PDA

View Full Version : Problems with "Chat" nite replies

Marauderman
04-29-2003, 07:28 PM
I need suggestions to help me with my problem on Wednesday nite chat time--seems every time I post a reply statement, a two line statement appears on MY SCREEN-NOT YOURS and it makes it very difficult to read... bear with me-- let me further explain-

When I want to make a reply statement, just after making my entry comand, my statement appears as well as the two line statement along with it--now remember --YOU CANNOT SEE THIS--it reads as follow:

"###### Unregistered copy, evaluation only.
###### Please ask webmaster to register it."

Well- I asked Logan and he seems to think you all can help me--he isn' t having any problems with his computer with such crap....

I usually enter the chat by hitting the chat icon top of screen as usual and it goes thru the usual stuff and then your poof--on line!

last time while trying to "disconnect" --there was only "connect" and next to that word on the left was "ready" and when I hit that it shot up a screen that said --

"This is an unregistered copy of JPilotPc applet. If you find it useful, please register your copy at Jpilot web site http/www.jpilot.com Unregistered copy of JPilotPc applet.

JPilot Software is not responsible for any contents of theweb site it is having hosted.

Jpilot will not be liable for any direct or indirectm damages as the result of using this saftware"

Now I ask you--Who in the hell would want to in the first place under theses conditions and what the hell is this crap all about...

and no -who would find this ......blank.....useful???

sure makes chat nite Very difficult--talk about reading between the lines----damn...

Can anyone help after reading all this?

TripleTransAm
04-29-2003, 07:32 PM
Are you on a PC or a MAC?

merc406
04-29-2003, 07:36 PM
Don't ask me, I haven't figured how to post a picture here yet.

Marauderman
04-29-2003, 07:36 PM
A PC wiith high speed broadband

TripleTransAm
04-29-2003, 07:38 PM
What's your browser? (ie. Mozilla, Netscape, Explorer, etc.)

Marauderman
04-29-2003, 07:40 PM
Microsoft Internet explorer

LincMercLover
04-29-2003, 07:49 PM
merc406, see FAQ

marauderman, H/O a sec. Lemme check the site over and I'll look into all this.

MM03MOK
04-29-2003, 07:54 PM
http://www.jpilot.com/

Here's the website for JPilot.

I tried entering Chat just now and I was asked if I wanted to
"install and run jIRC applet". I said yes and it brought me right to the chat page. No problems.

"All you need is a Java enabled browser like Netscape4.07 or Internet Explorer 4.0 or above( You will need IE4.5 on Mac platform)."

TAF
04-29-2003, 07:59 PM
that bunny is SOOOO smart!!!:D

think about it...thinking for 2 all the time :lol:

MM03MOK
04-29-2003, 08:11 PM
:lol: :cool:

LincMercLover
04-29-2003, 08:36 PM
This JPiolet software sounds to me like its a Java "attachment" so you can browse the web looking for java enabled things. Am I correct? If this is so, why are you using it? Are you subscribed to it? I'm not sure what other uses it has... When I access the chat I'm using Java Runtime Environment. If I were you, I'd uninstall this JPiolet thing and get the latest Java at www.java.com

Marauderman
04-30-2003, 08:52 AM
Okay --I think I got it--just wish I was as computer savvy as you guys are--lets see--

Best is to unplug from this applet thing that I didn't know got attached to me somehow---and then reinter to it maybe and say yes--but don't sign up for paying for anything, and if not that then go to LML's web advice and use them as my entry point for the chat.....is that about right---

Funny-- I didn't have all this for weeks on chat nite until a few weeks ago---some might remember I spoke about it then....and yes I have all the cp upgrades to do what all have suggested..so it should work for tonights chat---well I hope anyway==we'll see...

Thanks to all for again helping me out of another hole...this forum is so COOOOOOOOOL....