PDA

View Full Version : Chicago MMs: Meet The HERD?

Rider90
04-13-2006, 09:08 PM
I received an E-mail from Paul Dumdie, A HERD Events Coordinator, telling me he would be interested in seeing my car and some more Marauders at a HERD gathering. If you did not already know, HERD, is a Impala/B-Body type club in Northern IL, Southern WI, and NW Indiana. I don't know exactly how many members, but they are a very large organization.

They have an upcoming gathering in Downers Grove on April 20th @ 7:00 PM at Fuddruckers. They also have a meet on April 29th at Volo Auto Museum that I am very tempted to check out.

For more information on events you can check out http://theherd.com/

So, who's game?

stevengerard
04-13-2006, 09:27 PM
I like the Volo trip - a few years back a bunch of us with 442s ended up at Volo the same time they did and a club of AC Cobras - you never know what you will see there.

Rider90
04-13-2006, 09:31 PM
I like the Volo trip - a few years back a bunch of us with 442s ended up at Volo the same time they did and a club of AC Cobras - you never know what you will see there.
So that's two for Volo on Saturday the 29th.

da'law
04-19-2006, 05:17 PM
Anybody thinking about attending tomorrow's 4/20 meeting at Fuddruckers for this Herd event? It is close to my work, so I might swing by.

SergntMac
04-19-2006, 05:52 PM
Can't make Ruddfu*ker's tomorrow, but may be able to make the Volo meet on the 29th. Have to be after 2 PM for sure, I'll let ya know...

da'law
04-19-2006, 06:42 PM
Can't make the 29th, pulling range duty. They will have a meet on May 18th at the Schaumburg Fuddruckers which is closer to home. I have put that on my to do list for May.

bugsys03
04-20-2006, 05:21 AM
Volo is close by, if I can get off work in time will stop by and check it out:)

Rider90
04-20-2006, 08:11 AM
I'm leaning towards Volo...

N40GL
04-21-2006, 02:21 PM
I'll join ya' in Volo, if I get my car reassembled.

Mark

SergntMac
04-21-2006, 04:27 PM

Mark Reassembeled...Well, WTF happened now, Mark?

Rider90
04-21-2006, 05:23 PM

Mark
I have a disk lying around here for you, Mark.

Rider90
04-24-2006, 03:22 PM
I'll be in touch with the HERD this evening, how many are confirmed? I'll be there on Saturday in Volo.

Topher
04-24-2006, 03:57 PM
I would like to make it since it's so close to me, but Saturday is my son's 4th birthday party, so I guess I'll be spending the afternoon with a bunch of preschoolers instead. I went to one of these meets a couple years ago & was the only marauder among the SS guys. Friendly group though- have fun.

Chris

SergntMac
04-24-2006, 04:20 PM
The 29th looks dim now, we'll see?

Seems the City of Chicago has selected this date to offer a "100 dollar bounty" on guns with a "no questions asked" reward in the form of an untraceable "gift card". If this is a sucessful program, I'll be processing guns past midnight. Damn...One thing, or, another these days...

Rider90
04-28-2006, 05:43 PM
If it is raining outside when I wake up: I'm staying home. If it looks like it will rain, I'm still out the door. It rains on the way, I'll probably head back home.

Looks like I'll be the only confirmed one :coffee:

N40GL
05-02-2006, 08:55 AM
Reassembeled...Well, WTF happened now, Mark?

Sorry - didn't see this until too late.

I upgraded to a V-2-T and a 90MM MAF, and then a Vortech Mondo Bypass. All this to offset the HP loss from the engine fiasco of which we are all aware. Now it just runs like cr*p until I can get it tuned (and get the bypass dialed in). So, all reassembled but a pain in the butt to drive.

Hopefully I can get to Steve at Slingshot Motorsports (who tunes with Dennis excellent guidance) the week of May 7. DynoPro (Bradley's place) needs to get a new O2 sensor for the dyno anyway; hopefully by then it'll be there.

Rider90
05-02-2006, 09:13 AM
Hopefully I can get to Steve at Slingshot Motorsports (who tunes with Dennis excellent guidance) the week of May 7. DynoPro (Bradley's place) needs to get a new O2 sensor for the dyno anyway; hopefully by then it'll be there.
Both of those businesses, Dynopro and Slingshot, operate out of the same garage.

I still don't get it.

N40GL
05-02-2006, 09:15 AM
Both of those businesses, Dynopro and Slingshot, operate out of the same garage.

I still don't get it.

DynoPro has the dyno, but has burned out their wide-band O2 sensor and CJ is said to have ordered one. So, for tuning purposes, the dyno is all but useless without it and Steve can't do anything. Once the O2 sensor comes in, Steve can actually tune the car.

Rider90
05-02-2006, 09:16 AM
DynoPro has the dyno, but has burned out their wide-band O2 sensor and CJ is said to have ordered one. So, for tuning purposes, the dyno is all but useless without it and Steve can't do anything. Once the O2 sensor comes in, Steve can actually tune the car.
So is Steve just a tuner under a different business name? And do they use a real 02 monitoring system verses the old tail pipe sniffer that I've seen?

Bradley G
05-02-2006, 09:32 AM
Slingshot is it's own business, Owned by Steve and partners.
Dynopros is owned by CJ and Myself.
Slingshot and Dynopros are coexisting, under the same roof.
Marauder tuning (SCT) is done by Steve.
Both methods (bung vs. tailpipe) of sampleing A/F are valid data, provided the sample is taken properly.
This is per, a Tech at DynoJet.

In some instances, a 02 sample is not available through the 02 bung.

So is Steve just a tuner under a different business name? And do they use a real 02 monitoring system verses the old tail pipe sniffer that I've seen?