PDA

View Full Version : TLC Wrecks to Richs 63 Marauder

Lowell
04-25-2006, 05:05 PM
Right now 64 Marauder.

2003CTMarauder
04-25-2006, 05:09 PM
There reproducing Parnelli Jones 63 Maruader its on now!!!

HwyCruiser
04-25-2006, 05:09 PM
Watching it, pretty cool!

woaface
04-25-2006, 05:20 PM
Rebuilding one for Parnelli Jones...quite the watch indeed!

woaface
04-25-2006, 05:20 PM
Marauder on Rides to Riches...64 being restored. I know it's not the right section but ya'll need to see!

STLR FN
04-25-2006, 06:03 PM
43K for the Merc. :coolman:

HwyCruiser
04-25-2006, 06:06 PM
Cool show. Beats Overhaulin' IMO.

That was a nice turn around on the Marauder in a short amount of time. I was wondering why they painted it before really getting into the mechanicals, but it was probably down to getting whatever they could get done to it as fast as they could.

Saw that it sold for $43k, what did they pay for the car? $1,000?

Joe Walsh
04-25-2006, 06:41 PM
I'm usually not a fan of big rims on old muscle cars nor do I like colored rims....BUT those big blue rims looked REALLY NICE on that Marauder!!

That 'resto-mod' Marauder was AWESOME! It sounded BAD TO THE BONE with those side pipe exhausts and lumpy cam.

BTW: I agree about OVERHAULIN'...they drag out a 15 minute clip with stupid phone calls & pranks to the point that you don't give a ***** how it all turns out!

natedog1284
04-25-2006, 07:04 PM
I'm usually not a fan of big rims on old muscle cars nor do I like colored rims....BUT those big blue rims looked REALLY NICE on that Marauder!!

That 'resto-mod' Marauder was AWESOME! It sounded BAD TO THE BONE with those side pipe exhausts and lumpy cam.

BTW: I agree about OVERHAULIN'...they drag out a 15 minute clip with stupid phone calls & pranks to the point that you don't give a ***** how it all turns out!

LOL very true. It gets old fast. As for me, I don't know about the huge rims. That seems so played out. Seems to me like those cars are popular for how they used to look, and they used to be styled for smaller rims. That's another problem I have with overhaulin'. Foose always puts on rims that are way too huge for the car. Just my .02. Good show though; that thing sounded bad a$$.

BK_GrandMarquis
04-25-2006, 08:50 PM
That car sounds sweeeeeeeeet.:burnout:

They couldn't give the poor guy a digital camera??? :eek: He had to use a cheapo disposable camera.:shake:

ctrlraven
04-25-2006, 09:33 PM
That car was a beautifl piece of work they did. As days go by I keep thinking about getting a Classic Marauder and fixing it up.....maybe when I buy a house and get a bigger garage with a rotary lift mmmmmmm lol

teamrope
04-25-2006, 09:39 PM
I missed it, but it is likely I will be trading the 67 Galaxie for a 63 & 1/2 Marauder in the near future. Then the TR's will be a 3 MM family. We'll see how it goes. :)

Eric91Z
04-25-2006, 09:42 PM
That was definitely pretty cool to watch and I thought it turned out awesome. That is one classic Marauder I would love to own. Piece of history with a modern twist.

prchrman
04-26-2006, 03:19 AM
I am not a purest when it comes to old cars and trucks but to me you can really hurt an oldy by over modifying...never liked shaved, louvered, lowered and such...the old cars have really nice lines and I think it is a shame when you mess them up by over doing...good paint, good interior, hot motor and nice shoes makes an old car very desirable...willie

LiLWrink
04-28-2006, 01:18 PM
Because I know, I recomend that if you decide to buy yourself an Ol' 'Rauder of 63-70 year models...that you purchase the most complete car that you can find.

They are truely great cars,
But finding parts for a 60-something Marauder is difficult!

I was PO'ed about the show! They stole my idea, and beat me to market with it!:D just kidding--I would only sell mine for some serious stoopid money!:lol:
Oh! Also, it was obvious they should have called Crites also.

I have a 1970 429 ThunderJet sitting in mine right now on some mounts that I fabricated and tack welded together to hold it all together until I get time to get another trailer load of steel. I have to build another crossmember for mine...My Tremec TKO would not fit the stock crossmember.

I used front disc brakes from a Lincoln Continental...