PDA

View Full Version : Super 40s Installed

supa_carrot
04-17-2006, 02:15 PM
Well, I got my Flowmaster Super 40s installed today and they sound great. On start-up they have a nice grumble then settle down but you can still hear them. When you take off depending on how much pressure you apply to the pedal makes a noise even if it is slight. At cruising speeds they can be heard but not a whole lot louder than stock. When holding her wide open she growls. I love them. If anyone is split as to which kind to get I'd recommend these 100%.

Blackened300a
04-17-2006, 02:58 PM
Now see Wes at Innovative interceptors and get yourself a set of Res-Delete Tips. Then you will get the full sound of your muffler install.

Bowman9
04-17-2006, 04:25 PM
Well, I got my Flowmaster Super 40s installed today and they sound great. On start-up they have a nice grumble then settle down but you can still hear them. When you take off depending on how much pressure you apply to the pedal makes a noise even if it is slight. At cruising speeds they can be heard but not a whole lot louder than stock. When holding her wide open she growls. I love them. If anyone is split as to which kind to get I'd recommend these 100%.

How do they compare to a 5.0 Mustangs stock exauhst sound???
I want something louder than a stock Marauder, but not over bearing.

Marauder2005
04-17-2006, 04:44 PM
Well the 5.0 Mustang is a push-rod engine and I think it sounds a tad

better; depending. To each his own though :)

If you want to go just a little louder then stock, go with the Ford- "Duel

Mode Mufflers". There great for a little more rumble. I think Dennis sells them.

supa_carrot
04-17-2006, 05:09 PM
Personally, I wouldn't say that they are over-bearing. But, then again I'm 16 and like it a little bit louder than most would. But, something I have noticed is I don't have any of the performance modifications like you or most people on this website do which could make them louder.

Blackened300a
04-17-2006, 05:17 PM
Your Stock Marauder tips are Resonated so they cut down most of the sound from your mufflers. Wes at Innovative Interceptors sell the same exact Tips you have but without the Resonators. I purchased mine and I love them, They really made a big difference in the tone of my mufflers.

RedMerc04
04-17-2006, 05:45 PM
Your Stock Marauder tips are Resonated so they cut down most of the sound from your mufflers. Wes at Innovative Interceptors sell the same exact Tips you have but without the Resonators. I purchased mine and I love them, They really made a big difference in the tone of my mufflers.
Agreed, get the tips and extend them past the bumper. Better Looks, Better Sound and less cabin drone. :beer: