PDA

View Full Version : Cover My Rears

Agent M79
04-23-2006, 05:29 AM
I am beginning to feel like a day trader who can't find a way to sell high. I blame you guys with superchargers and a penchant for making the pedal slam-kiss the floor.

Being the good mm.net guy I strive to be, I click the Tire Rack link to check on the availability of the OEM rears. Still back ordered but I am resolved if they are still in this status I will go to the next recommended tire, the KDW2.

The 255/55VR18 KDW2 at Tire Rack are estimated to be available 5/15/2006 which just happens to be about 2 weeks after my high-speed blowout and grisly fiery twisted metal spectacular.

I want to be the good mm.net guy and buy through the affliate link but I must selfishly think of my own survival first. I need tires. Real real soon.

Any suggestions that keep me from using the H***a minivan as my daily driver would be wonderful.

sweetair
04-23-2006, 07:34 AM
try getting a different tire. Perhaps some Nitto's. Good luck

King Fubar
04-23-2006, 07:41 AM
The Florida Highway Patrol isn't helping us either.

kj31067
04-23-2006, 05:47 PM
if you dont care about speed rating,just to get you through, i grabbed a pair of michelins in a 255/55/18 they look o-k and fill the wheel well nicely...

warren
04-24-2006, 12:07 PM
Argent,

I spoke to BFG today and she said that they are filling back orders. Folks that have BO's will get filled first.
This next group being produced is for backup so this does not happen again.

I had to give my MM. vin. no. to a local dealer to get their whs. supplier to make sure they get their delivery 1st. here in the west.

If you do not have an order in to your source I would do it now and have them call their whs supplier to have them call BFG to firm up their ship and receive dates.

Warren

MENINBLK
04-24-2006, 01:50 PM
Try your neighborhood Costco.
They can still take up to 10 days to get you tires,
but they will match the Tirerack price.

Agent M79
04-24-2006, 05:36 PM
TireRack now says 5/4/06 for the rears.

I bought a full set and I may do it again in a few months just so I have a set ready.

Anything special I need to know about storing tires?