PDA

View Full Version : Exaust advice

Marauder_Santa
04-16-2006, 06:14 AM
Yesterday I bought a used exaust system that has less than 1000 miles on it that includes the cobra shorties, x-pipe and stainless steel flow master 50 series.

Currently I have the stock exaust system with the flowmaster 40's and I like the sound. I'm looking for some help deciding wether to keep my flow master 40's or go with the flow master 50's.

My question is - should I install the new system as is with the 50's or leave the 40's with the new headers and x pipe?

What sound difference will I hear or not hear?

If I stay with the 40's should I extend the exaust tips out to help with some of the interior sound?

If this was your car what would you do?

Any suggestions will be helpful - Todd is scheduled to install this Tuesday (4-18-06) morning.

Thanks

STLR FN
04-16-2006, 07:06 AM
Id say 6 of one half a dozen of the other. You have both types of mufflers? Put the 40's on, if they're too loud then do the 50's.
Yes extending the tips will help with the cabin drone. If you're referring to TAF as doing the exhaust then you're in good hands and I'm sure he can help you out but exhaust is all really based on personal preference.

Me personally would go with the 50's and extend the tips.

SergntMac
04-16-2006, 07:38 AM
Let TAF be your guide on this, he won't steer you wrong.

RF Overlord
04-16-2006, 07:44 AM
^^^what they said^^^

I have the 40's and don't like them...The Bunny Lady does, though, so they stay, but I think I would have preferred the 50's...I vote you start with them and if they're too quiet, then go to the 40s...

Marauder_Santa
04-16-2006, 08:08 AM
TAF recommended the 50s because of the sound, they are staineless and will bolt up a bit easier since they are already a part of the system I bought. I was just looking for other feedback. I know TAF and respect his judgement, just looking at all options. Money is an issue so I didn't want to run the expense of regretting the 50's and want the 40's or visa versa.

Thanks for the feedback.