PDA

View Full Version : Marauder Exhaust

jay03merc
04-21-2006, 09:22 AM
i have a 03 marauder i put flowmaster 2 chambers on it sounds alot better but i need to now what all is involved in putting a cobra x pipe on does it bolt right up and just have to put ball collectors on pipe going into mufflers or what? also i was wondering will the 02 eliminators for mustangs work on the marauder to keep check eng.light off with no convertors? any info would help greatly.:help: :bows: sorry wondering if pipe will work with my stock manifolds/headers

rayjay
04-21-2006, 11:50 AM
i have a 03 marauder i put flowmaster 2 chambers on it sounds alot better but i need to now what all is involved in putting a cobra x pipe on does it bolt right up and just have to put ball collectors on pipe going into mufflers or what? also i was wondering will the 02 eliminators for mustangs work on the marauder to keep check eng.light off with no convertors? any info would help greatly.:help: :bows: sorry wondering if pipe will work with my stock manifolds/headers

You could have it custom fabricated. X pipes I've seen and the one on my car (DR Cobra) are welded in. A Mustang exhaust system will not be a bolt on. Eliminators would work, but a tuner can be used to for the same function and more. Know your states laws, the cats may have to be there to pass inspection. Check out our vendors for exhaust options. I am more than pleased with the DR Cobra exhaust on my DTR.

merc
04-21-2006, 01:31 PM
This picture will help you see the problem clearly. It's a side-by-side comparison of the Marauder Stock exhaust and the DR Cobra manifold.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/2/3/8/StockvsCobra.jpg

jay03merc
04-23-2006, 07:02 PM
thanks for info i didnt know the manifolds were that much different.also ive got a xcal2 on the way i didnt know you could keep the check eng.light off with no convertors with it .any info on that would be helpful also. i put 4.10 gears in this weekend and picked up .5 seconds off my eight mile e.t.:banana2:

Rider90
04-23-2006, 07:14 PM
thanks for info i didnt know the manifolds were that much different.also ive got a xcal2 on the way i didnt know you could keep the check eng.light off with no convertors with it .any info on that would be helpful also. i put 4.10 gears in this weekend and picked up .5 seconds off my eight mile e.t.:banana2:
Welcome to the site and have a good time