PDA

View Full Version : May Carolina Marauders Meet--5-13-06

Marauderman
04-29-2006, 05:28 PM
Well- folks our monthly meet is coming close again--the second Sat. of each month--

We have a new member from Anderson ,SC , Rick, who wants to meet us and get "involved"--He seems to have alot of knowledge----

The price of gas has hurt us all--and some of us come to the usual meeting place with short distances from home , others a bit more--

I would like to suggest that we go to Greenville,Sc or Anderson,Sc and have either Rick or Rex (sccheeshead) pick a place for us to meet---

What the heck--we are only alive once--we all have to pay for gas anyway--and it would be good to have a change for a change--so my thoughts--I am willing to pay the gas for a change of scenery and meeting some folks who would have to pay to come see us anyway--sounds like a plan--how about your thoughts--no flames--please--just throwing this out there----Tom

PS--Its my Birthday weekend anyway--so lets have some fun--Actually its the past Wed.

fastblackmerc
04-30-2006, 01:32 PM
I might be able to make that one.

Marauderman
04-30-2006, 04:13 PM
Glad to see you think it seems like a plan--maybe a convoy would be cool--eh!

Agent M79
04-30-2006, 04:32 PM
I can give a tentative :up: to the date.

Marauderman
05-01-2006, 08:15 AM
I can give a tentative :up: to the date.
Being trickey ,eh!.....yeah , the date ,that was easy --how about a ride down I-85 , say to Greenville or Anderson this time----have our own little convoy --kinda a pre-MMIV ride so to speak---whata ya think....

Agent M79
05-01-2006, 01:52 PM
If my schedule remains free, I can go anywhere. More gas, less food. I need to lose a few anyway.

Butch
05-01-2006, 03:24 PM
PS--Its my Birthday weekend anyway--so lets have some fun--Actually its the past Wed.

May be your B-Day weekend, but that is actually my B-Day, so I won't be able to make it down that way. We have plans all day that day.

Also, just as a notice....The car show at the Kernersville Spring Folly that a bunch of you guys came up for a few years ago is this coming weekend, just in case you are looking for something to do. We will be there, and at the Old-Time Tractor Exhibition on Saturday.

Here is a link to the Spring Folly:
http://www.kernersvillespringfolly.co m/

Short notice, but it didn't fall on our regular meeting weekend anyway....Waiting for another one to fall on the same weekend as one of our meets again.

Later!

Marauderman
05-01-2006, 05:57 PM
May be your B-Day weekend, but that is actually my B-Day, so I won't be able to make it down that way. We have plans all day that day.

Are you saying you planned not to celebrate your birthday with us --WE could be smoking some tires for ya!!! :lol:: I can't believe you would do that my friend---Yours and mine can produce some smoke--Whoops--I'm not as shy as you may have thought----anyway--wish you could join us--WE may have a nice road trip meet here in the making--whatda ya say---? Tom

Marauderman
05-01-2006, 06:15 PM
That would be great-....ugh..you must be heading to TAF's place--thats the ticket--:lol:

SC Cheesehead
05-01-2006, 06:56 PM
Being trickey ,eh!.....yeah , the date ,that was easy --how about a ride down I-85 , say to Greenville or Anderson this time----have our own little convoy --kinda a pre-MMIV ride so to speak---whata ya think....

Sorry I've been out of touch for a while, have been on assignment down in Dallas for a couple weeks.

Won't be able to make the May meeting, Ms. Cheesehead and I will be out on the coast visiting my daughter that weekend.

Hope we'll be able do get together with you guys in June.

Hey, if you want to do something down SC-way, let's plan the pool party for July or August.

SCCH

prchrman
05-02-2006, 03:24 AM
Is this a breakfast, brunch or lunch thing?...willie

Marauderman
05-02-2006, 04:06 AM
Is this a breakfast, brunch or lunch thing?...willie
Probably a 'lunch' thing if I can get folks to go---

I heard from Rick in Anderson,SC-- he has a shop and can do dynos if folks want --probably other stuff as well--he has offered to host at his shop and give a tour and set up what you may need later on---also said there are pleanty of food places nearby-

SO......am trying to get a feel of folks want to do----I know gas is high--but it would be nice to check out other members areas as well........thats my thoughts on it.............how do you feel about it??

--be nice to see ya again Willie!!!!!!........Tom

Butch
05-02-2006, 04:43 AM
Are you saying you planned not to celebrate your birthday with us --WE could be smoking some tires for ya!!! :lol:: I can't believe you would do that my friend---Yours and mine can produce some smoke--Whoops--I'm not as shy as you may have thought----anyway--wish you could join us--WE may have a nice road trip meet here in the making--whatda ya say---? Tom

Wasn't me that planned it that way...My daughter has something planned for me, so I will be sticking around here that day.

