cobra heads and a new block...

I hope you are building a second engine for the MM and don't intend to swap your heads for the 04s. They are the same.

ctrlraven
04-17-2006, 09:01 PM
Yesterday I bought a used exaust system that has less than 1000 miles on it that includes the cobra shorties, x-pipe and stainless steel flow master 50 series.

Currently I have the stock exaust system with the flowmaster 40's and I like the sound. I'm looking for some help deciding wether to keep my flow master 40's or go with the flow master 50's.

My question is - should I install the new system as is with the 50's or leave the 40's with the new headers and x pipe?

What sound difference will I hear or not hear?

If I stay with the 40's should I extend the exaust tips out to help with some of the interior sound?

Any suggestions will be helpful - Todd is scheduled to install this Tuesday (4-18-06) morning.

Thanks If you extend the tips out about 1-1.5" past the bumper it will help with the interior sound. I got 2.5" piping from the H-pipe back into 40 series with res delete tips and at idle the car is very quiet but when you hit the gas you know the car is still alive but it is a lot louder outside.