PDA

View Full Version : Installed my 3000 pi T/C. Questions!

sabtaj1
04-14-2006, 05:58 AM
I installed my t/c on 4/13/06. After finishing I drove the car. Didnt feel any better than stock. Seems like the emergency brake is on or an anchor dragging behind. Also doesnt shift as hard as it used to. Just doesnt seem to be as fast as it used to be. What gives? everybody I have talked to said they all loved em, best mod they ever did. Did I do something wrong? Is my stall not working right? Also its supposed to be a 3000 and when applying the brake and gas together, @ 2500 the tires start to spin. Shouldnt it be 3000??? Any suggestions would be truely appreciated. Thank you all for your time. Jason

Bradley G
04-14-2006, 06:05 AM
Issue with the trans?
I have read so many threads on this and still don't quite get it.

sabtaj1
04-14-2006, 06:08 AM
everything was fine before install. All I did was install a new filter, tci pan and the stall.

Bradley G
04-14-2006, 06:21 AM
I don't mean to talk down.
Did you run through the gears, engine warm and recheck fluid levels?

everything was fine before install. All I did was install a new filter, tci pan and the stall.

TooManyFords
04-14-2006, 06:28 AM
You're going to see two things with a higher stall converter; 1) the converter will absorb some of the hard-hitting shifts you're used to feeling. 2) Have gone out and floored it yet? This is where the converter really shows how it can wake up your car.

I also suspect that you need to have a tune done to your transmission. Is it still set to the factory shifting specs?

John

sabtaj1
04-14-2006, 06:29 AM
yes. I think it may have been a half a court over. could that be an issue? I was told it would not hurt anything. Maybe after I get off work I will drain some out then if its a problem. maybe its just me, I am used to driveing a stick.

juno
04-14-2006, 06:30 AM
I don't mean to talk down.
Did you run through the gears, engine warm and recheck fluid levels?

:agree:

I did not notice much on mine for a few miles. Then :D :D :D . A solid .5 off my 1/4.

My shifts also softened a little bit so I had to whip out the ol' Predator.

sabtaj1
04-14-2006, 06:34 AM
I have the excal 2 Strategic flash (non custom tune). I have the shift firmness all the way up as high as it would go. Its POOP! Doesnt even chirp second anymore. Yep I think I need a tune.

Marauder.45
04-14-2006, 12:11 PM
I did my 3500 about 2 weeks ago. You'll really notice it when you step on it. But until you tune, your load sensors are WAY off, so your shifts are going to SUCK except for WOT!! Mine really started to loosen up after 200 miles, and once the tune was done, the street drivability went back to real close to normal. Shaved a full .6 seconds off of my 1/4. Some say you don't have to tune, but it is a must. See what happens after your tune.

As for the stall speed, it was explained to me that we need a higher power output to make the stall speed closer to what the setting is. So if you wanted 3000, you would need a 3500. Unless you have a S/C or nitrous, we aren't laying enough power to fully engage the TC.

I plan for NOS, so I plan to take full advantage of my 3500.

sabtaj1
04-14-2006, 12:45 PM
I talked with Mr. Reinhart and I am getting a tune from him today. I will let you know how it helps tomarrow.

ckadiddle
04-14-2006, 06:49 PM
I talked with Mr. Reinhart and I am getting a tune from him today. I will let you know how it helps tomarrow.

That's what I was going to suggest. Tune from one of our supporting vendors to take your new tc into account.

sabtaj1
04-14-2006, 07:59 PM
well I have the new tune. BUT I cant get any of the sct sowtware to work. I just installed the live load 3, live link and extreme tuneing. I saved the file on my computer but when i go to brose for the new tune it cant find it. says its ureadable or something. its an xtr file. I have no clue?? PLEASE HELP!!!!!

sabtaj1
04-14-2006, 08:46 PM
ok got my tune to load finally. I will put her in tomarrow. I will keep ya updated. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

RF Overlord
04-15-2006, 10:30 AM
Jason, I was lucky enough to have a ride in Dennis's MK VIII (Holy Crap!, but that's another thread :D ) He has a 4500 stall converter and it felt like it was starting up in 2nd when he drove "normally"...but when he really leaned on it...Holy Crap!...but I already said that.. :lol:

sabtaj1
04-15-2006, 10:59 AM
I installed the program but the 1-2 shift seems to need to be adjusted. It almost seems like it hits the rev limiter or something to that nature. I will have to wait untill monday to find out. POOPY! the local strip opened today too! no big deal. other than that the car seems to be alot better with the new T/C installed and the program. just need some shiftin TLC