I'm ready to smoke some tires a little. I haven't done it in awhile and am getting the itch!

I am watching the local calendars to see if anything "fun" is happening the weekend of one of our meets for the summer so that we can try to get everyone up here again. Kind of like everyone to stop by up this way at least once a year.....

Later!!!!

03mmmonroe
05-02-2006, 05:31 AM
Hello Marauderman,
I will be around so keep in touch and we can drive down together.

Russell Monroe, NC.

prchrman
05-02-2006, 06:34 AM
Lunch would be difficult for me as I have a meeting that night...but might could make it for a little while...greenville is 1 1/2 hours from me...willie

Marauderman
05-02-2006, 10:22 AM
Lunch would be difficult for me as I have a meeting that night...but might could make it for a little while...greenville is 1 1/2 hours from me...willie
Well, what is a good time for you--Its probably a few hours driving for me too --thats why I was thinking a lunch time so we could get there just before noon or 11 to 11:30 and still have time to get back ---heck it stays lighter longer anyway---just trying to make a day of it for fun and all---any eariler would be too earily to leave ------

Anyway---any others ????? Lets chim in here folks--------looking for your thoughts............Tom

vonirkinshtine
05-03-2006, 11:05 AM
If I don't have to work that day could I come out too?

fastblackmerc
05-03-2006, 11:09 AM
If I don't have to work that day could I come out too?
I don't see why not....

prchrman
05-03-2006, 12:24 PM
Tom...I can show up at 10 or 11 but will have to leave around 2pm to get home and get prepared for a meeting at church that night...looking forward to seeing youz guyz...willie...

Marauderman
05-03-2006, 02:45 PM
Willie----First --check you tires size post-- -

Now--That sounds good--kindda what I was thinking--we all have things to do --understand--and driving the MM is fun --so yeah--it seems we're building some numbers for an Anderson meet at Rick's shop---

Any others out there --please chime in--this can be fun and we can see others we haven't seen in awhile and meet Rick and his shop---.........so,,,,,,,,,,,,who else has an opinion............Tom

vonirkinshtine
05-04-2006, 09:38 AM
I'm in, I have to be at work by 4pm (Carowinds) so I don't know how long it would take to get from Greenville to there.

wrnealis
05-04-2006, 12:28 PM
I'd love to get out to one of the events this summer. Unfortunatley this falls on the day of my brother's graduation party.

Marauderman
05-05-2006, 04:45 AM
The anticipated location of this months meet in Anderson,Sc has been postponed till another date-=

Seems Rick's schedul;e has changes and he willnot be there/in town due to business in out of town.

Therefore-

I propose we relocate our monthly meet at the usual place-

On Speedway Blvd. at the Quaker Steak and Grill---

Say at NOON--- on the 13th--- so see ya all then--ok!!!

Marauderman
05-05-2006, 04:25 PM

Am curious Jim--Since its closer--You gonna be able to make the meet?

and secondly...............I just want to thank everyone in the Carolina Marauder Group for hanging in --cause we are getting older--car wise--no jokes please-- and some of us are thinking of changing cars--(no way I hope)
and I hope we all stay friends and continue to meet no matter what----me I am keeping mine along time--(no --we don't need to explain why) --

So thanks to all of you--I have and continue to enjoy all of you and your comments and those of all the others here on the mm.net board--

So please try and contiinue to stay close and keep your MM's----
This cause of the gas problems--- I hope we keep our cars long and longer-----so see all at the meet-----------Tom

dok
05-05-2006, 08:00 PM
We have been out of town for the last week. Just got home tonight. Leaving in the morning for Charleston, SC to go to a wedding. Coming home Monday night so we will be able to come on Saturday.

Just as well that we aren't going to Greenville as I have driven 4,000 miles in the past 10 days.

Marauderman
05-06-2006, 06:18 PM
We have been out of town for the last week. Just got home tonight. Leaving in the morning for Charleston, SC to go to a wedding. Coming home Monday night so we will be able to come on Saturday.

Just as well that we aren't going to Greenville as I have driven 4,000 miles in the past 10 days.
If that is what retirement is all about--I'd rather hang around the house and do things..........:lol:......... .and ,uh,,wash her off --those bugs and all ---you don't want to be looking like a black MM do ya!!:lol:

SC Cheesehead
05-06-2006, 08:26 PM
The anticipated location of this months meet in Anderson,Sc has been postponed till another date-=

Seems Rick's schedul;e has changes and he willnot be there/in town due to business in out of town.

