PDA

View Full Version : Movin' On...

frdwrnch
04-25-2006, 06:08 PM
Well, it's been a good run but after 16 years it's time for that fork in the road. Friday will be my last day at the dealership. Three ownership changes in as many years and no light at the end of the tunnel for Lincoln Mercury. I'm taking a month off before opening my own shop. I'll have more details at the next meeting. Let me know if any of you need anything before I leave.

SergntMac
04-25-2006, 06:13 PM
Best wishes, and please stick with us here, K? We need all the help we can get.

Bradley G
04-25-2006, 06:15 PM
Best of luck on the new business!

fastblackmerc
04-25-2006, 06:15 PM
Keep us posted....

MarauderMark
04-25-2006, 06:19 PM
Keep us posted....
Wish you the best and hope everything works out for ya.:up:

MM03MOK
04-25-2006, 06:30 PM
Good luck with your new venture, Russell!

FordNut
04-25-2006, 07:18 PM
Keep in touch, maybe I'll drive over there for some work when you get your new shop open...

BruteForce
04-25-2006, 07:22 PM
From one self-employed stiff to another... here's to your success! :beer:

Don't forget to get a copy of that customer list. Did I just say that out loud? Oops.

Dragcity
04-25-2006, 07:34 PM
Congrats on making a big decision. If there is anything I can do to help you in your start-up, let me know.

Been down to Naggs Head on vacation a couple times. Crazy drive. Lost my water pump and air conditioner on my '90 Town Car in the stop and go on a 90 degree day in August. Woah, was THAT an expensive vacation. $1,300 for $500 worth of parts.

Open a shop around there. On slow days, you coulds sell bottled water and chips for ....... however much you want.

Seriously, if you need help seting things up, you know where your friends are.

Best of wishes to you and yours...

martyo
04-25-2006, 07:35 PM
Good luck!

Nothing like owning your own busy.

ckadiddle
04-25-2006, 07:53 PM
Best of luck with your business!!

Agent M79
04-25-2006, 08:36 PM
One of my very first experiences with frdwrnch was shortly after I got the 'ticking head' thing. Except mine you could only hear in the car and not outside of it. Frdwrnch found it was a poorly routed cable that was transmitting normal head noises into the cabin. This was after the original dealership couldn't figure it out.

Best of luck in your new venture, frdwrnch. I really appreciate all that you did for me while at the dealership and look forward to working with you at your shop.

Marauderman
04-26-2006, 03:48 AM
Same Here--what ^^^^^^^he says for sure!!! I can't believe it--after being promoted and all to their head service man---can't they /don't they---oh well--just have to send everybody to your shop --that'll tell' um..Good luck Russell and for sure --tell us more on the next meeting....Tom

Hotrauder
04-26-2006, 05:50 AM
Good luck with your business. It is the American dream, man; go for it. Hard to get started but good work and good service always works as there are to few people doing it right in every business. The best to you and yours. Dennis:2thumbs:

Proudcop
04-26-2006, 08:24 AM
Wow, best of luck frd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dok
04-26-2006, 09:57 AM
Enjoy your month off. Looking forward to seeing you at one of our meets.

frdwrnch
04-26-2006, 11:33 AM
Thanks to all for your encouraging words. I'll probably be on the site a bit more and will continue to offer helpful advise when I can. As cars are my passion, I'll continue to stay current with vehicle issues and service procedures. Particularly Ford Lincoln Mercury . Look forward to seeing y'all soon!

SC Cheesehead
05-01-2006, 06:47 PM
Wow! Hey, you wouldn't want to move down to SC woould you? We could really use a top notch Ford guy down this way.

BTW, you gonna be able to program chips and stuff? The Blue Devil's about ready for some "stuff."

SCCH

prchrman
05-02-2006, 03:29 AM
Hope everthing goes good for you Russell...the Ford service manager in my town did the same thing and he is covered up...really...hard to get into his parking lot...has about 4 employees and seems to be doing well...willie

Marauderman
05-02-2006, 03:59 AM
Wow! Hey, you wouldn't want to move down to SC woould you? We could really use a top notch Ford guy down this way.

BTW, you gonna be able to program chips and stuff? The Blue Devil's about ready for some "stuff."

SCCH
You might want to check with Rick in Anderson--he has a shop --can do dynos and other stuff--he may be the one you need and he's close by--Tom