PDA

View Full Version : Evergreen Speedway Friday nights

01 Interceptor
04-20-2006, 02:30 AM
Apparently on Friday nights they have AutoX, 1/8th mile, and drift competitions. I'm pretty sure no one here would want to do a drift...but it would be cool if you did. I bet most of the cars are riceriffic that compete in the drift. I know it's no 1/4 mil either. I'm betting that some of you would be interested in the AutoX. I've never done it, but it looks cool. Let's get the ball rolling on this and set a date that we can agree upon.

Info here: http://www.evergreenspeedway.net/artman/publish/article_12.shtml

Wagonmaster
04-21-2006, 09:49 PM
[quote=01 Interceptor]Apparently on Friday nights they have AutoX, 1/8th mile, and drift competitions. I'm pretty sure no one here would want to do a drift...but it would be cool if you did. I bet most of the cars are riceriffic that compete in the drift. I know it's no 1/4 mil either. I'm betting that some of you would be interested in the AutoX. I've never done it, but it looks cool. Let's get the ball rolling on this and set a date that we can agree upon.

Jon,

A few years back I drag raced their 1/8 mile (it actually measures less than an 1/8) with my 66 Nova wagon. The finish line is on the beginning of the corner at a slight bank. NOT fun in a 40 year old car with drum brakes at 94mph!! (Car now has a Chris Alston front clip with disc brakes and rack & pinion steering) Anyway, their drag race program is cheesy to say the least, homebuilt christmas tree, no proper burnout box and no compulink timing system. The good news is, even a fifth place competitor could bring home some hardware to put on the mantle. I vowed never to return because I've seen some cars lose it and hit the wall and/or swap paint with a competitors vehicle. Thats expected in the demo derby but not in a drag car with a 6k paint job.

The Marauder would be a cake walk in the 1/8 mile but the fun factor would be :sleepy:

If you want to do some drifting I can show you some hot spots on the Swinomish Indian Reservation for that. :D

GT

01 Interceptor
04-22-2006, 01:10 AM
Drifting...nah! AutoX...bring it on! ;)