Therefore-

Hey!

Ran in to Rick tonight at the Upstate Mustang Cruise-In in Mauldin. Yep, looks like next weekend is out for both of us.

We talked about doing a tour of his shop, then driving over to my place for a pool party. Kick that idea around next Saturday, and let us know if that works for the June meeting, if not, maybe we can firm up for July.

BTW, neat cruise-in tonight. Lotsa Mustangs, a couple of MM's, even a DeLorean.

SCCH

Marauderman
05-07-2006, 05:08 AM
Hey!

Ran in to Rick tonight at the Upstate Mustang Cruise-In in Mauldin. Yep, looks like next weekend is out for both of us.

We talked about doing a tour of his shop, then driving over to my place for a pool party. Kick that idea around next Saturday, and let us know if that works for the June meeting, if not, maybe we can firm up for July.

BTW, neat cruise-in tonight. Lotsa Mustangs, a couple of MM's, even a DeLorean.

SCCH
.......and you went without a camera for pics so we could see.......:nono:
glad you met Rick ---will throw around your proposal at Sat.meet--see where it goes......sounds interesting sometime for the summer ......Tom

frdwrnch
05-07-2006, 11:50 AM
Sorry Guys, going out of town. Look forward to seeing you in June!

Butch
05-07-2006, 12:06 PM
.......and you went without a camera for pics so we could see.......:nono:

Well...I won't fail you Tom for some pics of cars...

Here are the pics from the Kernersville car show on Saturday:
http://photos.yahoo.com/butchhandy

They are in the album listed as "2006-05-06".

Also, here is a link the a video for the tractor pull that we went to on Saturday....
http://home.triad.rr.com/butch/Pics/

Later!

SC Cheesehead
05-07-2006, 01:49 PM
.......and you went without a camera for pics so we could see.......:nono: ......Tom

Oops!

It was actually a spur of the moment thing. E-Dubb works at the restaurant next door to the Sonic drive-in where the cruise-in was held, and he gave me a call during his break to tell me about it.

Ms. Cheesehead and I hopped in the Blue Devil to drive over for a look-see and I never even thought about taking a camera with me. Won't make the same mistake next time! :depress:

SCCH

Marauderman
05-07-2006, 04:55 PM
Oops!

It was actually a spur of the moment thing. E-Dubb works at the restaurant next door to the Sonic drive-in where the cruise-in was held, and he gave me a call during his break to tell me about it.

Ms. Cheesehead and I hopped in the Blue Devil to drive over for a look-see and I never even thought about taking a camera with me. Won't make the same mistake next time! :depress:

SCCH
Cool Rex--off the hook this time:lol:

Marauderman
05-11-2006, 04:05 AM
Well...I won't fail you Tom for some pics of cars...

Here are the pics from the Kernersville car show on Saturday:
http://photos.yahoo.com/butchhandy

They are in the album listed as "2006-05-06".

Also, here is a link the a video for the tractor pull that we went to on Saturday....
http://home.triad.rr.com/butch/Pics/

Later!
WOW! What can I say .thanks Butch---wow--so many nice pics--I got lost in time looking at them---folks--if you haven't seen them--go check them out---Great pics Butch-----I remember being at this event last year--its a nice show---..

Marauderman
05-11-2006, 04:07 AM

Therefore-

BUMP_BUMP___ Lets not forget this Saturdays Meet--Be thinking about MMIV and summer meet locations for discussions--see ya all there--Tom---

fastblackmerc
05-11-2006, 06:34 AM
Unfortunately my trip to Atlanta next week fell thru so I won't be able to attend this Saturday :( :( Hope everyone has a good time :beer: :beer:

prchrman
05-11-2006, 08:49 AM
Tom...was coming to South Carolina for that thing by shifting alot of stuff around...since we are not doing that thing I am going to back out of this one...sorry but am really covered up...also needing new tires and have not got them as of yet...will next month's be at the shop in Anderson?...again I apolyze...have a good one...willie

Marauderman
05-12-2006, 02:17 PM
Tom...was coming to South Carolina for that thing by shifting alot of stuff around...since we are not doing that thing I am going to back out of this one...sorry but am really covered up...also needing new tires and have not got them as of yet...will next month's be at the shop in Anderson?...again I apolyze...have a good one...willie

Thanks Willie--We all understand---Not sure about next months yet--stay tuned to the CM forum....

OK all--a reminder for tomorrows meet---weather is gonna be GREAT!!!

Think I try a chicken salad ...for lunch I mean..:lol: